Other Microwave Ovens:

GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave Oven

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

The Spacemaker is a great microwave.

The GE Profile Spacemaker 1800 is a good microwave because it has many different options.  It also has a sensor inside so it never burns the popcorn or anything because it can tell how long something has to cook for if you select that setting.  Every time I cook popcorn I hit the popcorn button and it cooks perfect every time.  I also take advantage of the beverage button and the reheat button often because the timing is so perfect.  The reheat button is very conveinent because you hit it three times and you can select the size of the meal to be a "plate" so every time you want to reheat leftovers it is done right away, perfectly every time.  Overall, the microwave only has positive points.  I cannot think of anything negitive to say about it.  The vent fan comes in handy for cooking on the stove because it can open on command.  I also noticed you can lock the controls so children can't start the microwave.  Good microwave!

Good microwave but the clock drives me crazy

There are several things that I like about the GE Spacemaker XL microwave. The first, is that it is large. I can fit a 9"x13" glass pan in there no problem. Another thing that I like is that it is not on the counter, because I never seem to have enough counter space, so it helps a lot to have it up. I like that for minutes 1 through 6 you can simply press the number and it cooks for that many minutes (convenient and fast). It has a timer and a reheat button, as well as a popcorn and defrost button. The defrost allows you to put the pounds of the item you are trying to defrost. It also has a light under it, which is very nice to have when cooking on the stove under it, and there is a fan. However, I wish that it had a turn table to rotate the food as it cooked. Also, the clock drives me crazy. We set it, then later when we cook something we have to reset the clock. It has not stayed on. We finally gave up. Also, usually when you are cooking you can also have the timer going for something else (which I find convenient) however, every once in a while when we do this, the timer stops working and if you aren't paying attention it can cause problems.

Powerful little microwave

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave Oven:

I was very limited in my choices of microwaves due to space and budget constraints. I was so pleased to get this microwave home. It fits very nicely on my small countertop. This warms food very evenly and is quite easy to clean up, even when you have a food explosion!

Don't let its size fool you. This little microwave is a dynamo. I am able to warm up even my largest bowl with ease. Defrosts nicely too. I melt my chocolate for candies in this microwave with no burning .

Settings/Features
I was very limited in my choice of microwave due to space and budget constraints. I was very pleased when I got this microwave and not only did it fit nicely on my small countertop, it worked very well on evenly heating food as well as an easy microwave to clean.

Even when my chili exploded all over the inside some soap and water and a magic eraser sponge cleaned it all up.

The push button menu is very straight forward. The defrost setting and other prearranged cooking times are a nice touch for convenience.

I have had this microwave for over two years. The heating element is still working well and the door releases without getting stuck. The inside has remained relatively easy to clean. The coating inside is pretty much still intact so cleanup can usually be accomplished with a magic eraser.

My countertop space is literally so limited that I have room for the microwave and a dish drying mat. When I saw the dimensions on this, I was so elated. A great little microwave for my space. The push release door opens easily without getting stuck and I have room for my largest mixing bowls.

Great Cheap Microwave

from Nashville, TN

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave Oven:

This is a microwave that I have used for over one year now, and have nothing but great things to say about it. It was affordable to the budget, nice design and small in size so you don't need a lot of room for it. Even with the smaller size, it is still easy to put almost anything you want in it. Once I began using it, I wondered why I had spent so much money on more expensive models. It provides even, quick heating of foods,

One year and still going good. It is easy to use and provides fast heating.

You can easily remove the inside plate and clean the machine, and I find it is always easy to come clean.

Nothing to using this microwave. There are pre=set times or you can push the buttons to set your own time. There are also three temperature settings.

I have been using this daily for one year now and it works amazingly, just as well as it did the very first time that I used it.

It is white, small and compact, and very cute.

Admiral of Microwaves.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave Oven:

Before I received this microwave, I had a teeny, tiny microwave that would take forever to warm anything up. What a difference this microwave makes! My old microwave would take five to six minutes to make oatmeal, not quick oats, the old fashioned kind. Now my oatmeal is done in about three minutes. It can cook a microwave meal in about for three minutes, where as my old microwave would take six minutes or more in my last microwave. I've had to keep an eye on it when I do warm things up, as it will overheat items, and they would boil over. Not that it's the microwaves fault, I'm just not accustomed to this kind of power. It has different buttons on it to warm up popcorn, pizza, and frozen dinner. I like that I can either cook or defrost something by weight, or how many minutes I put it on.

Extremely powerful, it cooks food extremely fast!

Settings/Features
There are different buttons to cook a variety of foods such as, popcorn, pizza, frozen food, and more. Also, you can either defrost and cook, by either weight or minutes, whichever you prefer as there's a button for each.

