Other Misc. Dentals:
GUM
G U M Soft Picks

GUMG U M Soft Picks

So helpful if you have larger gaps between your teeth

Comments about GUM G U M Soft Picks:

These gadgets are a wonderful invention for those of us that might have a larger space between their teeth and continually get food stuck in there and are at an increased risk of cavities. This also does wonders for receding gum lines as it massages the gums and helps them to grow tighter around the teeth. Two of my molars had a larger gap between them and my dentist was always concerned about decay. I started using these on a regular basis and they not only helped keep the area clean, they also helped grow back the gums in that area so I don't have that issue anymore. I began to use it on all my teeth and found it did the same everywhere. Now instead of struggling with potential gum diseases down the road, my dentist says my gums look healthy! Note that it will cause soreness in the beginning when you use them, but I found that after using them for a continued time it didn't bother me at all.

Revolutionary!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about GUM G U M Soft Picks:

For anyone who hates flossing or who just knows, realistically, that even though they know they SHOULD floss their teeth, it's just not going to happen...well, these GUM Soft Picks are the solution. More effective than a water pick at removing plaque, they are easy to use and they feel good on your gums to boot. These are single use and a bit expensive, in my opinion, but they are worth the extra buck or two. The flexible tips are covered in little perpendicular rubber flaps that work to dislodge food and plaque. I can't use floss on my front bottom teeth because I have a permanent retainer and my contacts are so tight they shred any floss. These picks slip above the papillas to massage my gums and remove plaque. If you're going to use a pick on more than a couple teeth, I recommend wiping it off with tissue after every other tooth or so because the plaque gets a little grody on the rubber tabs.

Essential dental product

Comments about GUM G U M Soft Picks:

I love this product! Have used them for years and since discovering them have always carried some in my bag. The little plastic container makes them great for travel, and I especially like them for use after eating in restaurants (I eat a lot of hearty green salads, and consider these an essential tool).

The soft plastic bristles have never scratched my somewhat sensitive gums. This is a very comfortable product to use and it does a good job cleaning between the teeth.

The only downside to this product, and the one thing which prevents me from rating them a 10, is that they're a little too flimsy to use between closely spaced teeth like my crowns and molars, and will bend easily if you try to force them. Once bent, they're nearly impossible to straighten out and use between other teeth.

On the whole, this is an excellent product. It's dependable and convenient, and despite that one minor drawback I highly recommend it.

Great for in-between times and places

from Amherst, MA

Comments about GUM G U M Soft Picks:

I use these little GUM soft picks several times a day on my teeth. As I have gotten older and realized that I could actually lose my teeth I have become quite a bit more careful about how I take care of them and I figure that the extra time spent taking care of my teeth will save me quite a bit of aggravation and money down the road. The GUM soft picks do a decent job of cleaning the space between my teeth. They are not better than floss but if you are the type that hates floss then you would do well to use GUM soft picks instead. I do use floss as well as little brush thingys but these GUM soft picks are great for inbetween times and places. I do use them longer than advertised, I don’t just throw them out after one use but rather I save them until they bend. (Which happens sooner than I would like, I think that they used to last longer than they do now). But you can easily carry the GUM soft picks around in your purse in the little plastic case they give you and use them after eating or anytime that you feel like the gunk is building up between your teeth.

Wonderful and Easy!

from Roswell, GA

Comments about GUM G U M Soft Picks:

My daughter has a difficult time flossing her teeth because they are close together. She has had a problem with cavities, so the dentist recommended that she use GUM soft picks. What a difference they have made! Regular floss is hard to maneuver, especially between molars. The floss picks are much more convenient, but my daughter still had trouble with them. I also have found that certain brands of floss picks break easily (the plastic part that holds the floss, not the floss itself.) The GUM soft picks solved all out problems. They are wonderful for people whose teeth are tightly spaced, and are equally as good for those of us who have no problem flossing with regular floss. My daughter has not had a cavity in over a year, which coincides with the time that she has used GUM soft picks. They have made an incredible difference! These are worth their weight in gold!!

G U M Soft Picks helped with my tight teeth.

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about GUM G U M Soft Picks:

G U M Soft Picks are the best things ever invented if you have problems with flossing or have tight spaced teeth. Not only does it get into the tightest of spaces but you and your dentist will see an improvement in all over care of your teeth. No more plaque no more problems.

Great for teeth that are close together

from Nicholasville, KY

Comments about GUM G U M Soft Picks:

I have a lot of diffuculty getting dental floss in between my teeth because they are so close together. My dentist gave me a sample of these and suggested that I try them instead of floss. I really didn't think that they would get deep enough in between my teeth to do any good. I was also afraid they would not be soft enough to not cause my gums any discomfort. To my delight and surprise I found them to be both soft enough to not cause any problems and they were able to get deep between my teeth to really get them clean. I also noticed that the fresh feeling after I brush my teeth lasted much longer. My whole mouth felt 'dentist clean' and it made me feel like I was doing something good for my dental hygiene.