Other Snacks & Cookies:
Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos

Hi. I am Jolie and I'm a (Baked) Cheetos Addict!

I have to admit that I am addicted to **Baked Cheetos**. I dont know when this fascination started, but over the last 6 months, I have developed quite the addiction. I can be found munching on Baked Cheetos for breakfast, lunch and as a pre-dinner snack. Add a diet coke to that (which I am not a big pop drinker) and I am eating like a champion. :)  Of course they dont really fill you up, so you need to eat half the bag... but that doesnt seem to bother me. It also doesnt preclude me from eating another full lunch and dinner. (I could be heading for disaster soon!)

The guys in my office laugh at me since I am always attached to my Baked Cheetos. But, hey... they arent any better or worse for you than Twix bars, Cheerio bars, Pop tarts and the frozen pizzas/ice cream that populate our work refrigerator... right??? Or, even worse, real Cheetos.

I love em. You  gotta try them.

My tip: Pick up a large bag and keep it in the kitchen. Then, pick up sandwiches from a local sub shop and pull out the **Baked Cheetos** as an add on....

A poor substitute when you crave the cheesy crunch

Baked Cheetos are about as wonderful as those fat free potato chips-(you remember, the ones linked to digestive distress because of olestra?)  I realize that companies are trying to cater to our more healthful nature, and provide snack foods that aren't damaging, but you also don't particularly want to snack on them very much.   In a side by side taste comparison with my kids....everyone was able to pick out the baked ones over their traditional counterpart without even tasting.  Even the coloration is less intense, the crunch less satisfying.  The orange fingers are actually worse, because the powdered cheese additives don't stick as well when the product is baked and therefore alot drier and grainier.  The politically correct, food police seem to have even reduced the sodium-either that, or with less cheese clinging to the baked items, you lose the saltiness of the snack.  The package has lesser ounces for the price than the traditional Cheetos, which is OK, because had it been the regular size package, I fear I would have been throwing away a goodly bit as uneaten.  As it was, the kids said that even with a bag clip, the baked Cheetos tasted flat, stale, and lost their crunch just overnight.  And don't think that you are going to take the larger package and divide it down into zip lock bags for use in the school lunches, because really nasty stuff happens from breakfast to lunch in that zip lock bag, and your formerly crunchy Cheetos are now as limp as linguini....There are some things that just shouldn't be fooled around with.  I don't think that the original Cheetos would kill any of us if we kept perspective and treated it as a snack and a treat.....I am not sure about the baked ones though....kind of takes away the urge to snack (Perhaps they should market it as a diet aid-an appetitie suppressant)

healthier snack

Comments about Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos:

I love the fact that these cheesy delicious Cheetos are baked. When I first saw the bag years ago, I thought no way it cant be better than regular ones. Little did I know they weren't just better but healthier too. My middle school swapped these for other chips and I'm so glad they did because these are a favorite.

from Georgia

Comments about Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos:

I like Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos. I like the flavor of the baked snack and how it fills me up on contact after eating only a few Cheetos. I like the crunchy, baked feel of the Cheetos and the cheese that gives the Cheetos its flavor. I eat this at work for lunch a lot of times and it definitely fills me up. The baked taste and cheesy flavor makes this a great snack for me. It not only has fewer calories than the original but also tastes just as great. I also like how this product doesn't have too much seasoning on the Cheetos as other brands do. This makes a great snack for any cheese lover like myself and I eat the Cheetos one by one because they fit perfectly into my mouth. They aren't too big or too little. They are just right.

Don't be fooled!

Comments about Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos:

With two young kids and a husband who is constantly munching on the most unhealthy snacks he can get his hands on, sometimes it is hard for me to keep my family and myself on a healthy diet. One of the most popular snacks in our household are Cheetos, so in an attempt to give my family something that was a bit better for them, I purchased the Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos. First, the price for these Baked Cheetos were slightly more expensive than the original, but they didn't contain any ingredients that were better for you, like organic or non-GMO ingredients. The ingredient list was also very long too, with over twenty different ingredients. They did have about twenty calories less per serving though. Now, these tasted like Cheetos that you left out for a day or two, and were a bit more chewy as opposed to crunchy. They had the same cheesy taste but it was less coated by all the cheese. If you are on a diet, and want to substitute the Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos for the original, I would recommend these. But, if you are looking for a healthier snack, find a different cheese snack on the market.

Not too bad!

Comments about Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos:

I am not a huge fan of baked chips, so I was hesitant to try these. Frito-Lays Cheetos are by far one of my favorite snacks. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried these baked versions! They taste exactly like the original, with a slightly different texture. They are still very crunchy and satisfy that Cheetos craving with half the fat and a lot less calories! Go try these out!

I was pleasantly surprised

Comments about Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos:

I bought these by accident once (thinking I was buying original Cheetos) and was pleasantly surprised. They taste and feel a lot more like regular Cheetos than you would think. In fact I kind of prefer them. They're a bit lighter and crunchier, with the exact same cheesy stuff on the outside. They're pretty good! Give them a try if you're a Cheeto fan whose trying to cut fat.

Like them almost as good as the regular Cheetos!

Comments about Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos:

I really like Cheetos especially the original flavor. There is nothing like having a bag of Cheetos and kicking back playing video games. My wife bought the Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos for me to try. I was skeptical at first then I tried them. They are actually pretty darn good and are suppose to be healthier than the regular Cheetos.

Don't waste your time eating these

Comments about Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos:

Although some of the Baked! versions of Frito-Lay products can be quite tasty, I find the Baked! Cheetos to be extremely bland and a poor representation of the original. If you are cautious about the calories/fat in regular Cheetos, I suggest just having a smaller portion or only having them as the occasional splurge, because these will not even come close to satisfying your cravings.

Way better than you'd think! Who needs regular Cheetos now!?

Comments about Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos:

Holy cow! So good! As good if not BETTER than the original Cheetos. I've been dieting using weight watchers and I can actually eat a serving of these with my lunch and I don't feel deprived at all!!! So good!

Cheesy and healthier!

Comments about Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos:

I love these! When i need a crunchy treat I totally go for baked cheetos! YUMMM! I think i like them better than their fried original because i am eating 50% less fat. Had these with a turkey thinwich and it was delish!

They are OK!

from Westland, MI

Comments about Frito-Lay Baked Cheetos:

I buy baked cheetos rarely, mostly because my children do not like them. I could sit and eat a handful of these. They are ok, could do without the cheesy fingers. And they tend to have a dry taste that is not to appealing to me.  Baked cheetos are a snack, that I could do without. Only if I have a taste for cheesiness will I buy these. I would say that these have a rating of  5 on a scale of 1-10.