2.6

2.6

Pros

Cons

• In-Flight Accommodations:

It was a pleasant travel experience. Great service.

My first official business trip after graduating college was also my first time to fly Frontier Airlines. I had previously flown all over on almost every other airline. I was very pleasantly surprised with my trip with Frontier. Needless to say I had a ton on my mind preparing for the business trip, and flying w/ them made the trip even less stressful. I booked the ticket through Priceline.com which booked me on my departing flight from OKC to Phoenix with Frontier (2 legs total, connecting in Denver). My return flight home was booked through another airline. After flying the 2 flights with Frontier though I would have to say I am somewhat disappointed that I am not using them to fly home. They will definitely be receiving my business the rest of the month, seeing as I travel 4 out of 5 weeks from to Phoenix. I would recommend them to everyone.  Their customer service and courtesy is second to none. They definitely go out of their way to help you as much as possible. I would also argue that their prices are the best, or at least very competitive. Especially w/ Southwest. Frontier was only $299, while SW was $750 from OKC to PHX. As a frequent air traveler, seeing the decline the last few years in airlines, its nice to know some are still making an effort to provide great Customer Service and not just trying to make a buck. SIDE NOTE: They give 2 complimentary (fresh) chocolate chip cookies. Little things are not forgotten with them, its a nice touch.

If You Support Our Troops, Do Not Support Frontier Airlines

I would give this airline zero stars if I could. They are the worst when dealing with customer service. My husband has been away from over a month training for his upcoming deployment to Afghanistan. The ARMY is constantly change so we had to make changes to his ticket. In this tight economy, it was not easy for us to pay the fee so I ask if there was any way they could waive it. At this point the "customer service" lady became very hostile and started talking down to me. I said, "I can't believe you guys are not will to accommodate an Active Duty soldier who is fighting for your freedom." Instead of understanding my frustration, and saying something like "if it were up to me, I would, but it's policy." she replied by saying, "I can't believe you would use that to try to guilt me into changing the ticket." Excuse me, but my 9 month old son and I have not seen my husband in over a month and it's Thanksgivings. My husband fights for her right to sit there at that desk and give me her attitude. I'm sorry that his job is always unpredictable and that he doesn't just get to sit on his butt all day and answer calls or have a flexible work schedule, but he is giving his service to this country and the fact that they were unwilling to help a soldier on thanksgiving break reunite with his family makes me sick. This airline is un-American and has lost all my future business and more importantly my respect. If you support the troops, you should not support Frontier Airlines.

I won't fly them again

from Denver colorado

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

I got to the airport an hour and half before my flight, I didn't have a printer so I couldn't get my boarding pass before I got there, I went to the kiosks and they weren't working Just clocking, I got in line and by the time I got to the desk, they said there were less than 45 minutes before flight time and wouldn't allow me a boarding pass, I missed my flight, i went to southwest and bought a ticket from them, I won't fly frontier again ever

Never fly with these guys!

from Seattle, wa

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

These guys suck make you take a photo of your bag under your seat or they charge you extra

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Don't fly frontier

from Phoenix, Az

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

This airline advertises low cost fare but what they don't advertise is that you have to pay for every bag you carry on.
I had one small carry one and had to pay $40 just to take it with me.

First time using Frontier and it was an awesome experience!!

from St. Louis, Mo area

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

We went with Frontier due to the direct flight to Cancun. The experience was awesome. We left 20 minutes early due to everyone there on time and boarded. Flight going home was delayed by 30 minutes but we arrived only 10 minutes later. Staff was excellent. We will always be using Frontier if possible.

Never Fly Frontier

from LaGrange, GA

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

I will never attempt to Fly Frontier again! Notice I said attempt. This airline left me (and 15 other people) at a gate after taking our money, bags and giving us a boarding pass. My bags did get to fly -- but I did not. They provided no support at the airport and have not bothered to follow up to inquire about the experience. Spend the extra money and make certain your trip is possible!!

I would no way ever buy or fly frontier airways again

from Dallas Texas Dfw

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

After being dropped off where i was supposed to be , I found out that due to construction my gate was now at the oppisite end of the airport. So after a mile sprint i approach frontier airline. My luggage consist of a carry on. Now they tell me my carry on is 1 inch bigger than regulation. Its gonna cost an additional 60.00. Okay i break out my wallet try to pay with cash and low and behold they dont accept cash. The frontier lady insinuated i was stupid. I should of known they dont accept cash. Well i had a bank card but due to somebody trying to gain access to my account it was frozen untili go to the bank to straighten it out. She informs me that imnot getting on the plane with that suitcase that clearly states that it is a " carry on " on the luggage itself. She proceeds to give me a plastic bag for a stroller and says this is the best she can do. Now this plastic bag is large enough to put a stroller in . and now shes telling Mr ill have to dispose of my lyggage myself. After arriving at my destination a young man in front of me gets the exact same size same color luggage that i used to own so i ask him did you have to pay a 60.00 fee . He responded o hell no. I guess it was my skin color. I wasnt the correct color for that day. So i get to carry all my things in a clear 100 gallon trash bag. Thanks frontier you really have your blank together. Ill never fly your airlines again.

