Other Dishwashers:

GE Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

happy with cleaning dishes the first go round

**GE PDWT500R Dishwasher is a perfect addition to the kicthen especially if you have a large family running around like I do amd you need the extra help without any added worries. I am a mother of 3 and every dishwasher (there has been quite a few) I have purchased before this one has been just a waste of my time and my money. This dishwasher is quick and only takes around a half hour to completely finish a full load of dishes......free of any specks or dirt clinging to the dishes.  It doesn't seem to make the house any hotter than any other dishewasher during the drying cycle, if anything it keeps it around the same temperature as before running it. I love this dishwasher because I no longer have to rewash my dishes or inspect each one by themselves to make sure they are spot clean. It helps out a great deal to have the dishes ready and waiting to be used as soon as they are washed and dried and to be confident that they are definitely clean by the time you need to grab a dish or put them away ,would recommend . the best dishwasher so far.**

An Excellent Dishwasher GE PDWDWT500R Built-In Dishwasher

I bought this dishwasher last month and I've got to say my dishes have never been as clean as they are now.  I bought this to replace my aging Kenmore dishwasher. not only does the clean better, but it is also  easier than ever to conserve water with the many options available depending on  what is in your load. if energy ratings phenomenal and the front panel is really easy to use. its color and shape are aesthetically pleasing and stylish. However,  I dislike its layout. because I have limited space my kitchen, I would've liked it more if I had the option of an opening door rather than one retracts. although it is good-looking, fingerprints, oil, and other dirty things are easily discernible. It is also loud and may rumble at times. even though it may clean some dishes, those place away from certain spots may not as clean. Overall this washer is easy to use, energy-efficient, and fast, not to mention the great price. This product alone has convinced me that GE is a great company and I would definitely recommend buying from them.

magra

from Algeria

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Loud

• Commercial Kitchens

Modest and attractive

Horrible machine.

from Kansas

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I was looking forward to moving into my new apartment since it actually had a built in dishwasher. I was used to the terrible portable ones. Well, even though this one is built in, it is still an awful and inefficient machine.

The first problem with this dishwasher is how loud it is. When it was running the machine I had to turn my TV up extremely loud to be able to hear it! Secondly, dishes do not come out clean with this machine. You end up having bits of food all over your dishes. You either have to run the machine twice or thoroughly rinse your dishes beforehand. If you are going to rinse them that thoroughly you may as well just wash your dishes by hand!

I do not recommend this dishwasher. GE really let me down!

Noise Level
I know dishwashers are going to make some noise but the noise level of this one is just ridiculous.

Average cleaning time.

Average loading flexibility.

Very poor performance. Does not clean your dishes well at all!

Average and simple design.

Love this dishwasher

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I have only had this dishwasher for about a month now, and I can honestly say that I love it. It is so much quieter than my old dishwasher and I can hardly even hear that it is running. I love the fact that this dishwasher dries my dishes completely and they never come out with water spots or water on top of the cups.
It does take longer than my old dishwasher to do a complete cycle, but it is worth it because my dishes come out sparkling clean. I put almost everything in the dishwasher to not only clean but to sanitize. This dishwasher is amazing and I am so happy with the purchase.

Noise Level
This dishwasher is so quiet that you can hardly even tell that it is running.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is longer than most dishwashers, but I am happy with the results of the dishes so I do not mind the extra time.

I love the design and the stainless on the outside. It looks very clean and any smudges are very easy to wipe off.

Get this dishwasher!

from united states

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

The GE Built-in Dishwasher is the Cadillac of built-in dishwashers. With that being said, it is hard to expect anything less than perfect from GE.

Noise Level
When running the GE Built-In dishwasher, I hardly remember that it is supposed to be making noise. I am able to watch television at the same volume level that I am watching it at when the dishwasher is not running. In addition, while our GE Built-In Dishwasher is running, I am able to carry on a conversation at a regular level while in the kitchen.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time of the GE Built-In Dishwasher is up to par with most major dishwashers on the market today. There are additional options for deep cleaning cycles or quick wash cycles.

Loading Flexibility
The GE Built-In Dishwasher is extremely easy to load. The bottom rack easily accommodates all of my various forms cookware. In addition, I love the stemware holders for all of my wine and champagne glasses.

Loved this dishwasher!

from Davie, FL

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I had this dishwasher at my old apartment last year, and I just miss it so much. It fit in my kitchen perfectly without taking up a lot of room, and it always cleaned my dishes correctly. They always came out so sparkly and clean. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a reliable dishwasher.

Noise Level
This is what I loved most about the dishwasher. It was very quiet. I could not hear it from the next room like I could with most dishwashers.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is pretty standard, but that was always fine with me. No rush.

Loading Flexibility
This dishwasher actually fits a good amount of dishes inside. Looking at it from the outside, you would think that it would not, but it really does.

My dishes always came out sparkling clean!

I love the design. It's sleek and modern, and it does not take up very much room at all. It is perfect for small spaces.

I had this dishwasher for about three years until I moved to a new apartment. It always worked great, and I never had any problems with it.

• Loading Flexibility:

Cleans really well, but I hate the controls in the inside

from Elburn, IL

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher does a good job cleaning, and it is very roomy. There are lots of ways you can load it, to accomodate outsided and odd shaped items.

Noise Level
Not super noisy. You can still watch tv when it is on.

Cleaning Time
This dishwasher seems to clean a bit faster than my old Kitchenaid. The cycles seem to take about an hour.

Loading Flexibility
This really gets high marks for loading flexibility. You can really fit a lot of different shaped items in it at once. It has a very deep top rack that has places to hold delicate stemware.

This dishwasher does an outstanding job cleaning. I have never had to redo any items that I washed in it.

