3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Overall good brand that my cats eat in a variety of flavors

I've had good luck with the Friskies dry cat foods. My cats enjoy it in a variety of flavors. We try to spice things up every 2 weeks or so when we buy a bag of food for our three cats so we buy different foods each time unless I find something they are just crazy about. This helps me experiment a bit and it keeps the cats from getting finicky about what they eat.

Now--some varieties of Friskies are larger than others. I just really noticed this when we added a kitten to our brood that had a little trouble eating some varieties because some of the pieces are a big bigger. This isn't a deal breaker though because she triumphed through and picked out the smaller nuggets or broke the larger ones up until she could eat them.

The Grillers have probably been my cats favorite Friskies products and after that the Surfin and Turfin. I notice they like the indoor formula in this brand as well though it doesn't help their coats or hairballs much. The only dry food I won't recommend is the seafood sensations from this company. For some reason all three of my cats just aren't fans. One of them even tries to cover it up like it's something from the litter box.

All that being said, I give them an 8 of 10 overall. My cats literally meow and try to climb my leg to get to their Friskies while I'm pouring it . The food must smell really good to them. Also notice it doesn't go as stale as some other products but I recommend getting a bucket with a lid to store it in.

Quality of Ingredients
Although my cats really enjoy these products, they just simply don't have enough protein or Taurine in them. I always supplement with a protein meal from another company. Also, there's a lot of grains and vegetable products in this food. My cats just don't need all that. A little is good I suppose as it would supplement what they get in nature, but these grocery store brands have too much fillers in them.

Flavor Selection
They have a lot of flavor selections and several different lines. They also have treats and wet food available. A complete cat food and treat company.

they took out the chinese poison, and took out the taste

i have four cats.  stinky, the male is the oldest.  he is not picky, but he likes his meals and in "his" bowl.  when i tried the friskies in the purple bag, he turned his nose up.  but...it wasn't until after the "chinese poison in the pet food" scare and the pet food makers changed their recipes that stinky no longer liked the friskies cat food in the purple bag.  i have three female cats, checker and twinsie and twinsie.  they too, liked their food in their own bowls, until the recipes were changed after the chinese poison in the pet food scare.

now, i'm not sure what the pet food manufacturers were buying from the chinese, that ultimately was termed poisonous, but i feed more than 50 animals a day, and when the four cats no longer will eat the food after the recipe has been changed, i have to wonder if it was because whatever the chinese were putting in the ingredients for pet food had a yummy taste, or if friskies freaked out about the ingredients in their purple bagged food, and to be safe made it with bland, tasteless ingredients.

NEVER again!

Comments about Friskies Dry Cat Food:

We bought this to try to save money, and it was a mistake. This stuff is apparently like crack for cats, our older cat got very skittish and the yearling kitten became extremely hyper. Both cats went into an eating frenzy, crying for more of the food although they had each eaten a full portion. The kitten, who had been raised on premium food, literally attacked the food bin trying to get to the bag 20 minutes after eating, and when I left the bag out for a few minutes the next day, he mauled his way into it. I returned this to the store and bought them premium food.

Quality of Ingredients
I strongly suspect from the cats reactions that the ingredients aren't actually suitable for feline consumption. Dyes and preservatives aren't a part of the premium brand our cats thrive on, and I didn't like how they behaved eating this. Their behavior reminded me of children on a sugar rush.

Flavor Selection
They both apparently REALLY liked the flavor!

Overall good brand that my cats eat in a variety of flavors

Profile Image

from West Virginia

Comments about Friskies Dry Cat Food:

I have a cat that is a very picky eater and have tried many dry cat foods on the market. She is finally a happy cat since I discovered Friskies Dry Cat Food. I love that there is an assortment of exciting flavors with this brand. If she tires of one flavor I can always switch her to another one. This cat food has been around for many years and is trusted and recommended by many. I am so glad that I decided to try this, it's nice to have a happy, healthy cat. I highly recommend Friskies Dry Cat Food to all cat owners out there.

Quality of Ingredients
Friskies Dry Cat Food is a high quality cat food, 100% complete and balanced nutrition. There is many assorted flavors for cats and kittens of all ages to choose from.

Flavor Selection
That is the one thing I like about Friskies Dry Cat Food is that there are so many flavors to choose from. My cat is a picky eater and seems to get tired of the same kind so this way I can change flavors and know she is still getting the nutrition she needs.

• Flavor Selection:

Price and quality match up perfectly.

Comments about Friskies Dry Cat Food:

I gave the Friskies Dry Cat Food an eight because it has a good selection of flavors . My cats enjoy the Tender and Crunchy flavor. The dry food itself lasts very slightly longer than other foods like store brands. They dislike the seafood flavors for some reason. Even the Surfin and Turfin. Do not really know why though. They like tuna. As far as the bag goes it could use some improvement. If you have cats who tend to tear a bag of food open if given the opportunity I suggest putting the food in a hard plastic container. To keep it fresher longer and to keep you cat or cats out of it. My cats tore the bag open twice. The second time I put the bag in the bottom cabinet but they smelled the food and figured out how to open the cabinet door. So plastic container because the bag rip easy.

Quality of Ingredients
I give the quality of ingredients a 7 because it does contain some filler and makes cats poops really big. It fills them up don't get me wrong but they get hungry again faster and will eat again.

Flavor Selection
Although my cats stay away from seafood flavors there are just the right amount of flavors. You know a red meat, a poultry, a seafood and a seafood combo. What more do cats need really.

Cat approved!