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

from denver, co

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

WOW this was the worst flight I have ever had with Frontier. First off my family and I have been very loyal to Frontier for a long time and we travel for leisure at least once a month, more for business. My sixteen year old daughter was making a weekend trip to visit family last minute I decided to join her. The cost was much much much more but I booked my ticket anyway. We flew out on Friday and back home on Monday. My daughter wasn't feeling well while we were flying and during the middle of the flight she excused herself to the restroom and threw up. I asked the flight attendant for a ginger ale. The whole flight our reading lights were not working so the flight was very dark. Towards the end of the flight she again started not feeling well and looked at me with horror in her eyes. I search frantically for a "throw up" bag in the tiny seat pocket in front of me, nothing, then hers nothing..... She turns to me and vommits all over me and her, head to toe I am covered in her vommit. The gentleman in the isle seat gets up and goes to tell the flight staff and see if they can help us. He returns to our seat and gathers his stuff and moves seats. My daughter and I waited for a few minutes and decited to get up head to the restroom and change our clothes. When we were finished in the restroom and returned to our seats there was still vommit all over. We notioned to one of the flight staff to help us. She came by and handed my daughter a bag to put our vommit filled clothes in and started to walk away. I asked her if they could either clean it up or get me something to clean it. She turned around and never returned during the duration of the flight. We ended up using our dirty clothes to clean the area where my daughter was sitting and I took the gentlemans seat. When the flight landed I asked my daughter to stay seated and we would be the last to exit the flight when we did this we walked up toward the flight crew and told them again that the seats were really bad and

Pleasant trip

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

I was a bit hesitant to choose this airline for my round trip from Cincinnati to Las Vegas because of the negative reviews I had seen, however I'm glad I made the choice to go with Frontier. Upon reading the fine print on sites like Priceline and Travelocity about the airlines fees, I went on Frontier's site and purchased their classic plus option. For a little extra added on to the ticket, I was able to choose my seat, add checked/carry on luggage, and not pay anything at check in. They sent me an email with the details of the flight a day before with advisories on when to be there for check in. The staff at both check in counters were efficient and well staffed. Both flight crews were knowledgeable, and friendly. Maybe my terminals are different, but I can't fault Frontier for anything on this trip. The flight out to Las Vegas was on an older plane, but it was still comfy. The flight back to Cincinnati was on a newer plane, and was very spacious. Here's my advice to all that are in it for a cheap flight, check on the airline's website for fees, and rules. Do your research before you fly. The other airlines charge more because they add those fees in the ticket price already. You are going to pay one way, or the other.

Skimpy on service

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

The thing about Frontier Airlines that stands out most in my mind is waiting around at the Denver airport. Denver is Frontier Airlines' hub, and every flight I've ever taken with them has included a layover in Denver. I'm sure there are other flights they offer that are direct, but most include stop-overs in their Denver terminal, which isn't ideal, but if the price is right it can be worth it. Frontier is similar to the other low-cost airlines out there: you have to pay for most everything and they tend to nickel and dime you to death. Their service isn't great--they are frequently understaffed--but I've never had to deal with any rude employees. I would say that Frontier isn't my favorite and suggest that you fly another airline, but airline service in general has plummeted almost universally, so if you're going to fly a budget airline, they're all about the same (though Allegiant remains the worst, in my humble opinion).

Cheap Airline

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about Frontier Airlines:

Though Frontier Airlines occasionally has the cheapest fairs for where I need to go, I refuse to fly with them ever again. The only reason I didn't give them a one was because the fairs were inexpensive. The customer service is awful and the extra fees keep going up. I once had to call them and had to wait for over twenty minutes on hold and was then rudely told there was nothing they could do to help me. I've had similar experiences with other businesses, but the least they could do is be cordial about it and still have pleasant customer service. Beware that if you don't book through their website, they will charge you for carry-on luggage that has to be placed in an overhead bin. You will also be charged for regular drinks that would otherwise be free on other airlines. Be sure to do your research before believing that this will be your least expensive option. The only reason I would ever choose this airline again would be for a very short and inexpensive trip. Other than that I wouldn't recommend it for longer trips or those where you need to bring luggage besides a personal item.