4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

Good dishwasher at a decent price.

I had to quickly purchase a dishwasher when our old one failed, and chose this GE online since it had decent reviews and the price was right. That was about six months ago, and I've really had no complaints. I like the looks of it better than the picture. Sometimes a plate or two might not come out as clean as I like, but I've also been trying some different "natural" cleaners recently which may not work quite as well. There's also a bit of residue that I need to wipe out now and then, but nothing major. It's a lot quieter then our old dishwasher, which was a pleasant surprise. It also holds a lot of dishes. The interior is stainless, which is also something I was looking for, and so far happy with.

Noise Level
No problems with noise even though we have an open kitchen.

Cleaning Time
It takes awhile, but most newer dishwashers do.

Loading Flexibility
Once I learned how everything can fit, I'm pleased.

When using a decent detergent, I've been very pleased. When trying a green product, the dishes sometimes came out dirty.

I'm pleased.

No problems yet, and I use it daily.

Great for the messy cook

Well my wife and I love to cook and we are not the neatest people in the kitchen. Our counter space is limited and we usually use several pots and pans when we create something tasty. Needless to say when we are like two tornados in the kitchen we need a dishwasher that can keep up! What we first noticed about this particular dishwasher is the size. It is a great size for several large bulky cooking utensils. It also allows you to move the racks around to fit what you need to put in there. We were able to wash 4 pots and fit dishes and bowls around it just on the bottom shelf! In the washer we had before this one we had to practically wash all the dishes clean before we put them in the washer.  It would not clean off the dried food or even the soap scum that we used in the washer itself.However, with this new washer there is such a powerful yet quiet motor that we hardly have to wash anything off and when its finished (in almost have the time as our last washer) everything is spotless!

Great buy

from Lake Elsinore, CA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I am very pleased with this dishwasher. Not only does it clean well, it looks great in my kitchen. It is not nearly as noisy as the dishwasher I had in a rental condominium prior.... That was brand new dishwasher as well. It really does a great job without making much of a sound. I have compliments all the time about how sparkling clean my dishes are.... And I wash nothing by hand. All the credit goes to my dishwasher. The cleaning capacity is phenomenal. We're always Able to squeeze one more dish in, and everything comes out sparking clean each and every time. His disheasher is used on a daily basis and performs just as it had on the first day of purchase, now five years later. II will definitely look to ge for my next appliance purchase.

• Loading Flexibility:

A great powerful dishwasher that does a great job cleaning.

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This is a wonderful dishwasher at a reasonable price.

Noise Level
It is extremely quiet compared to the average dishwasher. A great investment!!

Cleaning Time
It cleans in a good amount of time. It doesn't take too long.

Loading Flexibility
It is very easy to load and unload this dishwasher. I have had no problems so far.

This is a very high-efficiency dishwasher that does its job great.

The design is very sleek, modern, and stylish and would fit great in any kitchen.

This is a very durable dishwasher. I plan to keep it for a very long time. It also has a good warranty. It does not seem to scratch or dent easily at all. This is the perfect dishwasher if you have a family with kids.

• Loading Flexibility:

It's a sleek looking dishwasher

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I like it because of the look and the mechanics of it. It's a good dishwasher for a large family or a person who washes the dishes a lot. I think this would go with any other appliances in the house. I would recommend this to any family who is looking to buy a new dishwasher.

• Loading Flexibility:

Great overall energy efficent and quiet dishwasher!

from Guilford, CT

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

Recently replaced our old dishwasher with this GE Built-in Dishwasher in stainless steel and I am very satisfied with it. I think for the price and compared to other models- it is a great deal. This particular model of GE Built-in Dishwasher looks modern and sleek and has great functions. It is much quieter than our older dishwasher we had before. I also think the steam pre-wash function works extremely well. My wife actually prefers to hand wash dishes but with this new dishwasher- she is okay with using the dishwasher more often because of how clean the dishes look after use. The silverware come out looking extra clean and shiny compared to our old dishwasher. The rack space is significantly larger inside than our older dishwasher as well. A great upgrade from the old dishwasher models!

