I inherited my GE 1100 Watt 1.8 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven from a friend when I moved into my first apartment in college. Myself and 4 other people shared the microwave. I love to cook but working full time and going to school full time left little time for me to cook and I often heated leftovers or bought prepackaged frozen meals that could be tossed in the microwave and in 5 minutes I would have a relatively healthy dinner. The microwave was a little under two years old when I received it but it looked new. The microwave stayed with me for 3 years after I received it and worked well throughout the time. The title - you get what you pay for rings true for the following reasons: 1) The microwave didn't heat evenly. I would have scalding hot sections and frozen solid sections of the same plate. I would combat this by taking whatever I was heating out of the microwave every minute or two and stirring everything and sticking it back in and repeating. 2) The microwave was small. I drink a lot of tea and coffee and I have several tall mugs. Depending on the height of the mug it didn't always fit inside. Normal sized mugs will fit though, just not the tall ones. 3) If I had to heat any large containers of food it would take forever to heat up. It wasn't a very powerful microwave even on high. If you have a lot of food to heat in this microwave I recommend separating the food onto different plates or placing it in multiple containers and heating the containers separately. Overall I would recommend the purchase of this microwave. They are inexpensive so I was not expecting something that was top of the line. It was still working when I gave it to my old neighbor when her microwave broke and I purchased a better quality microwave. I liked that it came in white. So many microwaves only come in black and the white went better with the colors in my kitchen. I believe it also comes in black.