Good and bad things about the design: One feature that I hate, is the way the controls are in the inside top edge of the door. You choose the buttons you want, and slam the door. The problem is that you cannot change the settings once you have closed the door- or get it open to add something else. They are touch controls, and to choose settings, you have to cycle through several touches on each choice in order to get to the one that you want. I don't like this at all. I know they were going for a sleek look, but it scarfices function.
It does have a save favorite button, but I had troubles getting this to ever work. I had to cycle through all the settings every time I used it, because I wanted the energy saver, no heat dry cycle and water saver featrures, that are not default.
The way the racks are designed is very good, however. It does allow a lot of flexibility there.

I don't know. Haven't had it long enough. I think the door is super sensitive. I accidently walked into it, when it was down, and sprung the door. I really didn't hit it that hard. But it did not allow me to use any of the buttons, that are used for settings, until we figured out how to reallign the door. This was not a good sign.

• Loading Flexibility:

So quiet you don't know it's running!!

from Louisville, KY

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I've always loved GE appliances, but I had never had a GE dishwasher until we moved into this house almost two years ago. This kitchen is equipped with all GE products. I love this dishwasher! When I looked at it the first time, I thought some of the bells & whistles were kind of silly. I mean, a timer on your dishwasher? But that's the feature that I've come to love the most! With a touch of the button, I can tell it to start the cycle in 2, 4, or even 8 hours from now. So I can load the dinner dishes, set the timer, visit with my guests, and have the dishes done in the morning when I get up.

Noise Level
The best thing about this dishwasher is the quiet operation. Truly and seriously, when it's running, you have to be standing right next to it in the kitchen to know that it's on. No more turning the TV up full-blast to hear over the waves crashing in the kitchen! That complements the timer feature as well--when the dishwasher is running in the middle of the night you can't hear it, even when the house is completely silent.

Cleaning Time
I've never timed a load, but it seems to be about average compared to other dishwashers I've used. The automatic timer lets you set the cycle to run at night, though, so everything's nice & clean when you get up in the morning!

Loading Flexibility
Lots of good space in this one...and some of the racks on the bottom fold down to get out of the way for large pots & stuff. Also, the silverware basket is an actual basket that you can move around on the bottom rack. I've got mine set on the side, but I've used it on the back and on the front as well to accommodate different loads.

Love the touch-pad controls on the top edge of the door. It makes it easy to clean--and when small children come to my house, they can't monkey around with the controls and turn the heat on without me realizing it so the next time I use it all my plastic comes out melted. I'm just sayin.

GE products always seem to last a long time and perform well. I'm a fan!

• Loading Flexibility:

Love, love, love this dishwasher.

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

My dishwasher has eight wash cycles, six options, SmartDispense technology (this means it knows when to add soap and how much to add), stacks dishes so they dry at an angle, a small load cycle, hard food disposer, and the best thing--it is really really quiet (I hate noisy appliances). Compared to my old dishwasher, this dishwasher is just too good to be true.

Noise Level
This dishwasher is so quiet, I could have my child sleeping next to it and there would not be a problem.

Cleaning Time
Certain cycles take quite a while, but I guess it really does not matter since the important thing is clean dishes.

Loading Flexibility
I especially love the angled placement so you don't have to worry about water puddling on the tops of some cups or glasses. This was something I was especially annoyed with on my old dishwasher.

I love that it came in colors to match my kitchen. I love that it is designed with an adjustable rack and fold-down tines. I also love that it has a stainless interior and that it can be programmed for delayed start.

It is holding up very well for the workout it gets at our house.

• Loading Flexibility:

Good look & performance for the price

from Huntington, NY

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I selected a GE Profile dishwasher because both the price and the look of it were good – the GE profile line is moderately priced compared to some of their other lines but yet still looks modern and sleek, with the stainless steel look. I use my dishwasher about once every two weeks and I’ve had it for over five years and have yet to have a problem with it. It runs quietly and my wallet loves that it’s energy STAR efficient. I always pre-wash because that’s how my mom taught me – she said dishwashers aren’t magic so they shouldn’t be disgusting or else they won’t come out all clean. So I give them a quick wash but then like to clean them deeper by using the dishwasher. The steam prewash makes me feel extra confident that any bacteria is heated off.

Noise Level
The wash cycle is very quiet and doesn't annoy or bother me.

Cleaning Time
It takes awhile to finish but I'm never in a hurry to use what I've cleaned (or unload it) so I'm satisfied with the cleaning time. I'd wonder if it did a good enough job cleaning if it didn't take awhile.

Loading Flexibility
I have to rearrange what I've put in sometimes but the top drawer has a decent amount of height so I can fit bowls and small pans in there, so that's good.

I prewash to ensure that everything comes out clean enough. If I didn't then I'm sure not everything would come out.

I love the modern and sleek look of the stainless steel. It looks high end.

I've had mine for over five years and use it once or twice a month and haven't have any problems yet.

What A Convenience

from Williamsburg, VA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

What good way is to have an electronic appliance that helps you wash and clean the dishes or anything else you need so that you can save time, energy, and space. This branded item is reliable, suitable for you and me, and durable. For those of you who may be cheap or love to save too much money, you must ask yourself this question:

Do you wish to save so much money but waste more time and energy to wash dishes by hand or are you willing to spend more money on something that will save you energy and time?

For me, as cheap as I was in the past, right now I realize that money is not everything. I will not hesitate to spend more money on something that I can trust and rely on.

I love to buy something like this, use it repeatedly or often, and keep it as long as I live. That is all pretty much anyone would feel if he or she is using his/her money on something that gives him/her wisdom. Hey, as ridiculous as this sounds, I would want to pass this item to my children or loved ones after my death. Yeah.