4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

I wish I could put everything into my GE PDWT380RSS dishwasher.

I just got this GE PDWT380RSS dishwasher this year, but I love it so far.  It cleans my dishes so well, I wish I could clean everything in this dishwasher.  It is kind of middle of the line as far as prices go, but it cleans just as well as anything more expensive.  I love that it has smart dispense--I can put in a whole bottle of Cascade at once and it dispenses just the right amount for each load.  I don't have to worry about it again for months.  There is an indicator letting me know when it is low, so I don't have to remember when to put it in.  It has steam, which helps loosen food to get the dishes clean.  There are many cycles to choose from, and even has a delay button.  It is also quiet.  I love this feature.  It doesn't disturb you or make loud funny noises.  Also, the design of it is beautiful.  The outside looks so sleek and clean because the controls are hidden on the top.  It looks beautiful with my kitchen.  The interior is stainless steel so it won't rust.  If you are considering getting a new dishwasher, I highly recommend this one.

Good looking, mediocre performance.

The unit is quiet and loads easily. It does not do the best job of cleaning. We had a Bosch before this and it did a much better cleaning job.
Read complete review

The dishes just do not come clean- even with very hot water

No problems so far.

I'm turned off by GE now!

from Wisconsin

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

Gosh, where do I start? Suffice it to say, I will no longer by any GE products, and this dishwasher was the last straw. I've tried giving GE appliances a chance, basically because the price was usually right. I thought by spending more, I would get a better dishwasher. NOT. This dishwasher was not a "quality" purchase. The first thing I disliked right off the bat was the black plastic on the very bottom. Every time I vacuum or mop this would bang and clank because it is such a cheap piece of material. This isn't a loud dishwasher, but not as quiet as what we anticipated or was suppose to be "according to the sales woman." It is NOT energy efficient. That was our mistake. Now we are more prudent in choosing a dishwasher that uses less water. This GE GUZZLED the water so you would think dishes would come out very clean. NOT. We ended up having to rinse everything thoroughly before putting them in. Then the final straw is that little things kept going wrong, so we'd call a plumber in, which just ended up adding up in cost. Things like a bulb burning out, a switch breaking, a wire shorting or something. I can't remember the exact reasons, but one plumber told us that he and his wife stayed clear of GE appliances because they're made so cheaply. I can attest to this! I wish we would have gone back to the sales person who talked us into this particular dishwasher and told her to come get it. I hated it. Okay, so I rated it a 2, and that's because I did like the look of the handle and the way it curved. It was easy to open and close and looked sleek.

GE Dishwasher

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

My husband just recently purchased the GE dishwasher after our old one gave out. We were just looking for something that would be able to give us multiple cleaning setting options and something that would dry our dishes while leaving them spot free. I also wanted something that would be roomy and racks that wouldn't chip after just a few washes. Thankfully we were able to find a dishwasher that accommodated all of our needs with the GE built in dishwasher.

Noise Level
Compared to some of the other dishwashers I have owned in my life the noise level is surprisingly low and non-disturbing. I can run it during any time, even at night and it doesn't bother me or my husband while we're sleeping.

Cleaning Time
Depending on what setting I choose for each particular load the cleaning times vary slightly but none of them are too terribly long in duration. I would say its settings are pretty average in terms of cleaning times.

I Love It, But....

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I gave this a 9 because I love the design of it. I love that it makes virtually no noise at all. I love that it fits with the overall design of my new kitchen.

Noise Level
This machine purrs like an extremely happy kitty. I love it. I sometimes forget that I even have it on, it is so quiet.

Cleaning Time
More that enough cleaning time to do the job for most things.

Loading Flexibility
For such a seemingly compact unit, it fits all of my dishes and pots and pans, baking dishes with ease.

I would advise rinsing some things beforehand as it does not always get everything out during the first run. For instance, foods like spaghetti and baked foods, like mac and cheese or lasagna, are somewhat difficult if the foods are burned on around the edges.

I love the design of this unit. It works really well with the overall design of my kitchen.

I have had this unit for about 2 years, and it is holding up rather well, with no issues thus far.

Awesome piece of machinery

from San Pedro, CA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This piece of equipment has saved my life on several occasions. First of all, just having a dishwasher to use is a blessing. To add, this one is top of the line. There are multiple cycles to use and they all leave the dishes looking and feeling clean. There is also a drying feature, which cuts down in mildew and water buildup. Not to mention the sleek design of this product. It is very appealing to the eye.

Efficient, affordable and quiet

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

Affordable, efficient dishwasher that looks more expensive than it really is.

Noise Level
I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet this dishwasher is. We have an open floor plan in our house and with our old dishwasher we could not run the dishwasher while the tv was on because it was so loud. This dishwasher is nice and quiet.

Cleaning Time
Because it is more energy efficient, it takes slightly longer to run a load than it did with our previous dishwasher. However, it is still what I would consider "within normal limits". Waiting a little longer to allow for less use of water and water and energy conservation is not a hardship for me.

