3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

A Favorite Gift of Ours

This is a very simple, very easy microwave. If you don't have a lot of counter space like we do than this model is a good one to look at as it's a little bit smaller but big enough to heat up a majority of meals. The look of this microwave is very simple and clean. There isn't any chrome or big "bells and whistles" type features but it's a sleek, very good looking microwave. Like most microwaves, it gives you the time defrost, the option of choosing your own time, and some pre-set cook/defrost times. Nothing special, but it serves its purpose. It is also a rather quiet microwave. It doesn't seem to give off the loudness that other bigger microwaves give off. Cleaning is easy. You can just wipe it down with some soap and warm water.

Doesn't cook items when their defrosting, heats things up evenly.

Settings/Features
Simple and easy to use buttons.

Wipe out with warm water and soap. Wipe outside with windex.

Very simple.

Very sturdy, high quality microwave.

Simple, black, modern, and sleek. Very clean. Appealing design.

GE Microwave is OK but has a weird problem

We had used our old microwave forever--it had a dial where we had to guess the amount of time we were heating our food. It went on the blink on September 11 of last year. Other than the obvious, I remember that date distinctly because I happen to have gone into labor with my third child. I hadn't planned to go microwave shopping but figured my contractions weren't particularly close together and I hated the thought of getting home after the birth and not having a microwave.

So I waddled to the microwave section with my second child and hoped my water wouldn't break. Actually, I bought a different GE microwave on that date--it was smaller and much easier to get in the cart. After I got it set up at home, my heart sank because it would make this weird, loud noise whenever the turntable would go around. My husband couldn't stand that one and took it back to Wal-Mart and came home with this much larger model.

Our **GE WES1450DMBB microwave oven** is a black countertop microwave with loads of features that our old microwave did not have:

- time cook (now I can actually set the microwave to cook for an exact amount of time!)
- express cook (with the push of one button, I can cook for 30 seconds, 1 minute, etc.)
- time defrost (haven't used this feature)
- sensor cook (haven't used this feature)
- beverage button (haven't used this feature)
- popcorn button (haven't used this feature)
- clock (I can set it without problems)
- reminder (like an alarm clock)
- child lock-out (didn't know about this feature, can prevent children from accidentally starting the microwave)
- sound button (can turn beeper off)
- timer (can be used while the microwave is operating)

This microwave is easy to use and seems to cook foods evenly and more quickly than our older microwave. It has a feature where it will beep if you forget to remove the item from the microwave. That could be a good thing, or that could be a bad thing. You can turn the beeper off if you do not like beepers.

There is just one problem. After we had it a few days, it also started making a gosh-awful noise when the turntable goes around, just like the one I bought while I was in labor. I looked in the owners manual and there weren't any troubleshooting tips for this weird problem. Neither my husband nor I felt like taking that one back, so I guess we're stuck with it.

**My Viewpoint:**

This GE microwave seems to work well and has features that are easy to use. I'm not real thrilled about the obnoxious noise it makes, especially if I'm trying to heat up something after the children have gone to bed. I am recommending this product because of its ability to heat food and all the special features. I hope the weird noise is an odd problem that only our model does.

Don't Buy

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Simple Controls

Cons

• Confusing Display
  • Noisy
  • Unreliable

• Leftovers
  • Popcorn
  • Quick Meals

Comments about GE 1.4 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

These GE microwaves are terrible. We had this one for only a year, well slightly over a year and it would go in and out frequently until it completely stopped working only 15 months after having it. The lights and counter still work on it, but it won't turn and it won't cook anything. What a waste! Very disappointed. I thought maybe we had a defective one but after doing a little research on consumer reports, GE microwaves in general have very poor reviews and there were numerous reports of the same problem we had with ours. There were also countless other complaints including faulty switches, easily broken doors, heating mechanisms going out within only a few months, displays going out in only a few weeks, and literally thousands more issues reported. Most of the GE microwaves on consumer reports were actually rated only one star. That's pitiful. I will not buy a GE microwave again. I also would not recommend buying any of these microwaves from this company.

• Primary use:
  • Personal

A Favorite Gift of Ours

Comments about GE 1.4 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

Doesn't cook items when their defrosting, heats things up evenly.

