View more crock pots slow cookers

Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
GE
GE 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker

GE 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker

The GE 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker is FANTASTIC

I enjoy cooking at home and knowing that I can rely on my appliances is very important. We had a traditional slow cooker before this one with the dial (low, high, warm), last Christmas I received this wonderful cooker. First of all, the crock is not a heavy stone crock, but a non-stick light weight metal liner that is very easy to remove and clean. The exterior of the unit is cool to the touch and has a retractable cord that nests into the unit itself. The lid can be locked into the crock with two latches for easy of transporting the contents to parties and such. The temperature can be set to low, high or warm. The controls are digital and include a timer so that after the desired amount of cook time, the unit will then switch to warm. Another neat feature is that it offers several preset timer/haet settings for recipes included in the owner's manual.

The unit is very easy to use, and easy to clean, it has very even heat (a problem with many other slow cookers) and has proven itself to be a very reliable appliance.

can't cook but for 3 hrs then shuts off

Okay folks sorry if this seems kinda harsh. I received my GE slow cooker for Christmas this past year and I am so not satisfied. I had a Rival Crock pot for years but it killed over on me so hubby bought me the GE. Well, I tried to cook a roast in it but found out that for some reason the timer shuts off after around 3 hrs. My Rival used to cook all night on slow but with this one Nope. I do not know how much was paid for it but I will never buy this brand again as far as cooking roasts or anything that needs to be cooked for long periods of time. I do not recommend this product to anyone. I will spend extra money on the Rival next time. I hope this helps someone as for me, it is a thumbs down. Usually GE is really good but not this time. Don't waste your money on this one unless you are just going to cook something that is precooked but watch the timer or it will shut off on you and you will never know it.

HELP ME PLEASE.....I need a new one!!

from Greenfield, MA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy to Operate
  • Variety of Uses

• Meats
    • one pot meats,freezer meals,chili,soups & stews
    • Veggies

OMG... HELP
    I am in desperate need of a new slow cooker.. this is the best slow cooker i have ever used and it just quit on me after 10 years.. i have a chili cook off in the spring and i dont even want to think about not having my slow cooker. PLEASE.. where do I find a new one of the same make and model?? Please help!!!

GE cooker does not get hot enougj

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Variety of Uses

Cons

• Doen't Heat Up
    • Inconsistent Results
    • Slow

• Veggies

Comments about GE 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker:

My GE digital slow cooker does not get hot enough to cook roast and potatoes. Even 6-7 hours on high will not get 3 pound roast with potatoes and carrots done. Just doesn't get hot enough. Even with half full of liquid potatoes dry out and get hard on outside. Bad choice for large size cooker.

My favorite slow cooker!

from Reading, PA

Comments about GE 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker:

I have owned three slow cookers since being married and this one is hands down my absolute favorite of them all! If anything ever happens to this slow cooker that I currently own, I will no doubt purchase the exact same one!

I like to use my slow cooker often for meals - it's such a time saver for me! With the other two slow cookers that I've used (both different brands), I always had issues with uneven cooking, drying out my food, etc. I can honestly say that this slow cooker has worked PERFECTLY for me and I have never had any meals fail me when cooking with it!

This slow cooker cooks the food evenly, meaning that the middle is just as cooked as the outer edges and I'm not stuck with a burnt edges meal and an uncooked middle. The cooking time is very accurate - I've never really had any issues of my meal being cooked too quickly and drying out.

The design of this slow cooker is awesome! I love the snap on lid (seals nice and tight). I love the digital front - it's simple and easy to set - not too confusing! And a silly other plus with this slow cooker, I LOVE the retractable plug-in cord! It's perfect for when it's not in use or being stored; I don't have to work with a long cord just lying around!

The slow cooker is very simple to clean! It's easy to remove the inside pot and wash and then simply wipe down the outside, if need be!

Overall, I would highly recommend this GE Slow Cooker! I have been very pleased with mine and I know you will too!

• Cooking Performance:

Great for the everyday slow cooker user.

Comments about GE 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker:

This GE Slow Cooker is by far the best slow cooker I have ever used. The size and shape make it convenient to cook small or large meals. I love how this slow cooker is so big that I can double or sometimes even triple a recipe!

Time to Heat
    If the slow cooker heated just a tad bit faster, that would be great.

Cooking Performance

This GE slow cooker is very easy to clean! The pot is removable from the base.

