Other Microwave Ovens:

GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven

Pros

Cons

This GE Countertop Microwave is a steady performer

Microwaves are so convenient for heating-up lunches or snacks – how did we ever live without them? At work I often use a **GE Microwave Model# JES1142WD** to warm up a sandwich, frozen meal, soup, or sometimes even a cup of lukewarm coffee. In my experience it's been a real good machine.

The **GE Microwave Model# JES1142WD** is an 1100 WATT unit that sits on a countertop. Inside there is 1.1 cubic feet of room and a turntable that activates automatically when the oven is started. One possible drawback is that the turntable cannot be shut off. The control panels uses the standard touch-control buttons with 0-9 numbers are a series of special keys, such as Popcorn, Pizza, etc.. which will make it run to a pre-set number of minutes and seconds. I almost always punch-in the time to cook I want though.

There is also a Power Level feature on The **GE Microwave Model# JES1142WD** which allows you adjust the power level in increments of 10. For example, if you want to heat something at less than full blast you can hit the Power Level control and reduce the wattage to say 60% of full strength. This is useful for some frozen meals that need to be cooked longer but not necessarily at 100% of power available.

This countertop microwave is white and has a clean, modern design. The window has a metal-mesh coating on it that looks nice but makes it hard to see inside though. This model is also a bit noisy too. Overall almost everyone at work is real happy with this **GE Microwave Model# JES1142WD**. It's a little workhorse, has a good amount of power, and keeps working despite getting used a lot and not always treated with kid gloves. I would buy one for home use if I needed one!

GE 1100 Watt Microwave oven JES1142SJ misses the center of oven

This beautiful stainless steel 1100 watt microwave was exactly what I was looking for when my previous microwave died of old age.   It fits my limited counter space just right and looks great.  It is roomy enough inside for the Hungryman TV dinners we often make.

I haven't had any problem fitting all kinds of things inside, including my Pasta & More steamer that I reviewed here at Viewpoints.

It has a large glass turntable which keeps the food moving around nicely.  It also has all the features you could want including a kitchen timer which comes in handy when I am not using the microwave.  There are many levels of watts to chose from and defrost feature, etc.

The bad news is the center of the turntable does NOT heat evenly.  I put a frozen Eggplant Parmigiana dinner in the microwave and when the recommended time ended the ouside of the food was cooked but the center was still frozen.

Now I have to remember to place the food along the edge of the turntable and halfway through the cooking time I rotate the dish so the other side is now on the outside edge of the turntable.

Other than that, I really have no complaints and the price was pretty good so I'll just have to remember to rotate my dishes.

Works as it should and that is great

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

The GE microwave Oven is a small microwave that is not fancy or anything but it works fine. I have been using the GE microwave for about one year and it hasn't failed me yet. I have heated frozen dinners to reheating normal refrigerated foods and it has worked great. The exterior of the microwave is silver and it is easy to clean it also has a button that you push in to open the microwave. It also has a rotating tray inside the microwave. The microwave also has defrost and a lot of other presets also.

The GE microwave works as it should and that is what makes it great. The microwave has a lot of presets.

Settings/Features
The microwave has a lot of settings, from defrost to pizza and a lot of other presets. It also has a rotating tray inside the microwave, which makes it great.

It is easy to clean the exterior, a wet sloth would work just fine. The inside of the microwave has a removable tray that can be removed for cleaning.

It is easy to use, you can use the presets or you can just select how many minutes you want to heat your food up, it's great.

Good microwave

from Kansas

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I actually got the GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven JES1142SJ/ 1142WD microwave as a hand me down from my boyfriends parents. They had it for about 2 years and we have now had it almost a year. It still works perfect.

I like it's stainless steal coloring. It gives it a modern look. As per usual the stainless steal leaves finger prints on it, which doesn't really bother me but it may bother some people.

It fits fine on my tiny counter in my way too tiny apartment, so that's a perk!

It heats food great and I have nothing bad to say about it's cooking quality.

The microwave had a touch pad to the right and a digital clock. It has automatic options for like pizza or popcorn but I never use them, I just enter in the number. But those automatic buttons may be nice for some people.

Only thing negative I have to say is it seems to be a little louder when you open the microwave when compared to other ones. I try to be quiet in the mornings so I don't wake my boyfriend but when I loudly open the microwave it's kind of annoying.

Overall, I highly recommend this microwave!

• Settings/Features:

Great microwave for the price!

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I am extremely satisfied with my microwave! I would definitely tell my family and friends to buy it!

Heats efficiently in the least amount of time! The only warning I would give is to be sure to always adhere to the least recommended cooking times on food packages, this little power house heats very quickly!

Settings/Features
I really don't tend to use any of the advanced features but I will say that I can effectively defrost food without over cooking or over drying it out.

I would prefer my microwave to come clean a little easier without staining.

I love the quick set 30 second feature if you simply press the start button. You can press it repeatedly for up to five minutes. I warm up my morning coffee with this feature, one button, no thinking for the groggy non-morning people!

Had it for over 3 years and it is still working great!

