2.6

Pros

Cons

• Service:
    • In-Flight Accommodations:

It was a pleasant travel experience. Great service.

My first official business trip after graduating college was also my first time to fly Frontier Airlines. I had previously flown all over on almost every other airline. I was very pleasantly surprised with my trip with Frontier. Needless to say I had a ton on my mind preparing for the business trip, and flying w/ them made the trip even less stressful. I booked the ticket through Priceline.com which booked me on my departing flight from OKC to Phoenix with Frontier (2 legs total, connecting in Denver). My return flight home was booked through another airline. After flying the 2 flights with Frontier though I would have to say I am somewhat disappointed that I am not using them to fly home. They will definitely be receiving my business the rest of the month, seeing as I travel 4 out of 5 weeks from to Phoenix. I would recommend them to everyone.  Their customer service and courtesy is second to none. They definitely go out of their way to help you as much as possible. I would also argue that their prices are the best, or at least very competitive. Especially w/ Southwest. Frontier was only $299, while SW was $750 from OKC to PHX. As a frequent air traveler, seeing the decline the last few years in airlines, its nice to know some are still making an effort to provide great Customer Service and not just trying to make a buck. SIDE NOTE: They give 2 complimentary (fresh) chocolate chip cookies. Little things are not forgotten with them, its a nice touch.

If You Support Our Troops, Do Not Support Frontier Airlines

I would give this airline zero stars if I could. They are the worst when dealing with customer service. My husband has been away from over a month training for his upcoming deployment to Afghanistan. The ARMY is constantly change so we had to make changes to his ticket. In this tight economy, it was not easy for us to pay the fee so I ask if there was any way they could waive it. At this point the "customer service" lady became very hostile and started talking down to me. I said, "I can't believe you guys are not will to accommodate an Active Duty soldier who is fighting for your freedom." Instead of understanding my frustration, and saying something like "if it were up to me, I would, but it's policy." she replied by saying, "I can't believe you would use that to try to guilt me into changing the ticket." Excuse me, but my 9 month old son and I have not seen my husband in over a month and it's Thanksgivings. My husband fights for her right to sit there at that desk and give me her attitude. I'm sorry that his job is always unpredictable and that he doesn't just get to sit on his butt all day and answer calls or have a flexible work schedule, but he is giving his service to this country and the fact that they were unwilling to help a soldier on thanksgiving break reunite with his family makes me sick. This airline is un-American and has lost all my future business and more importantly my respect. If you support the troops, you should not support Frontier Airlines.

I ALWAYS choose Frontier!

from Denver, CO

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

Frontier has the best prices around for airfare. They are constantly doing whatever they can to improve the company and provide the best customer service possible to customers. The company is constantly adding new routes as well.

Nice plane ride

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

Frontier was the first airline I have used. I was scared, but they made it better. The workers were amazing and calmed me down. The seats on the flight aren't the best for long flights! But other than that every thing was smooth . From checking in and boarding to getting our bags. I recommend this airline for everyone that's looking for affordable!

Great experience with frontier

from Dayton OH

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

We flew frontier for the first time this week. The prices couldn't be beat, and the entire process was smooth. Flight was great and no delays or communication issues. Will fly again!!

DO NOT FLY FRONTIER

from phoenix

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

There are so many HORRIBLE reviews about this airline and I recommend that anyone reading them take them VERY seriously! If by the grace of God they fix the HORRIBLE situation they left me and my family in I will GLADLY amend my review. DO NOT FLY FRONTIER!!!! We had a flight delayed and the cancelled in Chicago. Everything that is posted about the amount of flights cancelled and the lack of concern for Frontier "Valued Customers" is ABSOLUTLEY true. Our flight was delayed by 2 hours and then cancelled because the pilot and crew had exceeded their allowed flight hours. It was 11 pm on Wednesday night. The next available flight through Frontier was not until Monday. My husband and I were both expected back to work on Thursday. Looking into other flights that were sooner we found all flights were well over the $400 cap that Frontier will reimburse you for. The only reason we were able to take our vacation in the first place was what we thought was a great deal on Frontier. At this point we were left stranded at the airport. We did not have that amount of money to pay to get home. For us our best, cheapest, quickest option was to rent a car and drive from Chicago to Phoenix. The insurance, which I also do not recommend, will do nothing to reimburse us because they state our trip was not interrupted by 12 hours. Which actually it was considering we should have been home Wednesday night and did not return home until Friday. Frontier did reimburse us for the cancelled flight which did not come close to the extra travel expenses we incurred due to their negligence in cancelling their flight. They are incredibly unsympathetic to causing their "Valued Customers" to be put in awful situations. the woman at the counter, Rosie, was as helpful as she could be, but gave us bad information. We were told that by choosing to rent a car we would be reimbursed for our car rental. FALSE. Not only did Frontier cause us to take on a GREAT deal of travel expenses that we were not financia

Worst Airline ever!!!