It's very large, and very easy to clean. Which I've had to do a few different times already, as I'm not accustomed to this microwave's speed yet. It's very fast.

Easy to use.

This was given to me, as it was my mother's microwave. She had it for about a year, and was moving so she gave it to me. It's large and very durable.

I love the large design. You can put a huge plate of food in it, and have room for more!

Surprisingly Good

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave Oven:

When we purchased our house this was already installed above the stove. I actually had every intention of replacing it since we were replacing the other kitchen appliances. But seven months later I haven't found one I like as much so it's still here. It is stainless so if you don't look really closely you wouldn't notice that it isn't the same brand as our other appliances and it looks just as nice as the brand new ones. I had thought that my old microwave was good but this one performs about 100 times better. It heats the food so quickly that when we first moved in I was constantly overcooking things because I was used to how long my old microwave took. The previous owners didn't leave behind a manual and although I always meant to look for it online I never got around to it. The microwave is so intuitive that I have figured out all the settings and options on my own. My one and only complaint is that one of the times that I put something in for two long the plate cracked. But that was probably my fault!

Great Quality Overhead Microwave Oven

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave Oven:

Really heats items well, provides light beneath for cooking on the stove, easy to clean, & definitely makes saves counter space by being overhead

Heats items quickly & has several button options along with timed selection

Settings/Features
Several great features; just had to get used to the timed option that doesn't, as with other microwaves owned, automatically set when pressing the number buttons (must press Time Cook option 1st, then number of minutes). Still great all around.

Easier to clean with height above the stove.

Wonderful & easy to use

Have only been using it for a few months, yet with the GE Brand, am confident it will last for years

Attractive design, with white color that will match other similarly colored appliances in a kitchen

• Settings/Features:

Efficient and packed with options

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave Oven:

This microwave oven does exactly what it's supposed to and is easy to use. One of the best things about it is that it has a glass turntable that ensure the even heating of food. You never have to stop the microwave halfway through heating to rearrange the item you're cooking. A range of heating options for specific types of foods (for example, popcorn) makes it easier to prepare quick snacks.

Settings/Features
This device comes with a child lock, which is convenient if you have young children. It also has a reminder setting that alerts you if you accidentally leave cooked food sitting inside the microwave. Another useful feature adds thirty seconds to your cooking time.

Like pretty much any other microwave, it's a bit annoying to clean. I find it most effective to remove the turntable and wash it in the dishwasher. Using a damp cloth with a bit of liquid soap on it gets rid of most interior stains.

There are so many features that sometimes it's a little tough to remember how to use each one or what button goes with what.

Simple and Useful

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave Oven:

I had been using this microwave for 7 years before I moved away from the house in which it was attached to. It is very useful, easy to control the time at which you may want to heat it, and adaptable to many different meals. There are settings for which you can heat pizza, frozen meals, vegetables, popcorn and more! I really enjoyed using this microwave because of how easy it was to use! It has a number pad that allows you to enter a specific amour of time in seconds or minutes, and will heat the food for that amount. It is rather efficient and heats all meals very well!

This microwave will be able to heat anything to any specific time, and it definitely gets the job done in terms of heating a meal properly.

Settings/Features
There are many settings and features that make this microwave easy to use.

It is easy to clean this microwave using a wet rag.

It has been working just fine through all the 7 years that I had been using it.

The design is all right, but it's a little plain. I wish it had a more modern, sleek look to it.

• Settings/Features:

Looks great, cooks great!

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave Oven:

We moved into a home eight months ago that already had appliances built in. I was a little apprehensive about the microwave, as we had had a similar one in our previous home. However, it has not given us any problems since we have moved in! It has great performance, it cooks through our food fast and exactly how we want, and it has many great settings and features on it. The default setting is great in that you can type in how many pounds you need defrosted, and it comes up with the perfect amount of time to defrost. It also beeps at you when to turn your food over. It has a rotating wheel inside that is very easy to remove and clean, no small parts or anything it just comes right in and out. I would highly recommend this microwave to anyone in the market.

Good appliance

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave Oven:

This microwave was in the new house I bought. I haven't had any problems with the microwave and would recommend it. The buttons are easy to read and push. The only thing I don't like is the turntable inside the microwave. It can get knocked off balance when cooking or cleaning and it takes a bit to get it on correctly.

Great Microwave

from Adairsville, GA

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave Oven:

When our Whirlpool microwave died after just 9 months and they would not stand behind their product, we purchased a GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Spacemaker Microwave. We've had it a little over 2 years now and have had no trouble at all. It defrosts and heats wonderfully. Cleanup is a snap! From now on, all the appliances we purchase will be the GE brand. We are slowly replacing all our appliances with this brand. Since we've had no issues with this brand, I can't review customer service but hey, if you have an appliance that works well, it doesn't really matter. We are very happy with this purchase.