2.5

jUNK

from Appleton WI

About Me Casual Cook

Comments about GE 1150 Watt 1.4 Cubic Feet Mircowave Oven:

It is 5 years old and the paint inside is peeling and dropping in the food. It is going to the trash. GE offered me a $25 rebate on a new one. I DON'T THINK SO

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Don't Bbuy it nnless the Fire Dept. is close by.

Comments about GE 1150 Watt 1.4 Cubic Feet Mircowave Oven:

We have had our JES1451 for four months, after having replaced two other GE microwaves within 1 and 1.5 years. This one lasted all of four months. The problem was the oven would come on at any time it felt like it. We had to unplug it when we weren't using it, because we feared that if it came on when we weren't home, it might catch fire and burn the house down. Our other two, the ones with the stainless cabinet, had the following problems. With one the touch pad died, similar to the JES1451. The other one, the inverter (heating element) exploded. We're finished with GE.

• Settings/Features:

mine caught on fire last night.

Comments about GE 1150 Watt 1.4 Cubic Feet Mircowave Oven:

I really loved this microwave for a year...that is until last night i put in an eggroll according to the instructions on the box, walked away, smelled an awful burning smell, and realized my microwave was burning!!!!! Thank goodness i had an extinguisher nearby!!! I got all of the burn marks off of the counter snd wall, and didnt want to make a big fuss, but called GE to tell them and i think its going to be a looooong and hard road to try to reimburse me for another. My house stinks snd is covered in fire extinguisher powder no matter how much i clean. Not a happy camper.:(

Pretty decent

from Arizona City, AZ

Comments about GE 1150 Watt 1.4 Cubic Feet Mircowave Oven:

One good thing I would say about this microwave is that its affordable, decent, does its job and is over the top nice colored. I was very impressed with its quality in cooking and I am thinking of adding it to my work place. It cooks things well and so far, everything has been tasty that I have taken out

The only drawback to it is its short power cord, I noticed that it isn't very long but luckily that works up against my counter space in my kitchen. if you have a lot of space and need the cord to stretch far I recommend another one but if you have it close to an outlet - great deal and nice microwave!

• Settings/Features:

Good microwave for size and price

from Dunn, NC

Comments about GE 1150 Watt 1.4 Cubic Feet Mircowave Oven:

The GE 1.4 Cu. Ft. Capacity Countertop Microwave Oven appears to be a quality product for its size and price. It comes with your basic controls for today's digital microwaves: Sensor cooking controls (automatically adjusts cooking times), Auto and Time Defrost, Turntable (glass recessed), Instant On Controls (for cooking and reheating), and Control lockout to guard against unintentional activation by children. Measurements for this microwave are 21 7/8 in x 12 5/8 in x 17 1/4. It has your typical clock and timer control.

One complaint I would have about this microwave is how short the power cord is. Not everyone has a plug socket that close, so a little longer cord would have been helpful.

The microwave is rated at 1150 watts and has 10 power levels. There's also an electronic scrolling digital display. If you are looking for a simple microwave with your basic features this GE model seems to be the right fit.

GE microwave JES1451 is a solid appliance

from Portland, OR

Comments about GE 1150 Watt 1.4 Cubic Feet Mircowave Oven:

(Oops: Someone - not me - misspelled the word "microwave" in this product's name. Unfortunately, that means some people might not find this microwave's reviews, and they'll be missing out on a good quality option.)

I got this microwave after my last GE microwave stopped working, after a decade of reliable service. Because I was so happy with my last microwave, I ignored all other brands and focused on GE's offerings.

This microwave manages to outperform my last microwave in several ways: more power in the same compact size, more logical/versatile controls, and a sleeker look.

In particular, GE has really refined what I had already thought was a very well-designed set of controls. In this newer model, I can now set the countdown timer *and* separately heat something up. (In my old microwave, I could do one or the other, but not both at the same time.)

The reheat sensor is fantastic - my old microwave didn't have that feature at all. I love being able to put any sort of leftovers in this microwave, straight from the fridge, hit the "reheat" button, then walk away and wait for the beep to tell me it's ready. (I do have a plastic plate cover, sold separately, designed specifically to keep splatters from dirtying up the interior.)

I guess the only reasonable "con" is the one another reviewer mentioned: the power cord is fairly short, which limits where you can put this microwave. But I figure it can't be too long for safety reasons, and most modern kitchens are wired with sufficient outlets that it won't be a problem for most people.

I'm sure it's missing some of the bells and whistles that more expensive microwaves might have, and for larger families it might not be big enough. But for me and my wife, it's great!