It fits perfectly in the little nook in my kitchen. It is little but plenty powerful.

Pretty disappointed

from Dayton, NJ

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

Had this unit for less than a year before it started on its own and then stopped working. Had a repairman come and replace the timer and microwave unit under warranty. Right after the warranty expired the microwave stopped working again. Now i would have to shell out for service call and new part which would cost me more than buying a new one. GE doesn't make microwaves with the quality of years pass. I have an old microwave over 20 years that is still working but decided to upgrade to the sleek stainless look. I heard that it is manufactured by another company for GE label. It looks nice but doen't last long. I checked the reviews of others on this unit and they experience similar problems. I went with Amana, pretty expensive but so far its still working well.

• Settings/Features:

I'll be sad when this dies.

from New Glarus, WI

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I received this microwave as a birthday gift at least six years ago and I have loved it from the start. It cooks food quickly and evenly and I have not had one single issue with it. It doesn't hurt that it looks pretty, either. It is a bit louder than other microwaves I have used, but that is really not an issue with me at all.

Excellent Value - Quality

from Charlottesville, VA

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I wanted a microwave that was not huge but powerful and easy to use.  After checking out reviews on several sites I chose this GE. I've had GE appliances in the past and was never dissappointed. Have used this microwave for over 6 months and extremely happy with it. The interior is large enough to hold all my casserole dishes without hanging up on turn table. Love the "beverage" button - allows me to heat or reheat with a touch. VERY easy to program, I don't have to take a course to know how to use :)  It's so easy to use I've begun using it more and more. It heats evenly and quickly - very quickly!!

The brushed stainless steel exterior looks classy and matches my other appliances.  The interior is easy to clean. Don't need the child lock, but it's a great option for those with young children.

GE JES1142SJ 06 microwave screeches after several months of use.

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

This microwave heats food, beverages, etc., very well.  It has a touchpad with several different features:  popcorn, frozen pizza, beverage, reheat, cook, time defrost, auto defrost, kitchen timer, power level, clock, pause/clear, and start.  When pressing the start button without entering a time, it will give you 30 seconds of time, if you press start again it will give you an additional 30 seconds so you now have one minute of cook time.

It also comes with a round glass table which rotates in opposite directions each time you press start.

After a few months of use it started to make a screeching sound.  I noticed that once it started making this screeching sound that it would not alternate changing direction of rotation.  Instead it would always rotate in a clockwise direction.  Once in a while it would change its rotational direction.  Once it changed direction it would work fine.  However, every once in a while it will not change rotational direction and it will start to make the horrible high pitch screeching noise, which can drive you crazy, especially if you're cooking something for a long time.

Pretty and functional

from Clio, MI

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I purchased the GE Microwave oven on a whim partially because it was on sale, but mostly because it was extreamly attractive to look at!! All of my appliances are black and I love them but I really wanted one piece that complemented the look and style without matching perfectly...this was the perfect purchase...It looks like it belongs in my kitchen! Aside from being beautiful it works very well and is nice and big, I can fit alot in there without anything bumping into the walls. I have had this microwave for awhile now and I have no complaints, it heats everything evenly and doesnt take too long to reach the right tempreture for the item you are heating! I would definetly recommend this microwave to a friend or family member!

great look, hot food

from Houston, TX

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

This thing sits well in any kitchen.  It's small enough that I was able to set it on a shelf for 2 years and not have any problems.  One issue I have with it is that if I sent the kitchen timer, I can't use the oven to cook, but I think this is typical of all microwave ovens.  I do miss having express buttons that let me set a minute or 30 seconds with one push.  The settings on this microwave are otherwise very intuitive and easy to use.  This oven has quite a bit of power for a 1.1 cu ft microwave.  It takes a couple minutes to boil a cup of water at high.  I'm not confident that lower settings really do what they advertise.  For example, at 50% power, all it seems to do is turn off about half the time.  The turntable still spins, but power isn't actually being reduced to half.  Regardless, the end result is about the same.  The interior is quite easy to clean and doesn't take to stains very easily.  It still looks like it's in the same condition it was in brand new.  I'm satisfied with this oven overall.

Pretty good microwave

from Sterling, CO

Comments about GE 1100 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

Well, we got this microwave for free, but even if we hadn't, it would have been a great microwave for any price. We've loved it. It has always worked well and heats well. It is stainless steel, so it looks nice too.

Some of our favorite features are listed below:

Express cook: when you push this button, it gives you 30 seconds of cooking time. You don't have to push start, you just push the button and it starts. If you continue to hold it down, it continues to give you more time in 30 second increments.

Child lock: This is a great addition to any microwave! I just figured it out and I am so glad, because I no longer have to unplug the microwave when our friend's daughter comes over. Kids love to push buttons on the microwave, and this one has a setting where you can lock the buttons so that even if they push them, it won't start up.

Defrost: it has a derost per pound setting which I really like. I wish that it would do lesser portions, because sometimes I only have mayble half a pound of meat, but it works fine, I just watch it and do less time.

Popcorn: The popcorn setting makes perfect porpcorn! I don't have to worry about listening for the pops anymore!