Loading Flexibility
Very easy to load. The silverware tray is great/ allowing each piece to get very clean. I like that the inside of the tub is nice and big. I can fit pots and pans on both top rack and bottom rack.

Overall, very pleased with this dishwasher. IT was the right price and the right appliance for us; looking for a replacement dishwasher that was affordable, quieter than our old one, and would clean our dishes without leaving residue.

Love the stainless steel look and that the buttons are hidden on the door. Easy to keep clean and wipe down.

My kids load this and are not very gentle with the door or the racks. We have had no damage thus far and it seems as though its a pretty tough appliance!

great budget dishwasher

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

We recently had to replace our dishwasher. our previous dishwasher was very loud and it required lots of pre-washing/rinisng just to get a load clean. When we finally agreed on a budget, we started looking around at dishwashers. we wanted a good quality dishwasher, that was more quiet than our previous one. It also had to fit in our budget, which was fairly moderate.

the Ge built-in dishwasher fit all of these qualifications. We were able to take advantage of a sale, and we saved an additional 10%.

We have had our dishwasher for a couple months now, and we notice a huge difference. Our dishes come out clean regardless of it we scrub the them first. we simply rinse off the extra junk, and within 10 minutes we have our dishwasher loaded.

we also do not hear our dishwasher unless it is changing from rinse to wash or done with a cycle. these noises are so minor compared to before that it does not bother us at all.

• Loading Flexibility:

Daddy of all Dishwashers!

from Newport Beach, CA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This is the daddy of all dishwashers! I'll admit, what first drew me to purchasing this appliance for my kitchen was the sleek lines. I love the stainless steal look & the sleek single handle bar. I also like how there aren't any big ugly controls visible on the front of it. It is very modern & clean, yet still gets the job done so I don't have to wash my dishes by hand. It is fairly quiet when running (compared to my last one) and I haven't had any performance issues with it. There hasn't been any pooled water when I open it up after running & I don't notice water standing on the top of my coffee cups either. The dishes come out clean & sparkling with no film or soap residue. I was hesitant to spend such a large sum on a dishwasher, when I could have purchased a different make & model for half the price of this one, but I am certainly glad I did. I am expecting it to last for years to come while looking beautiful in my kitchen!

Good Dishwasher

from Rural Retreat, VA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I recently got married and moved into our renovated house. This GE dishwasher was a wedding gift from some friends of ours. My new husband installed it. I have found that it does a pretty good job on the dishes but not the pots and pans. It is not as quiet as I would like but I can just close the kitchen door and it is okay while we are in another part of the house watching television. They cycles don't run as long as I would like and since we have hard limestone water I have already had to replace a filter. I have found that using vinegar and some baking soda along with the dishwashing detergent seems to get the dishes cleaner and the glasses are clearer and not as streaked and cloudy. I hate washing dishes so this dishwasher is an absolute essential for me. If, and when, we ever do have to buy another dishwasher I intend to do a lot of research on the next one. There are a lot of things this one does not do that I would like in my next dishwasher.

A little noisy

My GE dishwasher

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I really like our GE dishwasher! Sometimes it makes me feel as if I'm too lazy but hey, with a family of six you must have a dishwasher! GE is an excellent brand that my family has relied on for years. I'm a loyal GE fan, it's a very trustworthy brand by far!

Noise Level
I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet this dishwasher is! Quiet as a mouse, sometimes I forget its even running.

Cleaning Time
The time it takes my dishes to be cleaned varies. Due to the amount of dishes I load in, the level of soiledness etc. I am very happy with the time it takes for my dishwasher to run.

Loading Flexibility
Loading my GE dishwasher is a breeze. The layout for the dishes is very smart and well thought out. I really don't mind loading my dishwasher!

I've had my GE dishwasher about 1 year and so far my family is very pleased with it. Even my kids don't mind to help do the dishes! My dishes always come out clean.

I love having the stainless steel dishwasher! It's so clean and stylish!

So far after having my dishwasher for a little over a year, it still looks ad works brand new!

• Loading Flexibility:

This is a very sleek , quiet and efficient dishwasher.

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

First of all let me tell I am a dishwasher freek. I use the dishwadher at least twice a day.
it is very energy efficient so my husbsnd is happy.
This is a good dishwasher for my household needs. It has child lock which is like the must have for me. Then if it was working and for some reason you open it and forgot to close it it will signal you again and again though its annoying. For big family it's not good as it s not space efficient. Looks are nice , touch screen buttons . Interiors are all black , it doesn't get dirty so easily. But cleaning it is a big headache.
It cleans good. But little problem is with drying. So quiet you won't even realise that it's on. With my old dishwasher that was the big problem.
It has lot of cutlery accessories then baby bottle accessory.
Preety much good pricd in my opinion as of product. I wont say its perfect but yes a very good product.
I will recomend it to everybody espcially with kids.