Other Clothes Dryers:

GE 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

I love my GE Dyer

This is one of the best dryers I have ever had.  In fact this is my fourth dryer and I would not trade it for anything.  I love the different choices of how I can dry the clothes and how I can choose how dry they are.  I have not a problem with shrinkage or overly wrinkled clothes unless they are left in the dryer which is not the machines fault.  Overall I highly recommend this dryer and would buy it again in a heart beat.

Good dryer!

We bought this dryer several years ago when we first moved into our house and it is still going strong. It gets used A LOT, and so far we have had no issues with it, other than it started to get a funky smell. We cleaned out the inside of the lint trap and all through the back of the dryer and the smell is gone. I think it was just from the lint build up sitting in there getting yucky smelling. I love that is has so many settings, although for the most part I just use the low setting. You can have it set to sense dry or timed dry. More dry, less dry. And a whole variety of fabric settings, including a sanitize setting. The sanitize setting is nice for sheets after illness has gone through the house, or for towels. I do notice that the sensor doesn't work quite as well on towels as other regular items for some reason, or if lint is starting to build up on the inside of the dryer itself. They will be just slightly damp even on high temperature and set to the highest (most) dry setting. I do wish that it was a little easier to get a brush or something done under the lint trap as I notice lint builds up, but my lint snake thing just doesn't quite do the job in there. This dryer can really hold a lot, it's great for drying comforters as well. I do recommend getting the little drawer stand thing, that the dryer itself can sit on to make it sit higher up off the ground, more at arms length level. It will definitely save your back! I would probably buy this dryer again, as it has been 4 years and still going strong. Well worth the money spent.

great load capacity, really can hold a lot if needed

dries well with the exception of occasionally the sensor doesn't fully pick up towels being completely dry

easy to use and program

works great and holds up well

nice design, my only complaint is that lint gets trapped under the lint trap and is hard to get down in there to knock it loose

very cheap with this features

from Jordan

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet

Cons

Comments about GE 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

It's a very good contains many and varied and has a high, easy to use and load specifications and advantages of the best buys everyone

This dryer is one of the best that I have ever had! It even dries bulky loads evenly with no wrinkles! The lint filter is large, sturdy, and easy to remove and replace. The control panel appears very clear and easy to use

I throw my clothes in, set controls, relax and get my wrinkle-free laundry!! Every time!! I'd also like to point out that the instruction manual that came with it is very thorough and helpful.

I purchased the Samsung Electric Dryer at the same time I purchased the Samsung Washer so that they would match and I really enjoy the combination set
      ><>< it's great

wonderful

from Edina, MN

Comments about GE 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

The General Electric Electric Dryer is a wonderful appliance for your laundry room. This is a fabulous dryer. It is really soft on the clothing and materials so its safe for delicates and baby clothes as well as for normal, everyday items that are more resistant. It has settings for all types of drying you will need and is very detailed so you have plenty of options to choose from. It does a great job of drying the clothing evenly and in a good amount of time. General Electric has a great line of appliances and this is one of them. I am very satisfied with this dryer.

Load Capacity
      Great load capacity. You can easily fit a large blanket in here.

Excellent performance and no maintenance needed so far.

Simple to use, even though you have several options they are easy to choose from.

General Electric always has good durability so I expect no less of this one.

The design is sleek and modern and unique.

GE never fails

from Pennsylvania

Comments about GE 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

GE has always been a strong brand in my families eyes. It is reliable and trustworthy and this dryer is no different. I bought this dryer in my new apartment recently with the kids and it is fabulous. Looks wise, it looks great and does not take up a lot of space in the apartment. It fits in the corner and does not make a lot of noise, nor does it bounce around or make any obnoxious sounds/movements when I put a heavy load in. My clothes do not shrink because the heat is not too powerful, something that is a trademark to GE. I love that it drys my clothes enough but not enough to do damage or shrink them. It has multiple heat settings so you can change it up for every load. It fits an extra large load in, or even a load and a half. The lint trap is easy to clean and less likely to start a fire compared to my previous dryer. It seems incredibly durable, though I just bought it, but it comes with a guarantee to last as well.