from Fort Bragg North Carolina

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

I don't even know where to begin with this review because there are just so many things wrong with this company mind you I am writing this review a week later after my experience with them that shows you how badly it affected me. Constant flight delays and excuses, lies from customer service and airline employees. Every flight that I flew on was delayed taking off hours late I had multiples layovers so that added up to a day each way for departing flight and returning flight times. My return flight which was delayed to begin with broke down, me and other Passengers was stuck on a hot plane with no A/C for an hour before they let us off. When they let us return to the hot plane which was after an hour it broke down again and we had to exit the plane once again. After two hours of waiting and excuses they told us if we wanted a full refund or to rebook that we could but they would not cancel the flight for some apparent reason. When I went to get information on my connecting flight and if I could possibly still make it the employee told me that the plane will be taking off in 30 minutes. I was told that I could get a refund for my returning flight not the price of my return ticket and that the next rebooking time is five days later! I had to be at work the next day last minute tickets for another airline for me was 800 dollars. When I told the employee that wont work for me what else can she do she told me my return flight has been refunded and that I can no longer board the flight if it does leave I asked her why did she do that I want to speak with a manger in which she walked away from me! not only did they not give my luggage back I was somehow kicked off the plane and had to buy a last minute flight home my luggage was returned to me three days later! Still no word or reason why my flight was never canceled, why couldn't have our luggage back after waiting seven hours for a plane that hasn't left, no refund, why was the employees so rude to us and lying to u

Don't fly with them if you're pressed for time

from Lutz, FL

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

Now, I'll explain my heading. My relatives flew to see us and their flight home was delayed over 5 hours, at first only 1 then kept getting later and later after they got to the airport. Another nephew was scheduled to come and his flight was CANCELLED the night before! He could not change his vacation days so ended up having to fly into Orlando, instead of Tampa 4 days later than planned. No compensation for that and they actually wanted to charge him for calling them instead of using the computer to pick the new flight. He was told there were no seats on Sunday and scheduled Monday, but when we looked later online there were seats Sunday so we tried to change to Sunday. They said NO, you already got your flight for Monday and we won't change it now. No compensation for the gas to drive 90 miles each way to pick him up at the wrong airport. The trip home was no better. His flight was delayed over and over, also. We had to sit around in Orlando waiting since we had already gotten there before they delayed the first time. Flight ended up being more than 4 hours late and had them getting in after 1AM on a day he now had to work since they'd messed up his dates in the first place. Everything was so frustrating and no compensation offered. Yes, their flights might be cheap but make sure you are not pressed for time and don't need to take much.

The only Airline I'll fly.

from Tucson Arizona

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

I love this airline . My grown kids live across the country and my youngest goes to see her father three times a year and this is the only airline I use. Reasonable prices. Great non stop selection of flights. My youngest flies as a minor and they take such good care of her .

Not worth it- don't be fooled

from St. Louis MO

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

Round trip St.Louis to Denver. The first trip went fine- nothing amazing, but fine with the expected cheap, tolerable flight comfort. The way back, however, is just a story of Frontier being not flexible, stubborn, and uncaring of each customer's circumstances. We stayed 4 days at Keystone for skiing, but the first day our friend got into a snowboarding accident and got a deep knee cut and underwent surgery. There was also inclement weather the last 2 days, where the last day had an avalanche and avalanche precautions that closed all major highways indefinitely. We needed to get home though, so we look for other small roads to make a major detour. One is closed, but another was miraculously open. 5-6 hours later, we finally make it to Denver and quickly pack our things (for airport standards) and go. It was rush hour traffic but we make it to the check in line. We stand for 5 minutes behind a large group checking in with 1 employee, but we eventually walk down to the other end where it looks emptier (weren't waved over or anything). The employee there says we are (literally) minutes past the 45 minute checked bag deadline, and is critical when we tell her our story and effort to get there. We are even willing to have the bags checked on their next flight the next day, but they tell us this isn't safe and they can't do it. The supervisor is busy on a customer service call for an "indeterminate time" so while my partner calls the number the employee jutted out to us, I run over to Southwest, who saved us and was understanding. They got us tickets and bags on the plane THIRTY minutes until boarding.
Long story short, if you are the perfect traveler and nothing bad ever happens to you and comfort doesn't matter, fly Frontier. Otherwise, the higher prices are worth it.

Epitome of Incompetence

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

Frontier is the worst business I have ever had an interaction with. Our flight to Cleveland was one of hundreds canceled out of Denver. They tried to claim it was weather related, even though it had been beautiful for days and no other airlines were having these problems. Lines were horrendously long to talk to customer service and remedy our canceled flight. We were lucky and only waited a little over an hour. The customer service agent seemed like she could care less. She was not helpful at all. She had no recommendations for us. We were told we couldn't fly into Cleveland until Friday! (Mind you, this occurred at 9am Monday) We finally got out of her that we could get tickets on a flight to Cincinnati.
The flight to Cincinnati got delayed 5 hours total. As hope that we would make it to Cincinnati that night ebbed away, we started looking for other options. We ended up being able to fly standby to Columbus. With all this bouncing around between flights, I was told we could fill out a form directing the airline to ship our bag to us in Cleveland when it landed in Cincinnati. When we landed in Columbus I asked where I could fill out the form and was told to call customer service. I called customer service and waited on hold for 2.5 hours! Upon talking to a person, she told me my bag had actually been pulled off the Cincinnati flight and was in Denver. She took the address for delivery and said the bag would be overnighted. Imagine my surprise when I got a voice mail the next afternoon saying I had to call Frontier baggage at Cincinnati and provide delivery information because our bag was actually in Cincinnati! Six hours and 20 phone calls later, I was finally able to get my bag shipped.
Does no one know anything? This fiasco is the absolute epitome of incompetence. And my story is better than some others. I made it home that day. The same cannot be said for everyone Frontier screwed over this past weekend.

I won't fly them again

from Denver colorado

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

I got to the airport an hour and half before my flight, I didn't have a printer so I couldn't get my boarding pass before I got there, I went to the kiosks and they weren't working Just clocking, I got in line and by the time I got to the desk, they said there were less than 45 minutes before flight time and wouldn't allow me a boarding pass, I missed my flight, i went to southwest and bought a ticket from them, I won't fly frontier again ever