Other Kitchen Ranges:
Freestanding Ranges, Gas Ranges
GE
jgb281serss
GE 30" Freestanding Gas Range

Summary

GE JGB281SERSS 30" Freestanding Gas Range with 4 Sealed Burners, 5.0 cu. ft. Self-Clean Oven, Continuous Grates, PowerBoil 15,000 BTU Burner, Precise Simmer Burner, TrueTemp Oven System and Storage Drawer: Stainless Steel

GE 30" Freestanding Gas Range

This is a very good oven overall, with some minor flaws

Comments about GE 30" Freestanding Gas Range:

We bought our first home, and the stove it came with was broken, so immediately I was excited to shop for my first new gas range. This GE has been great, we've had it for almost 2 years now, with only minor problems. It looks good, cooks well, and cleans up fairly easily. It's also very easy to use.

Temperature Control
It's very easy to use and cooks things very consistently. The burners are great, there are 4 different sizes, and I especially love the power boil setting on the largest burner for when I am boiling a big pot of water.

Heat Distribution
I have to be careful about putting things on the bottom racks of the oven where the flames are, because they can get burned. Otherwise, things cook evenly, and I don't have any problems.

So far there are no scratches on the stainless steel, but the burner covers get stained easily if something spills on them. The self cleaning feature works really well, and nothing has broken yet on it.

Overall design is nice, it looks very attractive, and is a nice feature in my kitchen. As I said before, no major issues with functionality, and I like the 4 burners and the size of the oven itself.

The self cleaning feature works very well for the oven, and I have no issues with that. I do think that the top surface of the range is very hard to get looking clean. The black surface is very hard to wipe without leaving smudges, and even if I try to carefully use a dry towel to wipe it off, it still always looks a little shiny/smudgy.

• Temperature Control: