3.5

Pros

Cons

Such a time saver!

Noise Level
I can barely hear this dishwasher, I run it a few times every single day and not once has it gotten on my nerves, you can barely hear it even when you are standing right next to it.

Cleaning Time
It does take a while for it to clean but it would take much, much longer to do a job this well by hand

Loading Flexibility
I can fit just about anything in this dishwasher and can fit lots of items in there together many, many different ways

Absolutely wonderful!! I used to wash my dishes off a little before putting them into the dishwasher just because every other one I've ever had never did a great job unless I did that, but I decided to try it one day without washing them off first and have never done it again it got them spotless with no extra washing

Great design, looks very nice and flows well

Extremely durable, I use this dishwasher a minimum of two times a day most days I use it 3 times and have had it for going on 3 years and it still runs just as great as it did the first day I got it

very basic

My home was purchased FHA so the previous owner installed this brand new. I have to say it works okay but I have had better. It has the most basic functions on it. I have found it is not very good at getting all the food off unless you have prewashed everything. It does seem to work better if it has added heat on it. I do like the sanitizing on it, it gets nice and hot but watch out for the steam when you open the door cause it can burn. Also be careful what ends up in there. Somehow a used match had found its way in and clogged the entire thing. My husband had to take it apart to remove this tiny match from god knows where to get it to work again.

Noise Level
It is a little noisier than i care for.

Cleaning Time
The cycles seem to take forever.

Loading Flexibility
There is plenty of room for very large loads. I often fill it to the max.

Could be better could be worse. Try to use added heat for a better clean or prerinse everything.

Its simple looking.

Just make sure to clean regularly and keep out small objects like matches or even some food particles.

Such a time saver!

Great design, looks very nice and flows well

No prescrubbing required!

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

The best dishwasher I have ever owned!

Noise Level
I don't have to turn up the television while it is running.

Cleaning Time
The wash cycle is very long but I do run it on the pot scrubber cycle with the heated dry.

Loading Flexibility
I can fit more in this dishwasher than any other dishwasher I have owned in the past. It has a high capability for tall dishes and pots.

I have put in dishes with some serious caked on food and they come out sparkling and completely clean!

I absolutely love the locking feature! I have a toddler that was constantly pushing the buttons in mid-cycle and I would come down in the morning and have no idea if the cycle had completed and would have to re-run the entire load. Expensive!! Now I set all my preferred settings and just lock them in, no more guessing! It is great!

My only complaint is the upper spinning wand comes off too easily. If you put a dish or cup that is too tall on the top rack, it will knock off the water wand and you have to pop it back on.

• Loading Flexibility:

very nice dishwasher for not alot of money

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This is a very nice dishwasher for the amount of money you need to spend on it. It does a very nice job of cleaning dishes without a lot of pre washing.

Noise Level
This is a very quiet dishwasher to operate. It is less noise than many more expensive brands

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time for this unit is very comparable to other dishwashers.

Loading Flexibility
As long as you arrange dishes in a nice order, you can load this unit very effectively to maximize space

This unit performs as well as other more expensive brands on the market. Have been pleasantly surprised by the way it cleans dished.

A well designed machine that looks good in you kitchen area.

So far has been a very durable product, Have had no issues with this unit.

perpetually dirty dishes

from Hobbs, NM

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I live in an area with really hard water and it seemed no matter what I used in this machine, my dishes always came out dirty and covered in spots. To add to that it was very, very load and had to be run at night with the door closed or right before we left the house so we didn't have to hear it. It also seemed to take forever to clean the dishes. That is on top of the recent blowout we had with it where after turning it on it began gushing water all over the floor. We had to replace the whole machine and needless to say we went with a different model. Not sure if we just got a lemon but I wouldn't take my chances again.

• Loading Flexibility:

Not my favorite dishwasher but gets the job done.

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

THis dishwasher was put into our house that we built as part of the purchase. I would definitely not purchase this dishwasher if I went to the store and picked it out myself. Almost every 10 loads that we run the detergent dispenser does not pop open and we have to rerun the loads. The wheels on the racks that roll out have popped off too easily. If you have to open the dishwasher in the middle of the run cycle you cannot continue the wash cycle but have to start all over from the beginning!

Cleaning Time
It seems to take a long time to wash dishes in comparison to other dishwashers I have had.

I don't think this dish washer is going to last us very long. We have had it for five years and we will probably have to replace it soon.

very basic

from Hesperia, CA

Noise Level
It is a little noisier than i care for.

Cleaning Time
The cycles seem to take forever.

Loading Flexibility
There is plenty of room for very large loads. I often fill it to the max.

Its simple looking.

Dishwasher

from Dunnellon, FL

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

My landlords put this dishwasher in a few months ago and after 7 years with our old dishwasher that was horrible this one is amazing!! Not sure if it's just because we were so sick of our old one that it made the new one all that much better but it's a very nice machine so far. We use it once a day and so far there are no issues, it's pretty quiet too which is nice and it's just an all around nice machine. Didn't have a say in the one we got since it was from the landlords but again very nice for not being able to have a say in it.

I don't like it

from Winston Salem, NC

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher came in my new home that we purchased and I wish I would have looked at it a little more before closing on the house because I would have requested a different dishwasher!! First off we used this for two weeks and then it flooded the entire kitchen because the seal was bad. We had to call our contractor out and he disconnected it and took it back to lowes and exchanged it for the same model. The seal is ok in this one but if you load the dishwasher and get any liquid on the bottom part that you pick up to close the dishwasher with, it will leak out on the floor. Also I find it very difficult to hit the right buttons on this dishwasher because they are so close together and I don't like the drying cycle on this dishwasher either because it doesn't half work.

Good dishwasher but lacks some functions...

from Irvine, CA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

Most of time, it cleans well... However, when you don't want to run whole cycle for dishwasher and you just need dry your dishes...you can't do that with this dishwasher....because there's no button just for heated!!!~

Every time you want to just dry your dishes, you have to run whole cycle and I don't like it.

It's not really quiet dishwasher....little loud and I don't like it.

came with the house would have prefered another brand

from The Villages, FL

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

The dishwasher came with the new home. Since I live alone I do not wash dishes until the dish washer is full. If I do not wipe the dishes off before loading the dishwash it does not always clean the dishes. I run a load about every 5 days. I believe this to be a lower quality dishwasher and that GE does have better washers. Would I replace it with another GE? Frankly that would depend on what the DW  offered ie pre-rinse ect., and of course the price. I have had the DW for 3 years and have had no problems other then the one stated above.