Other Microwave Ovens:

GE 1200 Watt Microwave Oven

Good Microwave

from Mertztown, PA

Comments about GE 1200 Watt Microwave Oven:

We bought the GE 2.0cb.ft. Microwave when we built our house and started using it when we moved in in October 2010. This is an appliance we use multiple times a day. It is a quite microwave with a lot of space inside of it, great for the square dishes we have. It is a large unit and I wouldn't recommend it for counter top use, we have in a cabinet so it is up and off of the counter. It matches our double ovens and is attractive for a microwave. The controls are easy to use and I haven't had to show any visitors how to use it as it is pretty self explanatory. The stainless steel finish does pick up fingerprints quickly but they wash of easily with a little warm soapy water. Overall I am very happy with this purchase.

great for microwaves

from Spring, TX

Pros

Cons

Comments about GE 1200 Watt Microwave Oven:

We bought this microwave as part of a kitchen remodel/update. I narrowed down what I was looking for to the GE brand because I have had experience with the GE microwaves in the past and liked their features by far the best.  They have also always been reliable.  Only GE provides microwaves that not only have instant touch buttons for 1-6 minutes, but they also have an "add 30 second" button that can be combined with the former for almost unlimited combinations.  This particular model is very stylish looking.  It is extremely spacious and I can cook with even my largest casserole dish inside.  Yeah!  I have had more problem with punching the buttons than my other one.  The buttons are not as sensitive as the old-fashioned push-buttons (these are smooth surface controls).  It is pretty powerful and heats items quickly.  The stainless finish does spot (like all stainless), and is harder to keep fingerprint free.  Still love the microwave though.

GE PEB2060SMSS Microwave is a good product for a good price.

from Union City, PA

Comments about GE 1200 Watt Microwave Oven:

When our older GE microwave finally quit on us, we wanted to get something to replace it that was comparable quality, but we had a tight budget.  I found this GE microwave at a very reasonable price, and decided to give it a shot, since I have been very satisfied with other GE microwaves I have had in the past (even the one that died on us was over 7 years old).  This particular GE microwave heats food items fairly quickly and evenly.  I never use the preset buttons (like the Popcorn button), because I think they cook foods too long - every time I've tried one of those, the food comes out overcooked.  I also dislike the Defrost setting - it's not like a standard Defrost, where you select how long you want to have the item in there for.  You select a number - i.e. "8" - and it comes up with a Defrost time of about 8 minutes, and so on.  And it beeps loudly every minute or so to remind you to "turn" the item in there, which I find irritating and a little pointless.  I don't always turn items after just one minute, and if I'm in the middle of food preparation, I don't want to hear that constant beeping.  It also beeps repeatedly if you leave something in there - I think after about a minute, it starts beeping and flashed the word "End".  Sometimes this is a good thing, since I'm sure everyone has forgotten things in the microwave before, but it can get annoying as well.  For a small microwave, it actually fits a surprising amount of things inside of it.  It is just big enough for a full-size dinner plate.  All in all, it's a decent microwave for people on a budget, but if you're looking for high performance and capability, you might want to try a different GE model.