Settings/Features
Simple and easy to use buttons.

Wipe out with warm water and soap. Wipe outside with windex.

Very simple.

Very sturdy, high quality microwave.

Simple, black, modern, and sleek. Very clean. Appealing design.

Works great

Comments about GE 1.4 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

Came with our home when we bought it. Great microwave, haven't had any issues. Has lots of features for defrost, etc. Quick hit buttons like 1 all the way up to 6 minutes so you just hit one button to program. Has a clock. Large enough to fit about anything you need to in there.

• Settings/Features:

A decent microwave, performs well

Comments about GE 1.4 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

We remodeled our kitchen and wanted a black over the range microwave. We chose this one because of the price point and reviews. Overall we've been pleased. It heats the food evenly, and seems like it will work well for us for a long time! We've had it one year with no problems.

Settings/Features
It's roomy, which we really love

• Settings/Features:

This GE microwave has worked great

from Troy, NC

Comments about GE 1.4 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

After purchasing a different microwave that quit working after two months of use, we purchased this microwave. This microwave oven has worked very well for us. I use this product daily and sometimes more than once a day. This microwave has held up well to all of the tasks we ask it to perform. This microwave oven has specialty setting like popcorn, and baked potato. It also defrosts meat based on the weight of the meat. The numbers 1-6 can be pressed and it will start up without having to press any other buttons. There is a timer that you can set to time how long an item needs to be in the oven. If you are using the timer, you can also use the microwave oven for cooking at the same time without affecting the timer. This microwave cooks well for a microwave. It is a large microwave oven, so large items fit inside with ease. The rotating plate is inserted into the bottom of the microwave so the plate is not raised. This helps prevent splattered food from getting underneath the plate.

Not Reliable! Don't buy it

from Miami, FL

Comments about GE 1.4 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

GE Micro Oven model WES1450DMBBThis oven looks very nice, and full of nice feature at first glance, but started given problems after 7 months even with the fact that I use it sparingly. Initially it started given SENSOR ERROR but recovered after a couple of minutes then one day it stopped heating. The turn table will turn but it will not heat the food.My recommendation:  DO NOT BUY IT.

Overall great microwave

from Minford, OH

Comments about GE 1.4 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I have had this GE WES1450DM1BB Microwave for at least 3 years now and it works great.The one and only problem I have had with it is the number 7 button quit working. Other than that I think it has worked just fine, especially for the price. Some of the features it has a child lock-out if you have little ones who love to push buttons, lol! It also has a popcorn, beverage, reheat, baked potato, fresh vegetables, defrost, a timer button, and more! They seem to be just the right amount of time too! You can also change the power level, and it has a rotating glass turntable, with easy removal for cleaning. It has 1.4 cubic feet capacity and is 1100 watts. One feature I really like about the microwave is you can push just the number 1 (or 2,3, etc.) button and it will automatically turn on for 1 minute (or 2,3, etc.) without pushing anything else. If you need it for like 45 seconds you would have to actually push "time cook" then 45 and "start."

I love everything about it except that it wasn't made in the USA

from Appleton, WI

Comments about GE 1.4 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

We have only had this for several weeks. I love that it is big enough inside for my casserole dishes with their covers. It isn't noisy like previous microwaves. Cleaning up inside and out is very easy. Foods have been cooked evenly. This model has 6 express cook buttons which saves time for me while I am finishing the rest of the meal. This model also features "child lock-out" which is simple to use.

Loved it while it actually worked.

from Washington, NC

Comments about GE 1.4 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I loved this microwave when I first got it. My first of these microwaves stopped heating after about 2 or 3 months. I took it back to the store with my receipt and exchanged it for the same model. The 2nd one lasted almost 1 year and 3 months before it just totally died last night. I was hoping maybe it could just be a fuse that blew this time. I was going to take off the cover to find out but, you have to have a special tool.

My GE Microwave does the job.

from Okemah, OK

Comments about GE 1.4 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I use my GE microwave A LOT!  I've found that it works great for cooking food and defrosting meat.  The look of it is modern.  It's easy to clean with the removeable plate.  My only concern is that the door release button is a little hard to push.  That doesn't really slow me down though.  I just give it another punch and move right along.