Other Refrigerators:
French Door Refrigerators
GE
GE Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator GFSS2HCYSS

GE Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator GFSS2HCYSS

Pros

• Customizable shelving (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (3)
    • Personal (3)

Excellent

from Flint, MI

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

• Large Kitchens
    • Small Kitchens

Comments about GE Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator GFSS2HCYSS:

Love our refrigerator. We went from a old 2000 side by side fridge and freezer that had no room, to this! It is amazing how much room you have and how much more food you can fit in the fridge!

Love my refrigator

from Portland , MA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well

• Large Kitchens

Comments about GE Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator GFSS2HCYSS:

Giving this refrigerator 5 stars, we are thrilled to have it in our kitchen, it's working perfectly, looks beautiful with it great design , very roomy with an easy use of layout.

It has a stylish, an elegant design, LED lighting is great and make it easy to see everywhere in the fridge, beside with the two doors, you only have to open half of it and retrieve what you want , and the freezer in the bottom is very handy with an ease of access.

It's large and have more capacity and space , the shelves are adjustable , easy to wipe down and keep it clean, it has a snack drawer that make it easy to store favorite foods for quick and easy access , energy efficient and the temperatures in both freezer and fridge are consistent .

The price is really good for this refrigerator, a great value; I highly recommended to buy this solid fridge .

Love my refrigerator.

f

from Georgia

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Customizable Shelving

• Big Families

f

Fridge

Comments about GE Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator GFSS2HCYSS:

Has your fridge broken down or just tired of your current fridge, well it is time to get yourself this fridge right here. This fridge has two doors for the fridge and a freezer at the bottom. The only thing I kind of dislike is that you have to bend down for your frozen foods which is probably not possible for eveyone to bend down. I'm not saying I have a back problem, but if you do this fridge isn't for you. Now, the best part everyone might be interested is the two door french fridge. It has lots of space and you can fit many things in it. I have two refridgerators in my home that I wish I didn't waste money on. One broke down but the other still works. The problem is that it doesnt have a lot of space. To make things more clear it has space but not as much as this french refridgerator. My fridge just has two doors to fit my stuff in (freezer and cooler). The french fridge has two doors added to the cooler which makes it better. It has more space and it's easier to set my stuff wherever I want it to be. If you buy a a lot of groceries like me, this one is for you. Just keep in mind the freezer won't be like the cooler but I would give this freezer a nine. Only because of the freezer isn't really that big.

It was good!

Comments about GE Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator GFSS2HCYSS:

We had a tight spot to fit a fridge; this one fit under our overhead cabinets and within the width, without sacrificing needed counter/cabinet area. The French doors also made it more compact to open. The interior space is flexible but we knew it would not be huge because of the outside dimensions. It suits my family (2 sometimes 4) easily, and I frequently entertain, The freezer holds a lot of stuff, but not in any organized way. Still, it's much better than the side by side freezer we had previously. The glass shelves are convenient and great quality, but the plastic vege bins are VERY cheap and began to crack almost immediately. The exterior stainless-like finish is very nice, good lines, and stays clean easily. The doors shut nicely/of their own accord, but the seal/stripping is not holding up, has begun to tear after a year. It runs quietly, economically and efficiently, altho sometimes when very full the lower back items can freeze up. The water filter canister in the upper right of the fridge, I think, is space-wasteful. The bottom grill is easy to clean and removes easily to vacuum. My main reason to choose this appliance was fitting in our space in a tiny kitchen area, but I am overall satisfied with the quality.

Awesome!

Awesome!!

Comments about GE Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator GFSS2HCYSS:

This is hands-down the best fridge that I have every owned. I have never had any problems with it. The only downfall is that I feel as if the bottom portion is lacking in space. Other than that, two thumbs up!

