3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

We Love Our New Refrigerator!

When we moved into our house and found that our old refrigerator was too large for the space in the kitchen I was devastated. I loved my side by side and was dreading the thought of having to get a top and bottom fridge. It took us forever to find a refrigerator that fit the space and looked good as well. I am THRILLED with this fridge! It looks really lovely with the stainless steel finish. The crisper keeps my veggies fresh longer than my side by side did. I have also found that I can get ALOT of food in the bottom freezer. It makes it easy for my 5 year old to get ice for her drinks down there as well. The only thing I can say that is at all negative is that the finish gets smudged easliy and if you clean it the wrong way you can cause it to get scratches. I just went out and bought some stainless cleaning wipes and that fixed that problem right up. We have a really large family (4 kids) and I was worried that a small refridgerator wasn't going to hold enough food. I have found however, that because of the way the inside is organized I am able to get all of my groceries to fit nicely and neatly on the shelves. Overall, we are very pleased with this refrigerator!

So-so

Although this refrigerator looks very nice and sleek, I have had many problems with it. No major problems, like the compressor going out, but the ice maker only works once in a while, the freezer thermostat has to be reset constantly or it will get too warm, and the module had already had to be replaced.

Noise Level
Definitely not the quietest refrigerator out there, but it's not super loud. The ice maker does make odd noises when it does decided to work, too.

Interior Organization
Does not have adequate vegetable and fruit space or dairy/lunch meat space. I do like that one spill proof shelf does roll out for easy cleaning and access.

Temperature Control
Inconsistent. Won't hold temperature. Has to be reset often.

Only lasted 2 years before needing its first repair. I have no confidence this refrigerator will last another day, let alone another year.

Generally, I like the design. But that does not make up for the other catastrophic features.

I would not recommend-Very poor quality

from Calgary Alberta

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about GE Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Very,Very noisy-had service man here-he says that its normal-I cant believe this to be true

We Love Our New Refrigerator!

So-so

from florida, USA

Temperature Control
    Inconsistent. Won't hold temperature. Has to be reset often.

Great for small spaces

Comments about GE Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

We recently purchased this GE refrigerator after our old one died. We live in an older home and found that the vast majority of fridges on the market these days are too large for the space we have. It's well designed and we've been pleased over all with the quality of it. The only drawback is the freezer space. The basket in the freezer is difficult to keep organized. We solved this issue by using lidded Pyrex containers though and it seems to help keep things from getting lost. I would recommend it as a purchase though, especially if you live in a small home.

Very quiet

Interior Organization
    The shelves are easily adjustable

Temperature Control
    Haven't had any issues with items freezing in the back. Seems to maintain a consistent temperature throughout.

Again, shelves are easily removable

Has held up well in a house of three boys and a husband

I wonder if the freezer could have been changed in anyway to make it easier to find items

• Temperature Control:

great product my family love

Comments about GE Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

This was a great purchase and I am happy for purchasing this fridge.

Interior Organization
    The compartments in the fridge is just enough room to store an adequate amount of food for my family

No problem and my kids open and close it several times a day

The design fits well with my kitchen and the design is simple but looks elegant and expensive

Acceptable refrigerator/freezer

Comments about GE Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

This refrigerator has the advantage of having the refrigerator at eye level so things are easy to find. The freezer drawer pulls out making it easy to reach all of the frozen food. However it is difficult to regulate the temperature in the refrigerator, if it is not full the fruits and vegetables end up frozen

Very quiet

Interior Organization
    Shelves and drawer are easy to rearrange

Temperature Control
    Difficult to maintain the temperature throughout the interior, top shelf is at the correct temperature but food in the produce drawer at the bottom are caked in ice.

Easy to clean, walls wipe up nicely

All of the food in the top refrigerator and freezer is easily accessable

Chilly and big

Comments about GE Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Before buying this refrigerator, I was hesitant to commit to it! I had bad experiences so far.
    This GE refrigerator changed my view! I love its size, quality and its ability to cool down its contents very quickly! The price, I thought, was fair, given the brand name and the quality it implies. I really fell in love with this great fridge. At first it didn't look too special; but I was wrong. It worked very well, keeping my refrigerated items cold without freezing them. Moreover, the adjustable shelves came in handy after I made a couple of trips to a local supermarket; I needed to adjust the shelves to fit everything in. I can't really comment about the adjustable door because of course hotel management probably wouldn't have appreciated me changing the door on them; but I assume you can adjust the door fairly easily. The interior light worked fine.

The shelves weren't quite as deep as I would have liked them to be, but then again it comes with adjustable shelves. I could also put things like foot long sandwiches in at 45 degree angles; that way even a large item can fit inside without a problem.

Noise Level
    It's noticeable but not annoying at all.

Very Small freezer section

Comments about GE Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Have had no issues with performance in 3 years. Cleans well with damp cloth and drawers and shelves come out easy for clean up. Stainless steel front comes up well with stainless steel wipes, but does require wiping every couple days to keep looking print free

It's like putting a puzzle together when you get home from the grocery store putting things away in the freezer, most items need to come out of thier boxes to fit. Not good if you like to keep items on hand in freezer. And forget about a frozen pizza, won't fit

Nice Freezer!

from Belmar, NJ

Comments about GE Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I have a GE Bottom-Freezer and it is a very nice appliance. It is so nice to have the fridge part on top since that is what gets the most use. It is spacious enough for my family to use and has lots of shelf and storage space. The only drawback I have is that the freezer part on the bottom underneath where you store your food is hard to clean and get to if you do drop something in it. Other than that it has a nice modern look to it and works well!

It is quiet.

Interior Organization
    There is lots of storage, shelves and pull outs!

Temperature Control
    You can control it by the touch of a button!

The fridge top is easy but the bottom freezer is a little harder to clean.

It is very sturdy.

It has a nice modern look to it.

• Temperature Control:

The GE refrigerator brings a modern feel to the home.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about GE Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

The GE refrigerator is a solid frig that makes your home feel more modern and updated.  It has handed shelves that can moved for different heights.  One shelf has a piece of it that slides away to create a more height for larger items while still giving you shelf space at the same time.

The front door holds 2 gallon jugs with ease which is great.   It has good space for eggs, butter, side door components as well to keep all the little items and food condinments.

One negative is the ice maker tends to push ice to the bottom of the freezer. Also, the freezer basket makes it hard to find items easily.  Thought it does have a 2 separate slide mechanisms above the basket where you can keep frequently used items.

Overall a solid choice -  Greg