3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

Could be a little quieter

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher has been satisfactory. It is pretty noisy and it feels like it takes forever to finish a cycle. I can not say that I would recommend this to any of my friends. I am counting down the days until we are able to upgrade to a different dishwasher. Sometimes I wonder if my dishes are clean enough to eat off of.

• Loading Flexibility:

Powerful, stylish & simple to operate

from Monticello, MN

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

The GE model is Wonderful! I really like the cool design too. I must do at least 1 load of dishes a day with my 4 kids & this dishwasher gets everything clean without having to rinse the dishes before putting them in. It's really quiet too which is great for when my younger kids are napping during the day.

• Loading Flexibility:

not sure I am keeping it if I can't fix drying issue

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

Not thrilled, while it cleans well, dry cycle is problematic as is the cleanliness of the machine after it has been run. I am not use to having coffee stains still at the bottom of the unit after the clean cycle. Had the repair people out several times, still working with them to rectify situation. If I were rating customer service it would be excellent, unfortunately I don't feel I should be having these problems after only 3 months

Loading Flexibility
Limited ability to use for bowls, but offers some nice flexibility for wine glasses and certain area's of the dishwasher can be enlarged by putting down sections of the "racks"

GE Dishwasher

from Beaverton, OR

Pros

Cons

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I recently bought this to replace an older model of a competetors' brand and had not initially considered a GE.  I am glad I did though as I have been very happy with it so far.  It cleans the dishes really well and does not seem to be paticular about what brand or kind of dishwashing detergent to use (as some other brands are) so that is a plus.  It also runs very quiet.  It does not hold quite as much as my previous dishwasher however, it is more than adequet.  Overall I find the styling is sleek and fits in my kitchen quite well.  The installation was easy and does not require a professional if you or someone in your household is the least bit handy.  Another advantage is it being an Energy Star appliance and that will make a difference annualy in your energy cost and water consumption and could have an additional benefit with your local water company if they offer rebate incentives for conservation efforts.  Overall, I would highly recomend this appliance.

The GE GLD6964RSS Built-In Dishwasher is a good dishwasher

from Boiling Springs, SC

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This is a good dishwasher.  However I found times I had problems getting it to start if it was just the slightest off balance.  I also had a problem with getting the inside of it clean.  This may be due to something else but it was there.  I ran several cycles to just clean the inside but no luck.

Good general cleaner but still leaves some food residue

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

The dishwasher is relatively flexible in terms of where different dishes, plates and glasses can be positioned.  Some of the pieces on the top shelf can be adjusted to fit different size glasses, for example.

However, for cereal bowls that are more round and deep rather than flatter and shallow, there is less flexibility.  This means that you can get less dishes in each load.  So you have to run the dishwasher more, use more dish-washing powder, more hot water, etc.

Overall, cleaning is what I would term as "acceptable but not great."  When you see the Cascade advertisement claiming that it gets even dried food off of silverware and dishes, it doesn't apply to our dishwasher, and it did to other dishwashers that we had in the past.  So you need to do some rinsing prior to putting the dishes and silverware in the dishwasher.

The final thing that would make this an "average" dishwaher is that the inside walls of the washer are plastic rather than stainless steel so it's not clear how long this one will last, and this may also be a factor in the "average" cleaning.

Still, all in all, I would say it is a good value for the price we paid.