Other Deep Fryers:

Cons

A good beginner fryer

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Frymaster/Dean Fry Daddy Deep Fryer:

When I purchased the Fry Daddy I was about to take my first forex into the magical world of deep frying foods at home.
Now I'm not exactly a professional in the kitchen. I try, but not every attempt I make works out so well. Because of this, I didn't want to spend a fortune on a deep fryer. You know, in case either it was really hard to deep fry things, in which case I probably would have given up after the first or second attempt. If what ever I deep fried the first time had turned out horribly I might have given up too. Either way, I didn't want to invest much until I knew deep frying was something that I could feasibly handle.
The Fry Daddy was cheap so it fit my first criteria. The second was that I wanted to start small. I don't have an extra large kitchen so if I'm not sure I'm going to use a kitchen gadget often I don't want a super large one to start with. The Fry Daddy we the smallest deep fryer I saw.

I think this was a good starter deep fryer. It worked well, the food came out they way I hoped and for me, there's not much more I can ask!

Very simple and straight forward which I appreciate in any kitchen gadget!

I fell in love with the Daddy Deep Fryer

from TX

Comments about Frymaster/Dean Fry Daddy Deep Fryer:

I love fried foods so naturally when I saw this product for sale in the store, I bought it. I compared it to others that were bigger and had more abilities but truthfully this fryer does it all. It does not take up too much much space and the foods I fry in it come out with the best golden crunch and does not dry out the meets. I have to make in batches since it is a little smaller than some other fryers but it is worth it. Chicken tenders and fries comes out the best and the cleanup is easy. My fryer had a manual with it that had recommended cooking times and that was very helpful since I am not the best cook. If you follow the temperature and cooking times in that manual, it is fail proof. Great product!

Works great, reminds me of the fried foods I get from the restaurants.

Read your manual before using because they help you with cooking times and cleanup.

My fryer has lasted many years and was not expensive at all.

I love that the fryer does not make a huge mess when cooking and comes with a lid so you can reuse the oil if it is still clean.

Cheap model that does the job; sturdier model more preferable

Comments about Frymaster/Dean Fry Daddy Deep Fryer:

It's a good enough little fryer. Cheap, doesn't take a long time to heat up, portable. Kind of small but since I mostly do spring rolls, it's ok since I have to let the spring rolls cool before eating. I'm still a tad nervous about it since it doesn't seem very sturdy; looking for one with a little more weight to it with a sturdier base. But it does what it's made for. One plus to the smaller size is you need to use less oil. Not recommended for big parties but perfect for a night at home with the hubby.

Heats quickly, nice to be able to keep used oil in the same container for use again later vs. transferring oil back and forth between containers.

A tad nervous about the weight; would prefer something heavier and sturdier for safety reasons.

It's cleaning up oil, never a pleasant task.

Good fryer for the money

from Orrville, OH

Comments about Frymaster/Dean Fry Daddy Deep Fryer:

I have had this fryer for years and it works like a charm. It heats to temperature in less that 20 minutes. Using it is as easy as plugging it in. It comes with a tool for food removal and a lid so you can cover it and save the oil for the next time you use it. It is not very large and would be great for someone that is single or for a couple. If you were cooking for a family you would have to cook many batches.

For a cheap, small deep fryer, the Fry Daddy gets the job done.

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Frymaster/Dean Fry Daddy Deep Fryer:

My husband and I bought our Fry Daddy about three years ago. We were apprehensive at first because neither one of us had ever used a deep fryer before. But, after the first use, we felt like pros. It is small, so I especially felt confident, that I wouldn't get oil everywhere or burn the food I was frying. We have three kids, so the Fry Daddy is very conveinient for making small portions for each of the kids. The fry Dayy is also great because it heats up pretty quickly. I like the size. It comfortably fits on the counter without taking up a lot of space. Some things that I don't like about the Fry Daddy are things like, it doesn't have one of those wire mesh cover to prevent any oil from popping out. Also, it doesn't have a screen to filter out the bits of food at the bottom. Other than that, I like the small size and light weightness of the Fry Daddy. Thank you for taking the time for reading my review.

Jennifer85

The Fry Daddy is a good deep fryer

from Smithfield, UT

Comments about Frymaster/Dean Fry Daddy Deep Fryer:

We got the fry daddy as a wedding present. And we have enjoyed using it. It is good for small frying jobs. It is very difficult to clean though, and tends to make a mess. We have used it to make french fries, doughnuts, perogies, and scones. We used vegtable oil in it. The removable cord is very nice. And it does come with a plastic storage lid. We tried storing the oil in the fry daddy so we could reuse it, this made a huge mess in our cupboards. Then we tried cleaning it after every use, which proved difficult. It did fry the food very well, and maintain a good temperature for frying. However we ended up replacing it with a more advanced fryer that is easier to clean, and to store oil it. This is a good beginner deep fryer.

Oh my how I love a Fry Daddy

from Longwood, FL

Comments about Frymaster/Dean Fry Daddy Deep Fryer:

Can I just tell you that I lived off one of these things for many weeks. Healthy? No. But totally delicious. Every night I would take a banana, dip it in pancake batter and fry it. Top it with ice cream and you have the best dessert on earth. I have had my Fry Daddy forever. Not a whole lot to complain about. It is very deep so it requires a lot of oil and can have a tendency to splash and spill but what fryer doesn't. If you're looking for a fryer I would definitely recommend this one. Very reliable, heats up fast, works great and isn't expensive. It is also compact enough to sit on the counter and not take up too much space or put underneath somewhere out of the way. Reliable brand and great product. Would definitely recommend.

Every Kitchen Needs One

from Carrabelle, FL

Comments about Frymaster/Dean Fry Daddy Deep Fryer:

In Febuary of this year My husband bought me my first Fry Daddy. I just love this cooker, Fryer. It does not take long to heat up and your meats cook evenly and crispy. It is good for frying shrimp in and hushpuppies. Matter of fact you can cook a dinner for you and about 8 people using this fry daddy in about 30 minutes. I believe every kitchen should have one in it. I find that I use it more than I thought that I would.

Great for making homemade fries.

from Altamonte Springs, FL

Comments about Frymaster/Dean Fry Daddy Deep Fryer:

The Fry Daddy is a great item to have.  It is very easy to use and heats up the oil very quickly.  It is easy to store becuase it comes with a top for the Fry Daddy.  If you don't clean the outside every three to four uses, the grease build up gets hard to remove.  I left home for a week and returned home; my husband did not clean the Fry Daddy and the grease build up is too hard to remove.  It has built up a lot and I am considering buying another one.  Also, the grease gets hot very quickly; you have to make sure that you monitor it.  You want to put the fries in when the grease/oil is almost at the maximum temperature.  The Fry Daddy cooks the food very fast.  It is a good thing to change the grease, often.  Fresh grease/oil allows the best food to come out of the Fry Daddy.  There is a handle on the Fry Daddy that remains cool.  The Fry Daddy cools down quickly, also, so you can get rid of the grease quickly.