4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

my camera does everything.

I spent months narrowing down my options until I found this this camera. It has the ability to to have less pixilation if you want more storage space. 16 different shooting modes changeable through camera. Also Picture stabilization, face detection very fast shutter speed ( witch is sometimes more important than pixels). A variety of flash modes and shooting options. Also extremely easy to use software for editing movies ( * Go on manufacturers website to test out*). 2 input/outputs. It's the best bang for my buck I could find and trust me I made sure of it! The Fuji film Z20 fd may even have a new upgrade by now or be a little cheaper because it came out a few months ago. Comes in an array of colors. I have the blue but beware because many online pictures of this camera have hideous colors. I just saw the new Z20 fd and it's white with pink polka dots. SO CUTE

Great compact camera

I bought this camera in 2008 so I have had it for almost 3 years now.  The main reason I chose this camera was because it came in hot pink (my favorite color) and it was very small and lightweight.  I just needed a simple camera that wasn't too expensive.  It has held up pretty well over the past 3 years.  I have taken a lot of pictures with it.  I have 2 daughters and I take a lot of pictures of them.  The picture quality isn't excellent but it is acceptable for the average user.  I just bought a new digital camera for Christmas and I chose the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR3.  I needed something with a better zoom and HD movie.  The Fujifilm only has 3x zoom which is not much.  There have been many times when I wished I had a better zoom on my camera.  Sometimes you just need 8x zoom or more to get a good picture of something.  It takes movies in mpeg-4.  I haven't taken many videos with the camera since it was hard for me to play them on my computer.  Overall it's a decent point and shoot digital camera if you don't require more than 3x zoom.

Not a good camera, but a great teaching tool

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z20 fd Digital Camera:

I purchased the Fujifilm FinePix Z20 fd Digital Camera back in 2008 when I became interested in photography, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. Right out of the box this camera didn't take great pictures. The images were very grainy and out of focus on every image I took. I started to tinker around with the settings until I was able to take the best quality pictures possible with this camera. In order to take a great picture with this camera I had to put it in manual mode and tweak the color settings until it produced an image to my liking. Despite all of my adjustments shooting video was another story. I shot several videos under different lighting setups and all of my footage came out extremely pixelated. There was also serious choppiness in the frame rate of my videos. Even though the Fujifilm FinePix Z20 has a lot of flaws I would still recommend it for first time photographers because I was able to learn the basics of photography and apply them to a better camera down the road.

Solid Camera

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z20 fd Digital Camera:

I was looking for a camera to replace my aging digital camera and came across the Fujifilm FinePix Z20 camera. I loved that it came in so many bright colors. It was a tough choice between the lime green, hot pink, and royal blue, but I finally ended up with the pink.

The 10 megapixels were plenty at the time and I found them them to be more than adequate for cropping and making 4x6 and 5x7 prints from my photos.

The colors were very accurate and the anti-blur stabilization worked nicely when you weren't absolutely still while taking the picture.

I really liked the one touch movie recording button. It was a nice feature that many models did not have. The video wasn't excellent but it wasn't too grainy either so it was probably comparable to a cellphone video.

What I wasn't fond of was that you slid the front lens cover to turn the camera on and off. It quickly became annoying when the cover accidentally slid a bit when in a bag, purse, or pocket.

I also liked the removable SD card. It was nice not to have to plug the camera in every single time I wanted to transfer pictures and I always brought a second SD card while on vacation or when I knew I'd be taking lots of pictures so I could always be sure to never run out of room.

Overall this is a very good camera. It isn't amazing but has all the features you want in a camera.

• Portability:

I really loved this camera.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z20 fd Digital Camera:

I have owned several Fujifilm FinePix cameras, and they are by far my favorite brand of camera. For the price, it takes the best quality pictures. I usually take picture in macro as I sell a lot of miscellaneous items on eBay, so I have to take close-ups. I have found that Fujifilm cameras have remarkable macro capabilities.

Image Quality
The picture quality on this camera definitely a ten! When I used the Fujifilm FinePix Z20, the image quality was amazing, especially using the macro setting for close-up pictures. I'm not sure why, but when using macro photography, it really brings out each tiny detail out subject. It has 10 megapixels and 3x optical zoom. It also has picture stabilization which works very well so your pictures are never out of focus or blurry.

It's performance was awesome, one of the best cameras I have ever owned!

It's a very easy camera to use, even for those that may be camera illiterate.

I owned this camera for over two years, and the only reason it broke was because I dropped it. It would probably still be working great today if I hadn't of broken it.

Battery Life
This camera has a very long battery life.

Portability
It's lightweight and easy to pack around.

Good starter camera

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z20 fd Digital Camera:

I bought this for my son who is eleven. He asked for a camera and I didn't want him to have an expensive camera that would get broken within the first year, but at the same time, I didn't want to get him a piece of junk that I would regret buying later. So I settled for this Nikon fine pix. He figured out how to use it immediately after taking it out of the box, it's very simple to operate and takes surprisingly clear photos. It also comes with free software for uploading your photos, although it's not absolutely necessary to upload and print photos. He also loved the blue color, it's his favorite and he felt like it was something of his own that his younger brothers and sisters weren't allowed to use. It was a great investment just seeing my son's face light up.

