Other Clothes Dryers:

GE 6.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer

Pros

Cons

A Basic Dryer That Works

This is a basic dryer that does the job it was designed to do. When we first got it and started using it, I used one of the preset drying options. After about a year, I realized that this option took about 1 hour and 30 minutes to dry one load of laundry, which was way more than was needed. It also used a lot of energy on this setting. It have since switched to using the timed dry option and setting it for 50-60 minutes.

Load Capacity
The dryer will hold a decent amount of laundry, however, if it gets too full it will not dry everything fully within a reasonable amount of time.

It has been working well for more than a year and a half without any problems. One of the knobs is a little wobbly, but it's usually not a problem.

Knobs are easy to understand and use.

It is still holding up and we haven't had any issues. We had to level it so that the door would stay open and not swing closed when I was trying to load it. My husband didn't have any difficulties reaching the legs to adjust it.

It's a basic design that works. I'm not a big fan of the type of lint trap used, but that's just me.

GE dryer = slow drying time

I have owned this dryer for a couple of years. This dryer with get your clothes washed but it seems to take a really long time on somethings. If I am drying a load of blue jeans it seems to take well over and hours to get them dry and even then sometimes I have to run them through again just to get them completely dry. On like drying shirts and things it seems to go faster but it still goes a lot slower then my old dryer. It gets the job done. I just wish it did not take as long. It is a basic dryer with no extra bells and whistles. It is a pretty good price and so far has not broken down on me. Lets hope it keeps working for years to come.

Gets the job done

Comments about GE 6.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

This is a fairly basic dryer, and it works well. I mean, most people don't need something with a ton of features. This does have a few like air fluff that doesn't use heat, and different settings for delicate clothes. There are 4 different heat settings. I typically use a lower setting that actually dries clothes pretty quickly. The warmer settings do it even faster of course. For such a budget friendly model, it dries clothes exceptionally well. No need to break the bank on some model that promises more, as this one does everything you need just fine. It also gets out plenty of lint. I've even found that if a tissue is accidentally left in during wash, all those annoying little pieces get whisked away pretty well too so you don't have to pick as many away. It also isn't too loud either.

Load Capacity
I've fit quite a bit into it.

Very easy, only a few dials.

Nothing special, just a basic square white dryer.

GE DRYER

Comments about GE 6.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

I am a mother of two boys and a husband that works in landscaping, so I do alot of clothes. I need a dryer that dries my clothes good and fast. This dryer does just that. On certain settings it takes a while to dry clothes, but not on all of them. My light bill didn't change when I started using this dryer, so it doesn't burn energy.

Load Capacity
It could hold more, but I'm happy with what I can fit in each load.

great choice

Comments about GE 6.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

Very fast and efficient. Could not have been happier with our choicevwhen purchasing a New dryer.

Load Capacity
Holds all the laundry from super size washer.

Clothes dry very quick

Could not be any simpler

Have never had a single issue

Simplicity at its best for all needs.

Love this dryer!!

Comments about GE 6.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

I Love this dryer, its an energy saver so it help with my electric bill and it gets my clothes done in 20 minutes! I can get dry clothes faster than I can wash them! I just put the dial on energy saver and push the button. It also does really good for getting the wrinkles out of hard to iron out fabrics, you just throw it in there and turn the dial to 10 minutes and its done in a couple of seconds. Love this dryer and it was cheap also. It is very affordable for familys that need cheap but good products that save on electricity! At this day and age everyone needs a dryer like this, that is green and gets the job done, just throw it in there, and Mom's, don't think about it till its finished. This dryer also has a beautiful white finish that matches my interior perfectly! I am so happy with this dryer you have made a busy on the go Mom's life so much easier and affordable! Thank you GE!

A Basic Dryer That Works

Load Capacity

Knobs are easy to understand and use.

GE Dryer

Comments about GE 6.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

I have this dryer at home! its awesome! doesn't run our bill up. not sure on the long lasting of it, because we currently rent, and im not sure when it was bought, but I dry a load of clothes a day! so its been holding up for almost a year, which is bout how long we have been here.

Load Capacity
takes a full load of clothes! even dry our biggest blankets

• Load Capacity:

Great for someone who just wants the basics

Comments about GE 6.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

This is a great basic dryer. It has a large capacity and can fit several pair of jeans and some towels all in one load. It is great for the price you'll pay for it and it's easy to use. The only problems I've seen with it so far are that the dryer knob broke off once and we had to have a repairman out to fix it. Also the lint compartment is somewhat hard to clean. It feels like there's always some lint trapped that I can't quite reach to pull out.

GE dryer = slow drying time

from Greenville, SC

GE Dryer

from Columbus, OH

Comments about GE 6.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

It was a replacement from another GE brand and it works great,

Load Capacity
I can select the size load I want.

Dries my clothes in the amount of time I expect it to.

No extra buttons I don't need.

It takes about 6 loads of clothes a week and I mean large loads and continues to be the same every load.

Nothing fancy, Suits my family needs

Well worth it

from Elizabeth, NJ

Comments about GE 6.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

I love my dryer. The only problem i have encountered is that the dust filter isnt holding the stuff in and it clogs my exhaust on the dryer, which sometimes triples my drying time. But otherwise its a good investment. Maybe just inccorect instalation.