Other Microwave Ovens:
GE
JES1139BL
GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven

GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven

Pros

• Attractive (3)
  • Easy to clean (3)

• Leftovers (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid cook (3)
    • Personal (3)

My most recent microwave

My microwave went out on my family and me a few months ago, and considering I know this brand well, we didn't hesitate to look at it first. My old microwave was never even and had to cook things way longer than recommend. This new, sleek black microwave cooks things very differently than our old one, it has a much higher heat bracket than our old one, it's taken some adjustments, but we are getting there! Our food heats up much quicker, and generally very evenly, I do love the adjustments, but on different random settings, our food will sometimes cook too hot in places, not cooking evenly enough. Overall though, for the super fair price and sleek design, we're pretty happy with our purchase. I love the ding when you leave items in too long after the cook time is up as a reminder, it rotates while cooking, has many different settings, and the digital read out clock is clearly displayed. Thanks for making an affordable, and attractive appliance for my kitchen, we use the microwave a lot in my household!

Slowest microwave ever but works.

We have this microwave at work. It is the slowest thing I have ever seen! I thought for sure it was a 600 watt microwave. It takes longer than any microwave I've ever used to cook food. It will cook it, it just takes a while. It is easy to use and has held up well. We use it a lot and on a daily basis. The buttons don't always seem intuitive but you can figure it out and it does do the job. If you are looking for a cheap, very basic microwave, this is the one. It has a turntable which cooks food evenly. One good thing is that it keeps telling you if you forget your food and leave it in there after it's heated (it keeps beeping periodically at you). It has a digital display that's easy to read. It holds a normal size heatable item (it's a descent size - not too small). I guess my biggest complaint is how slow it is but if you can wait, it works just fine. The price of it is very reasonable if you are on a budget. It is as easy to clean as any other microwave is.

My most recent microwave

from Greenville MO

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Install
  • Heats Evenly
  • Powerful
  • Simple Controls
  • Simple Display

Cons

• Noisy

• Defrosting
  • Frozen Food
  • Popcorn
  • Quick Meals

Do not purchase a GE Profile microwave

from Cleveland, Ohio

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy To Clean

Cons

• Lasted less than 2 years for 2 adults only

• Defrosting
  • Popcorn

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

So disappointed and upset that this GE Profile microwave oven lasted less than 2 years.
We have no kids in the house and we do not use everyday. It worked the night before and then it did not work the next next......loud humming sound. The best option after calling
customer service was a $100 rebate to repurchase a new one. Obviously, bad part was used. We have 9 GE appliances between 2 homes and that is the best they did for us!

Best Microwave

from houghton lake mi

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Install
  • Heats Evenly
  • Powerful
  • Simple Controls
  • Simple Display

• Frozen Food
    • Quick Meals

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I love My G.E. Microwave. I have went through a few other's before getting My New G.E.
    This has made me decide I would never go back to another brand, Excellent Quality.

A Wonderful product

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

It is no wonder that GE has been one of the leading brands in Electrical appliances because this wonderful GE microwave oven is all I ever wanted in a microwave oven. It has a very high performance level due to the fact that it delivers the right level of hotness to food. It has nice settings and feature like the popcorn, defrost and a host of other buttons for quick performance. It is easy to use and can be used by practically anybody. All you have to do is to press the required button and allow it to do what you want it to do for you. It is relatively easy to clean as well. Its design is not spectacular as it is designed as every other brands. It has a high level of durability because I have been using mine for a while with no problem whatsoever. I will buy this product over and over again and will not hesitate to recommend it to anyone that seeks my opinion about it.

Quick and convenient

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

This product makes my life easier. It heats up or cooks my food quick and convenient. The settings and features are just too good. I love that the product has a popcorn, defrost, cooking buttons in it. I also love that it has a button to open the door of it instead of a handle to pull it open. I love that it has a clock and a timer. Even if I'm not cooking anything, I can use the timer button to help make my life easier. I love how easy this item is to clean. Not that it even makes a big mess in the first place! All I need to do is take a wash cloth and some anti-bacterial spray and clean it up. That includes the outside of this item as well. I have had this item for many years and it is still very durable. It makes me happy to know I picked a good choice in microwave ovens because this one is simply the best.

My food comes out hot and delicious when I use this item to cook my food. When I want to thaw my food. This item does the job way faster than leaving it out on the counter all day.

Great small microwave

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

Nice little microwave, small and powerful. Perfect for saving counter space in small kitchens.

Really does a great job for it's small size.

Settings/Features
    Great choice of settings, easy to find the right one for thawing, cooking, warming etc.

Turntable comes out for easy cleaning - no little crevices inside to gather dirt.

Fits perfectly in my small kitchen without taking up too much space.

wonderful microwave!

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

This is a great product. I use it every single day multiple times per day and it never fails me! It cooks food very evenly and quickly.

I love how quickly this warms my food and also how evenly it works with the turntable in it. I also love how powerful this microwave is considering how little space it takes up on my counter. I highly recommend it for a small house or apartment.

Settings/Features
    I love all the settings on this microwave! I especially love the potato setting because very rarely do I have to cook the potato longer than it senses it needs to be cooked. I also use the popcorn and beverage settings a lot!

I love the removable turntable. I heat up a glass of lemon water or vinegar for 5 minutes and then wipe the inside down with a sponge and I don't even have to work to get it clean.

I love that if I hit buttons one through six after I close the door it automatically cooks for that many minutes. I also love the "add 30 seconds" button.

I've had this microwave a year and not had any problems with it.

• Settings/Features:

Nice countertop microwave for the price

from Midland, MI

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

This microwave has worked well in our kitchenette area at work. It gets a lot of use every day and has held up well over the last couple years. it is relatively easy to clean, as the rotating glass plate is removable. There are several settings that can heat your food for pre-determined amounts of time, which makes the process much more streamlined.

For a small microwave, it is powerful and requires a lot less heating time than other microwaves of a similar size.

Settings/Features
    Multiple settings make it easy to heat different food types at the push of a single button. It also takes up very little space, which is a bonus in smaller kitchens.

The interior plate is removable and easily washed. The exterior is smooth and shiny and shows fingerprints well, but the fact that it is smooth means smudges and food are easily cleaned off with surface cleaner and a cloth.

The '30 sec' button is an easy way to heat your food in 30 second increments.

• Settings/Features:

Slowest microwave ever but works.

from Dallas, GA

• Settings/Features:

Oven that lasts through every day life, including small fires!

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

We got this microwave as a wedding gift from my husband's parents. It has been almost three years now that we have been using it every single day and we are yet to find any sort of problem with it!

Works as good as new each and every time we have had to use it in our every day lives. We haven't had any maintenance issues which is a plus, that is, one less thing to worry about!!

Settings/Features
    One of the bonuses is having the MyPyramid USDA features on it for those of us who are trying to eat healthy and right! There are also handy time saving shortcuts including the 30 sec nuc button!

We have gone through small fires in the microwave to pretty bad food splutters and we have been able to clean it out to as good as new condition easily and quickly.

I did have to look up how to use some features in the instruction booklet but overall it is pretty straight forward and super easy to use.

We have had this microwave oven for almost three years now and haven't had any issues yet! So it definitely lasts a while especially for one that is being used every single day!

This microwave oven has a very modern look that easily matches with all the other kitchen appliances. This makes it great because that means it doesn't look backdated. It also doesn't take up a lot of space which is great as well, so you can place it anywhere from the countertop to a separate kitchen table nearby.