Image Quality
It take surprisingly good photos, I wasn't expecting much but got something pretty great.

There are a lot of scene modes, etc. that can be used and takes some knowledge of cameras to really be able to use them correctly. So we don't use many of the different modes, just automatic focus.

Portability
Very small and portable, my son can carry it in his pocket.

• Portability:

This camera is cute, user friendly and my on-the-go camera!

from Bloxom, VA

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z20 fd Digital Camera:

My favorite on-the-go camera.

Image Quality
Comparable to more expensive cameras.

Battery Life
This camera is usually right by my side, getting tons of use. I charge the battery every three weeks or so.

Portability
I have forgotten it in my back pocket!

• Portability:

Fuji FinePix Z20fd is a great all around digital camera!

from Ames, IA

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z20 fd Digital Camera:

I have the Fuji FinePix Z20 fd digital camera with the pink polka dots! I got it when my FinePix E900 was stolen. Even though it has MUCH fewer "bells and whistles," it totally fits my needs and actually works out better in some ways. First, it is small enough for purse or pocket. Secondly, it has easy to navigate menus so the settings are easy to change on the fly. It takes either the less expensive SD memory cards or pricier xD, however no card comes with the camera (it has some built-in memory). The face recognition is great, and it has a feature that I absolutely LOVE: you can set the camera to take 2 pictures in rapid succession, one using natural light and one with flash. My experience with both FinePix's is that even indoors where light is lower, the flash can be WAY too strong. Now I don't have horribly washed out pictures and don't have to make people hold their poses while I turn the flash off and take another picture. I mostly use it for blog postings, emailing pix and 4x6 printouts at the local store. It's great and I even use the lower resolution setting. It makes me realize the E900 was way more camera than I needed.

The downsides are that it can slide open too easily sometimes, and the battery does not hold a charge very long. I have more than one battery. Shop around online for good battery prices. Some sites will charge for one battery about half as much as the camera costs. You can find them much cheaper. I couldn't find the battery at local brick-and-mortar stores.

It's a great all around camera and will perform well in most situations that amateurs need it for. You can also go black-and-white or sepia if you want to artsy it up! And, you gotta love the pink polka dots! You get a great little camera with a fashion statement too!

Great compact camera

from Idabel, OK

good camera

from Springfield, MA

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z20 fd Digital Camera:

let me start by saying that if this camera had a 'backup' battery spot, it would be soooo much more awesome.  as it is, its pretty awesome.  unfortunatly, mine got stolen but i am going to try to find another one like it.  the fact that you can only charge the camera elaves a problem.  i brought it to disney when i went and found that the battery life was poor.  if you have it out alot, its going to die quickly.  i wish i could have just brought batteries as a backup.  do they even make cameras like that? they should. anyway, i'd charge it at night, wed be at the park for about 8 hours..so having it off and on during an 8 hour period it would die.  i had an ugly brown one..i didnt realize it came in different colors, so thats a pro! im not all that concerned with the quality of the pictures, i dont unerstand pixels and whatnot..as long as the picture is clear im okay.  and these pictures were very clear.  i like that you can crop ANd change the color tones of the pictures on the camera itself.

Love this camera~

from Vandalia, OH

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z20 fd Digital Camera:

I think this is a great camera for just about anyone. I wanted a camera with a fast shutter speed because it drives me nuts when you have to wait 20 seconds for the camera to take the shot. I looked at so many reviews before finally choosing this camera and I am so glad I did.

I think the shutter speed is pretty good. I was hoping for a little faster but for the price I think it is good. I love the brightly colored design and the fact that you just flip it down to open. The zoom is an internal zoom so you don't have to worry about crumbs or anything getting stuck and it not zooming in and out.  I do think that the colors are not quite as vibrant with this camera, as others, but I rarely print and they look great on the computer screen.

My favorite feature is the ability to change certain settings without having to search all over.  You can change whether or not there is a flash with just two clicks.  Also when reviewing your photos you can zoom out and not have to click through each one. Very helpful. In all... great product!

The fuji z20fd is so cute

from Sarasota, FL

Comments about Fujifilm - FinePix Z20 fd Digital Camera:

I love this camera I have the pink color and it matches my IPOD! lol.. but it takes such great pictures as well.. just do not i quote do not use just any old memory card i did that and messed up the camera and had to get a new one not to mentionall the pics i had taken were ruined.. it also was giving me a hard time when i tried to load pics but i figured it out and now never have a problem. just make sure if the finepix isnt loading when u connect the camera that you have the exif launcher open it should show in the bottom right corner then check the setting to load each time and then presto. I bought it for my christmas present last year and except that one problem have loved it since i used it this weekend for a concert and although it was dark the pics came out great and clear i really love it and the design easy turn on just flip the lens over and you are ready to go. sometimes it takes a bit to tkae the picture but only cause it is getting the right lightingh