• Load Capacity:

This dryer is nothing special

Comments about GE 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I purchased this dryer because I was interested in the steam drying function and steam de-wrinkle. I have used both settings and the clothes never fully dries when using these settings. Its fine as a regular drying, but there is not added benefit to the steam feature. I do like the speed dry feature on this machine and that works relatively well with clothes, but not with bedding or larger items. I would recommend this machine for someone that just wants a standard dryer, but I expected more from the reviews I read.

• Load Capacity:

Best dryer I have ever owned!

Comments about GE 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have owned many dryers in my lifetime but this is by far the best one I have ever used!

Load Capacity
      You do not want to over or under load this dryer. It is dampness and weight sensitive so be sure to load it properly so that it does not turn itself off.

I have owned both electric and gas dryers but this is by far my favorite dryer! It dries clothes in the least amount of time. It dries heavy towels, coats, jeans, and blankets with no issues or frustrations!

This dryer is a no brainer, totally user friendly!

I have had this dryer for over 3 years and have not had to replace or repair any parts and it still dries as efficiently as day one!

My only complaint would be the height and width of this unit. I have moved it to three different residences and it only fit really well at one of my homes. It takes up a lot of room and also sticks out quite far. It is very tall also so be sure to measure ahead of time!

• Load Capacity:

The fastest, best dryer I've ever had.

Comments about GE 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This dryer has cut our family's laundry time in less than half. We can have a full load of clothing dried in about thirty minutes, it's very efficient with no downsides that we've experienced! I love it, it makes me ENJOY doing laundry now.

Load Capacity
      The dryer holds all that my family and I have needed, I wouldn't need more space. We do clothes daily for three people, but could do much more. Probably not best if you have six or more people to dry clothes for.

Very easy to get used to the buttons and controls.

Very well made. My dad and Fiance unloaded this dryer from the back of a truck when we got it, and had to carry it up two sets of stairs to get it to our laundry room. It went through some rough handling, but did very well. It's also not overly heavy for a machine of this size.

I love how the door is up higher, easier to get to than my last dryer. I would recommend this dryer for people who have a hard time bending down. I also love having a see-through door, so I can look in and check on my clothes.

• Load Capacity:

I am quite happy with this dryer

Comments about GE 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have been through several dryers and this has been my absolute favorite. Although the control panel is easily child accessible there is a child lock which makes it convenient. The dryer can fit a lot of clothes at one time and drys very well. It is also very simple to use.I love the amount of options it offers you for drying. One of my favorites is the antibacterial setting. The clothes come out piping hot (after I had a sewage backup that saturated some laundry on the floor this setting gave me peace of mind!) My favorite feature of this dryer is that the lint remover is right up front and so easy to access. My previous machines would have it in the back. This was annoying because when I would pull it out lint would fall in and build up in a difficult to access area (which of course can be a fire hazard). So the fact that I can remove the lint so easily is a big plus because it makes it more safe. I would definitely recommend this unit.

Great product

Comments about GE 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have had this dryer for a few months now and love it ! My clothes are well dried in just half an hour ! It has a lot if options to have your clothes dried , refreshed or dewrinkled. It is energy efficient dryer . My electric bill hasn't had gone up and I use it at least twice a week . It is a good looking dryer and not heavy at all . It was pretty easy getting it on the first floor .

Good dryer!

from VA

great load capacity, really can hold a lot if needed

easy to use and program

works great and holds up well

I love my new GE dryer!

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about GE 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

My husband works for General Electric so we actually got a great deal on this GE dryer. I can't say enough about how much I love this dryer. It works great for my large family of five and holds a lot more clothes than my old dryer. It has so many settings that I haven't even had a chance to learn them all yet. There is even a setting for dewrinkling your clothes (which I use a lot because I HATE ironing) and also another setting that you can customize. The dewrinkle feature works great and only takes fifteen minutes to get the wrinkles out of just about any type of clothing. This dryer dries clothes super fast and has a feature on it that sets off a little "ding" when your clothes are finished. Even though the dryer works super fast, it doesn't get your clothes extremely hot, which is something that I love about it. The only thing that I do not like about this dryer is that cleaning out the lint trap is really difficult. A lot of the lint gets trapped inside when you pull it out and it is almost impossible to get it out. Other than that, I love it and I wouldn't have any other dryer but this one:)