Comments about Friskies Dry Cat Food:

My cats really enjoy their Friskies dry cat food. I have tried switching their food a few times because of a sale and my cats will not eat the new food. I have tried to switch to brands that are just as good as Friskies, but they will still not even touch another kind of dry food. I do not mind because I think Friskies is a great product that is great for my cat! It has good ingredients for an indoor cat. Also my cats my love it! Friskies dry food is also not very expensive and it goes on sale often. There are also usually coupons in the bag of food!

Quality of Ingredients
Friskies is a brand that I trust for my cats. I think that the quality of ingredients in Friskies dry food is great for my cats. I think that It provides them with the nutrition they need, which is very important because my cats are indoor cats that mainly eat dry food.

Flavor Selection
There are so many different flavors of Friskies dry food available. I am amazed by the variety they have for cats!

Comments about Friskies Dry Cat Food:

My cat is outrageously picky, this is one of the only brands of dry food he'll touch. He does however prefer wet food so he uses this as kinda an in between wet meal snacks. I don't know how much I would recommend this product for kitties with sensitive tummies though. My cat had trouble with hair balls when he was a kitten and until he got older we couldn't give him this without it making him sick, and even now he will still at times throw up after eating this. However, I dunno if it's this brand or just my cat.

Quality of Ingredients
I wouldn't wanna live off of it myself, let me just put it that way lol. However, like I said, my cat's very picky, so the fact that he doesn't sneer his nose up at it all together tells me that the quality of this brand of dry food is better than others we've tried to give him in the past.

Flavor Selection
Friskies does have a pretty good selection of flavors to choose from. If you're like me and know your pet really well ( I am a stay-at-home wife so I'm home all the time, therefore practically joined at the hip with my cat), it's not hard to figure out what they like and don't like to eat. For example: my cat hates any type of seafood or fish but absolutely loves liver, yuck. So I really like that I can choose the dry food flavor I think he will like.

• Flavor Selection:

Friskies dry cat food. Used to be a favorite

from Vancouver WA

Comments about Friskies Dry Cat Food:

My cats used to love this stuff up until a few months ago. They have been eating it for well over a year and it's all they ate. I opened a new bag a few months back and they ate it just the same with one side effect. Horrible spontaneous diarrhea. My cats were so sick and miserable and it seemed everywhere I turned there were new piles to clean up. I called the company and it turns out they changed their recipe and they suggested that was why my cats were sick. They didn't advertise or change the packaging so I had no idea there was anything different. To give them credit they did send me coupons for a different type of cat food that hadn't been changed.

Quality of Ingredients
I don't know what they changed in their new recipe but it was enough to make my cats sick for over a week.

Flavor Selection
The still loved the taste of the food and kept eating it even though they were sick, so it must have tasted good to them.

• Flavor Selection:

My cats are a big fan of this food!

Comments about Friskies Dry Cat Food:

Both of my cats love this food, it's my primary food for them and they don't seem to ever tire of it; maybe because the food itself has a nice mix of textures and different flavors in the same bag. Both cats will pick out their favorite bits first but they do end up eating all of it before they finish so they're not exactly finicky when it comes to this brand. It has a good texture for a dry food; not too coarse overall and not sandpaper rough either; I can easily crush pieces between my fingers so I know it's not too rough for my cats and they don't have any trouble chewing it. Even my older boy stomachs this food well and doesn't get weighed down by it; no sigh of stomach upsets with this one. It's an overall good food for a reasonable price and I've been able to catch it on sale several times so that makes it an even better deal. While I doubt it is as nutritional as some higher end brands it is a good supplement for that when fed in combination with a wet food for extra vitamins.

Quality of Ingredients
Average qualities for an average price, not anything extremely special in the nutritional value but okay for a steady diet base.

Flavor Selection
Nice variety of flavors to each different type; my cats have a favorite but they're happy to eat any of the various flavors.

• Flavor Selection:

My cats go crazy over Friskies!

from Snow Hill, MD

Comments about Friskies Dry Cat Food:

I was always raised to believe that if a cat is hungry enough, it will eat what you put in front of it. After moving out of my parents' house, I started to look into quality of food, price value, and overall ratings of different cat foods. I discovered that, while what I was taught might be true, it's not the way I wanted to treat my cats.
We have tried a few different brands, and my cats had a few they were ok with, and a few they didn't like. Then I brought home the first bag of Friskies. They went nuts! My previously thin cats have gained weight and muscle, and they are excited when I feed them now. After slowly phasing out the old food and phasing in the Friskies, we were hooked. I love that we can introduce different flavors, without having to worry about switching brands and making my cats sick.
Thanks to Friskies, my cats are healthier and happier.

The only thing I wish I could find is a good Friskies kitten food. Kittens should have a different food, because they have different needs, but I can't find any Friskies for kittens in my local stores. I'll have to see if we can find some elsewhere.

Quality of Ingredients
While it is not quite top of the line in price, the ingredients, overall, are high quality.

Flavor Selection
There are several flavors to choose from, and I know that regardless of what one I choose, the ingredients and quality will still be there.

• Flavor Selection:

My cat loves Friskies Cat food more than any other.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Friskies Dry Cat Food:

Friskies Cat food is a favorite for my cat, Chunky.  Chunky loves her friskies and if she sees the bottom of the bowl she has a fit.  The bowl isn't even empty, she just cannot stand to glimpse the bottom.  Chunky will carefully pick out each piece by its taste and eat one kind at a time.  She loves Friskies and will turn her nose up and glare at me if I try to give her any other brand.