To go into a little bit more detail, I would also like to add that it is 100% quiet and very easy to clean. Both the interior and exterior are sleek and look flawless

Awesome

Comments about GE Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator GFSS2HCYSS:

I just got this new; the GE refrigerator is so brilliantly wonderful. I love it so much. It is so spacious and roomy. It is very convenient that there are two doors to open for the fridge. It does not waste a whole lot of energy if you want to just get one thing out because a smaller space opens. I also love the drawer feature for the freezer because it is much easier to reach down there for short people like me. Just know that even though there are convenient drawers and organizers inside, you will still have to do a lot of moving around to get to the things at the very bottom. I have found that this type of freezer is still much easier to organize and fit more items than a traditional top freezer. I also love the sleek stainless steel look because it fits right into my kitchen and if I want to change the color coordination it is still matching everything. I love this refrigerator and would buy it again and recommend it to everyone!

Noise Level
        This fridge does not make noise. I'm not sure why this is a factor.

Temperature Control
        Very easy to adjust the temperature.

• Temperature Control:

Divided doors open in a small space

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about GE Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator GFSS2HCYSS:

I did not want a water dispenser in the door. Been there, done that and I did not like the mess that it left and the mineral buildup. My challenge, I had to have doors that would allow them to open in a small space. I did not want a refrigerator with French doors as those seem to have a smaller than average freezer or at least the way they are designed they don't hold large items such as a turkey so it came down to a fridge like the GE one I bought and it scores high in all areas.

Noise Level
        This was a pleasant surprise. It is actually a lot quieter than the old one. As a matter of fact when we first bought the refrigerator we kept checking it to make sure that it was running.

Interior Organization
        WOW is all I can say. I love the design of the inside. It holds so much more and it is designed to where I can actually see and find things.

Temperature Control
        When we first bought the refrigerator we checked the temperature with a thermometer and it was right on the mark.

Another plus is how easy it is to clean. I just use a clean rag, a little soapy water and clean away. Rinse and clean up is done. The refrigerator design has a smoother edge on the shelves so things don't catch on the edge of the shelves and it sure make clean up easier and faster.

We haven't had the refrigerator long enough to give a accurate opinion so I am basing my opinion on the other GE appliance that I have had. We find that they are a good product and a great value for the money.

Total winner in my book.

love it

from Edina, MN

Comments about GE Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator GFSS2HCYSS:

I love our GE Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator. It is so spacious and can fit so many items in an organized manner that there is no way that you will not enjoy it. There are many compartments to have everything separated and sorted out so you can find things easily and quickly. The temperature regulation is also a cool addition so you can have it at the perfect temperature. The drawers are also insulated so fruits and vegetables will last longer and not go bad as quickly. The freezer is huge and you can fit in a great deal of food with no problem at all.

Noise Level
        No noise at all that I have noticed.

Great for organizing.

Temperature Control
        The temperature control helps to keep food fresh longer and control what level you want it on.

Simple, just pull things out and a quick swipe and you are set.

General Electric appliances are great for durability.

Design is modern and a great addition to any kitchen. Its a big improvement over many other fridges.

• Temperature Control:

This is a great backup refrigerator for us, tremendous.

Comments about GE Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator GFSS2HCYSS:

Really great refrigerator, we needed an extra one for our garage with all the dinner parties and gatherings we throw and this one really fits the bill. We store all kinds of stuff and its a real compliment to our other machines.

Noise Level
        Very quiet, we keep it in the garage, but I creep out in the middle of the night sometimes and hardly realize its there sometimes. It barely has a low hum to it.

Interior Organization
        Great inside flexibility, every shelf and drawer slides and adjusts with outrageous realignment that we're always changing it up in there. Doesn't really have any problems in the spacial layout.

Temperature Control
        The temperature really chills nicely and all our foods is cold and fresh for consumption.

Scrubs down super well and shines up with ease, we love it.

Very durable, our toddler sometimes will throw the baseball around in the garage and has clocked a few strikes directly into the doors and everything is the same as before. Very strong.

It has a very world class look to it, excellent.