Great Price and Effective Dishwasher

from Austin, TX

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I am very pleased with this dishwasher, especially for the price. We purchased this along with 3 other appliances. Although none of them were a matching set, this one fits in well with the rest. I like the simplicity and clean lines. It is very easy to use and everything comes out clean. I can't imagine buying anything more expensive as this gets the job done effectively.

Noise Level
Perhaps its not fair to judget because our previous dishwasher was so loud we could not watch TV when it was running. I was shocked the first time this ran through because it was so quiet.

Cleaning Time
It seems reasonable. I am usually able to start a load of clothes before bed. I like that this has the delayed start as well. I set it to start an hour after I load so that I can bathe the kids first.

Loading Flexibility
It's not huge. We are a family of 5 and sometimes we are not able to fit in all of our dishes at the end of the day, but it is comparable to our previous machine and I can't imagine bigger.

Dishes come out clean, much better than our old machine, which was 20 years old. It seems to be more effective with the soap packets that we received as a sample when we purchased the machine.

I like it. It is very modern, minimalist. Not typically my style, but I love the clean lines and I'm thinking about changing my style.

So far, so good.

• Loading Flexibility:

I can't believe this dishwasher is so bad.

from Menifee, CA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher is only 6 years old and is the worst I have ever had. It does not clean my dishes no matter what type or brand of dishwasher soap I use. It has a great deal of residue on the inside and we can NEVER put an item in without cleaning it first. The coating on my ceramic coffee mugs has been eaten away causing me to purchase new mugs and thus spending more money. This appliance has an electronic system that won't even advance to the next cycle and when it does, it often skips and doesn't complete it's process leaving a pool of water in the bottom of the dishwasher. GE should take a look at this model as it does not have a recall as do many of their other dishwashers. I have searched for some type of recall or rebate but I have yet to find one. Don't buy this one.

A fabulous dishwasher!

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

We have owned this dishwasher for nearly a year and it has been a pleasure to own. We love the looks and it does a superb job in cleaning our dishes. It comes with detachable racks that hold wine glasses which is nice. We love the layout. I installed it myself and it was an easy process. Two thumbs up!

• Loading Flexibility:

We just bought one for our new house.

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

We have only had this dishwasher for a little time, but so far so good!

Noise Level
The noise level is a little louder than I expected, but it's not terrible.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is a little long, but my dishes come out clean and that's what I care about.

Loading Flexibility
loading is never a problem. Lots of room to use.

Dishes always come out super clean.

I love the design. It go really well with the rest of our kitchen.

We've only had it a short time, but so far no problems.

• Loading Flexibility:

Absolutely LOVE this dishwasher!!!

from Dewart, PA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I am extremely pleased with this dishwasher!! Not only does it run efficiently but it never fails to get all of my dishes sparkling clean. I've never had to rewash any of them to remove stuck on food. The dishwasher is really quiet, cycles through properly, and does the job it's intended to. You will not be disappointed.

• Loading Flexibility:

A very quiet DW that cleans very well and is a good value

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

this is my first GE dishwasher and I'm really happy I switched from Kenmore to GE. It is so quiet that we actually have checked to make sure we turned it on, and my dishes and glassware are coming out sparkling. I have had it for over a year and have not had any trouble. Also the stainless front cleans well with just plain water and a dish towel.

Highly recommend this - great dishwasher for the price. This dishwasher is in a shore house where it is very humid and I was told to get the stainless steel interior for this climate. Glad I took the sales rep's advice.

Noise Level
A big strength !!! We have an open floor plan and I wanted to be able to run the DW without creating noise in the family room - mission accomplished!

the first one that was dellivered to me leaked and I sent it back but this replacement one has worked very well for the 15 months that I have had it