Other Kitchen Ranges:
Electric Ranges, Freestanding Ranges
GE
JB705STSS
GE 30" Freestanding Smoothtop Electric Range

Summary

The JB705 GE 30 Free-Standing Electric Range with Warming Drawer features the PreciseAir convection system and self-clean with Steam Clean options Super-large oven capacity - Provides an impressively large oven interior for cooking multiple dishes ba...

GE 30" Freestanding Smoothtop Electric Range

Pros

Cons

Love it!

from Rome,GA

Comments about GE 30" Freestanding Smoothtop Electric Range:

We bought this range mostly because of the smooth top. We purchased it in hopes it would be easier to clean than the normal range we had before with individual burners. I must say it was everything we expected and more. I knew I spent a lot of time keeping our range top clean but until I got this new range I never really knew exactly how much time I wasted cleaning it. This smooth top range has made cleaning a breeze without nearly the lost crumbs and drips to be cleaned from underneath the range eyes. The range also performs very well and seems to be highly accurate as far as temperature setting go. I actually believe this range may even preheat a little faster than my old one. The stainless steel outsides are also much easier to care for than the painted surface of any of my previous ranges I have ever owned. I would highly recommend this range to anyone seeking to purchase a new range for their family and home.

• Heat Distribution:

The best stove I have ever owned!

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about GE 30" Freestanding Smoothtop Electric Range:

When my old stove died I decided to get a stovetop that did not have the raised burners that are such a pain to clean. I looked at many models and finally decided upon the GE 30 Freestanding Smooth Top Electric Range JB705STSS model. I absolutely love how flat and sleek this appliance looks. It fits better in the kitchen and it has helped my kitchen look more modern. This electric range cooks food to perfection. The temperatures are reliable and it is super easy to clean. The only thing I do not like about it is that you have to really go over it a few times with a sponge to get the top to look clean. However it is still easier to clean compared to the old-fashioned raised burners.

Temperature Control
The temperature controls are easy to use and very accurate.

Heat Distribution
My food cooks evenly I have no complaints about heat distribution.

So far I have not had issues with this electric range.

I love how smooth and elegant the lines are it makes it look very modern.

It is very simple to clean.

• Heat Distribution:

Nice looking Range for the price

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about GE 30" Freestanding Smoothtop Electric Range:

This free standing electric range is a beauty at an affordable price. The stainless steel accented with the black cook top is really beautiful. We purchased this unit three months ago. It has been a wonderful range. The oven bakes evenly at all temperatures and has been super easy to clean. The range ceramic top is beautiful, but can be a chore to maintain. It takes several minutes of wiping away grime and grease. Then once it is wiped off it has to be cleaned with another cleaner to get a streak free look. I always feel like the range top looks dirty if I don't take the time to do it right. On a positive note, the range cooks evenly. I recently made a roux that browned to perfections. Temperture settings for the range above a four seem to get hot very fast. This makes for a great way to boil water quickly. This range is suitable for my needs. I bake and cook every day, multiple times a day and have had much success with this range.

Great

from Edina, MN

Comments about GE 30" Freestanding Smoothtop Electric Range:

The GE 30" Freestanding Smoothtop Electric Range is a great addition to your kitchen. My mother-in-law has this stove and I use it often when I am over at her place. It is very simple to use and heats up quickly. I love that it is smoothtop as this makes the cleanup EXTRA easy and quick. The downside is that is takes a little longer to cool down than gas stoves do. I like the various heat options as they range from very low to quite high and give you the opportunity to have the variety in cooking any dishes you like. The oven also works great and heats up quickly. I have made several dishes in the oven including chicken and various desserts and they always come out great.

Great variety.

It is very even.

It has lasted long, so far.

Design is simple and just what you need.

Super easy to clean. This is one of the best traits. It just does not compare to others that are not smoothtop.

Love it!

Comments about GE 30" Freestanding Smoothtop Electric Range:

I love this oven, it's great for every type of cooking, the range top and the oven heat up so quickly so you're not just sitting there waiting forever to begin cooking.

Temperature Control
Wonderful temperature control, the it stays at a nice even temperature, all throughout the cooking time.

Heat Distribution
Whenever you use this oven, you know that your food is going to be evenly heated all the way through there are never cold spots in your food it's always nice and even.

Very durable, this oven is used every single day multiple times a day and it stands up to it all, I've never had any trouble with this oven at all.

Wonderful design, I love the flat top ranges they have much better heat distribution than other stoves I've used in the past, the look of it is great it looks nice and professional it's very simple and easy to use.

This range is very easy to clean, inside and out, you just wipe off the top with some simple cleaner and the inside of the oven has almost effortless cleaning as well with regular cleanings, the racks easily pull out so you can get to the inside of the oven easier, and clean the racks as well.

Awesome Stove And Oven

from Portland, TX

Comments about GE 30" Freestanding Smoothtop Electric Range:

Overall, this stove and oven is the best I have ever used. It came with my home and I would not have chosen another one if I could have. The modern and sleek design adds to the sophisticated function of the appliance. The stove-top is fairly easy to clean, as there are no grills on the burners. There are just circles to show where the burners are. The benefit of this is that to clean it, you simply wipe it off. You do not have to remove the grill and other things which are typically on the average stove-top. Mine came with a scrub sponge and a small bottle of cleaning solution for the particular type of stove-top. I have not used much of the bottle because it is easy to keep clean with just water and a rag. It does not scratch easily at all and the oven is easy to clean, too. It has two racks which are easy to remove and the bottom and sides of the oven do not leave food and grease stuck on. The wipe off very easily and there is even a cleaning button the oven if you wish for it to self clean. This oven looks high maintenance but it is super low-maintenance. It's a win-win in my book!