Other Microwave Ovens:

GE 1100 Watt Microwave Oven

GE Microwave Oven is Your Average Microwave

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about GE 1100 Watt Microwave Oven:

We purchased this microwave oven after our old GE one died and have been pretty pleased with it's performance. It has the basic featuers that most microwaves have and seems to cook pretty well. I would not say that there is anything too exciting about it, but we have not had any problems either. It was tricky to install and we ended up having to pay someone to come and install it above our oven, but once that was taken care of we really haven't had any problems. Unlike a lot of microwaves, it seems to be pretty consistent with the way it cooks and the time it takes to prepare items. The removeable turntable is nice becuase it makes things a lot easier to clean. Overall, it's just average, but a good microwave for the money.

• Settings/Features:

Just what we needed for hard use

from Groton, CT

Comments about GE 1100 Watt Microwave Oven:

We are a large family and we put a microwave through its paces.  We needed something big, that could rotate a platter of food, but also would fit in our bakers rack (just barely).

There were many features we were looking for this time, and compared ratings before we purchased it.  I needed it large for a platter, but also have the ability to turn off the rotating plate for defrosting large trays of meat from the freezer (like frozen chicken breast.).  We use it for heating large bowls for family oatmeal (which needs 50% power), defrosting meat, melting butter, and heating up lots of leftovers.  It doesn't have the special features available these days for defrosting better or cooking with other methods, but we can certainly do without those.

It has been easy to clean, as the glass plate and rotating parts come out easily.  It is loud especially when cycling on and off.  It has a timer function that works while also cooking, and you can even use the speed minutes without it adding to the timer like some others.  If you try the 30 sec button, it will add 30s to the timer instead of cooking something for 30s.

• Settings/Features:

GE 1100 Watt Microwave Oven good brand didnt last long

from Kissimmee, FL

Comments about GE 1100 Watt Microwave Oven:

I got the GE 1100 Watt Microwave Oven among all brands just because I have always had good experiences with the brand GE. But at this time, I cannot hold Ge int he same high place on my list. The microwave (which, by the way was not so cheap, I could have bought vheaper ones, nice brands too) worke well for the first 6 months, normally, no big deal. It was fast, easy to clean, reliable. But it start not heating foods well, and although I also had good experiences with GE warrantry system before with other products, it was a lot of bureaucracy, I had to wait long because they wanted me to take it to a store that is located 20 miles form my house, so they ended up sending someone (which was good) but I was told the microwave was working normally, and it might just have been the type of food (?) I was "trying" to heat. Well, it did work well for a few days and since then it does not heat again, nothing. I called them and I am now waiting because \again I wont take it to any 50 miles distance place.....

This GE microwave is easy to use and works well

from Goshen, IN

Pros

Cons

Comments about GE 1100 Watt Microwave Oven:

We got this a while ago and have been pleased with it's performance. It looks nice and doesn't take up an over abundance of room on the counter. It is has a turntable inside for even cooking. We haven't noticed any problems with food heating evenly. It is plenty powerful and gets food done in the amount of time listed on the packages. It is bigger inside than it looks like it would be. We can fit a 9 x 13 pan in, but you can't use the turntable with it - you'll have to stop the oven and rotate it yourself - but it fits! The outside of the oven is nice and white and sleek and clean looking. It wipes down easily both inside and out. It has plenty of functions on the keypad and is easy to understand and use. I hate it when you can't figure out how to work a microwave, it makes you feel so stupid - you won't have that problem with this one, it's pretty straightforward. This microwave seems durable and we expect it to last a long time. I think that it is a good buy for a decent amount of money.

ge jeb1860dmww microwave is easy and durable

from Clearwater, FL

Comments about GE 1100 Watt Microwave Oven:

our ge jeb1860dmww microwave has lasted us a long time and a lot of heatings so far.  it's always been a reliable microwave, and beleive me we use it often.  it is very simple to use, although some of this microwave's functions are a mystery to me, though mostly because i have never had a reason to try to use them.  the ge jeb1860dmww microwave is nice and light, which makes it easy to move around if necessary.  there is a 30 second button that just adds time in 30 second incriments.  this is my favorite aspect and a highly convenient function of the ge jeb1860dmww microwave.  this is the button i use 95% of the time.  it's so simple and instantaneous, and perfect for me because most of the time we are heating up individual servings of leftover and therefore only need about 2 minutes at a time (at the most) and so we just press the 30 second button 3 or 4 times and we're off doing the next thing.  just take the turntable out and wash it with the dishes

I absolutely love this microwave.

from Ypsilanti, MI

Comments about GE 1100 Watt Microwave Oven:

This is actually my first new microwave ever (I've been using my parents old one until it started it's slow decline into death) and I'm very impressed with it and all the things it can do. I really appreciate the size of it I can put pretty much any dish I want in there and be able to cook with it and I love having a turntable (even though from all that I've seen while searching for a new one I was going to end up with a turntable no matter what). Though what I appreciate the most about this is the fact that I can have a timer going for one thing and still be able to cook with the microwave (that was always a problem I had when I was cooking with the old microwave, I'd always have to wait for the timer to be done before I could cook anything in the microwave.) I also like the express button cooking and the fact that you can add seconds on if you want it to cook for longer. So all in all, it's a great microwave and was very reasonably priced, I highly recommend it!

Works Good

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about GE 1100 Watt Microwave Oven:

I moved recently to a place without a built-in microwave like I had in my old kitchen. I ran to the store and quickly found a microwave as it's a necessity for me. It was inexpensive and less wattage than what I had before but still works fine. It might take a little longer to cook compared with a higher wattage microwave, but all in all, a decent purchase.