Very easy to use. Hit the power button, hit the temperature setting, scroll to the number of hours you wish to cook, then done.

Love the cord that winds up under the bottom after use for easy storage. The sturdy handles on the side of the slow cooker base and the locking lid allow for easy transport to church functions, potlucks, and family reunions.

• Cooking Performance:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about GE 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker:

I was given this crockpot for Christmas 2011 to replace an old crockpot (different brand) that had burned wires. Three features I really love
    1) The crockpot will atomatically switch to the 'warm' function when the cook time is complete and the display shows how long it has been on 'warm'.
    2) The lid locks in place, making it easy to transpot.
    3) The non-stick insert makes cleaning a breeze. I've never had food stick to the pot.

I mostly make soups in my crockpot and have loved the results.

Was made for me

Comments about GE 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker:

I've used slow cookers for over 25 yrs and this one is the best I've ever owned.

Extremely easy to clean.

Simple controls.

Only thing this cooker is missiing in my opinion is a timer to delay the cooking start time. Since I make and transport my food a lot the light weight design is great for me.

Love my slow cooker!

from Altmar, NY

Comments about GE 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker:

I have been a long time user of slow cookers.  I don't use it weekly but I at least make 3  meals a month using one.  I have this gorgeous purple crock one (that incidently my mother has been trying to get off me for years lol since its her favorite color) that I just love.  Not only is attractive to look at, it is very simple to navigate.  My particular one is 5 quarts and has 3 settings on a turn knob.  The settings are "keep warm", "low" and "High", simple.  I've had it for several years and have no plans on replacing it any time soon since it works as well today as it did the day I got it as a gift.   I personally never trust any machine so much that I will leave it unattended either overnight or while I'm out of the house, although I know many people do this.  I never make spagetti sauce in anything but my crockpot and it turns out wonderfully every time.  Cleanup in these things are sooo easy!  No matter what it is, or how long it was cooked I can clean this right out with slim to none elbow grease.

I love my GE slow cooker

from Hazleton, PA

Comments about GE 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker:

I have the GE 6 1/2 quart Model 169084 slow cooker and I wouldn't part with it for anything in this world (except maybe a personal chef!).  I have had this particular slow cooker for about five or ix years and use it several times a week and have never had one minute's problem with it.  It came with two pans, one metal for doing roasts, etc. and the regular crock for soups and stews.  The pan is bag enough to do a large roast for six to eight people and they come out beautifully.  I do find if I put a small two and a half to three pound roast in for just my husband and myself byt the time we're ready to eat dinner about 6:30, they tend to be cooked more than we like.  My fix for this is to put a small roast in still frozen and cook on low heat all day and they come out perfect.  There is nothing like coming home from work on a cold winters day to a pot of soup or stew simmering, pulling out the breadmaker to do a crusty loaf of bread to go with it (another item I wouldn't give up)...life is grand!

I would give my GE 4 QT Stainless Steel Slow Cooker 10 stars!

from Lancaster, SC

Comments about GE 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker:

My very first slow cooker was a Rival CrockPot, which I received as a wedding gift in 1979.  It lasted 22 years before it finally bit the dust.  I replaced it with another Rival, then a Hamilton Beach and after that a West Bend.  They were all horrific!  Each and every one of them boiled the liquid out of whatever I was cooking.  I finally decided a "crock" pot was not for me so I started researching other slow cookers.  The GE Stainless slow cooker sounded like the answer to my slow cooking prayers, and it certainly was.  The programmable time and temperature aspects are excellent.  In the time I have used this appliance (almost a year now), nothing has been heated to the boiling pot.  I recommend this appliance to everyone I know.

Great slow cooker for easy meals

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about GE 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker:

I was never really taken to slow cooked recipes, but in the last year I decided to try some out since they are relatively more convenient than other methods and I can make large quantities with it. The model that I purchased was the 5 quart size that has an LED display and is very simple to use. It comes with three settings: low, medium, and high, and it looks pretty sleek in the kitchen with its modern design. The pot itself is comprised of teflon and is removable, allowing for easy cleaning, and the entire crockpot itself is very lightweight, making it easy to transport if you need to bring it with you somewhere. The price is also pretty reasonable, so you do not have to worry about breaking the bank. I have been quite satisfied with this product, even though sometimes the food I prepare does not come out so well, but that is a knock against me - not the crockpot itself. I still love using it though because I can make big batches and not have to worry about cooking every day.