3.3
Frigo
Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese

Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese

3.3

Nice, light cheese snack packing great taste and protein!!

You've got to love those string cheese options out there and I've already reviewed Sargento's String Cheese and the excellent Market Day brand.  Just when I thought I had tried them all, here is ***Frigo Cheese Heads Light Swirls Natural String Cheese***.

**WHAT THESE ARE:**

***Frigo Cheese Heads Light Swirls Natural String Cheese ***consists of 1-ounce "strings" made of two different cheeses "swirled" together in various flavor combinations.  I chose the ***Mozzarella and Cheddar ***combo.

**STATS:**

One 1-oz. cheese "strings" is considered to be a single serving containing 60 calories with 25 calories from fat.  There are 2.5 grams Total Fat, 1.5 grams Saturated Fat, zero Trans Fat, 10 mg. Cholesterol, 230 mg. Sodium, less than one gram Total Carbs, zero each Dietary Fiber and Sugars, and **8 grams Protein**.  Also on hand are 6% (D.V.) Vitamin A and 20% Calcium.

**TASTE TIP:**

The tasty flavor of ***Frigo Cheese Heads Light Swirls Natural String Cheese ***can be greatly enhanced by peeling them open, removing the wrapper, placing them on a paper plate and microwaving on high for about 10 seconds.  Here's another tip: nestle a ***Frigo Cheese Heads Light Swirls Natural String Cheese*** along with a grilled, boiled or baked hot dog in a bun, top with desired condiments and wait a couple minutes to eat so that cheese can begin to melt.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

At first, I was a bit disappointed in ***Frigo Cheese Heads Light Swirls Natural String Cheese ***because I prefer my Cheddar cheese to be aged and extra sharp and this cheese was quite mild.  In its own way, ***Frigo Cheese Heads Light Swirls Natural String Cheese ***is delicious, though, and the fact remains that many people prefer a mild Cheddar -- including children or young people whom this product seems to be targeted to.  If, as I suspect, ***Frigo Cheese Heads Light Swirls Natural String Cheese*** is meant to be an addition to a school lunch than another important feature is that these cheeses are easier to peel open and remove the wrapper from than most products of this type ... and eight grams of protein and 20% Calcium is not bad for a little snack like this.

UGH!!

Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese, Mozzarella variety. The other reviewers must have never tasted mozzarella in their lives. Well before their expiration date and with wrappers fully intact before opening, these taste like moldy basement floor. They are NOT FOOD.

has a bit of lemony flavoring and also very easy to eat

from san jose,can

About Me Health Conscious

Pros

• easy to open
  • lemony

Cons

• very slimey

• Snack

Comments about Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese:

it great for on the go snack and very good to snack on but the sliminess bother me when eating

These are wretchedly awful tasting to me

from San Jose, CA

Pros

• Well Packaged

Cons

• Lacks Flavor
  • Poor Texture

Comments about Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese:

These taste like they are held together with cellulose or something. Texture is far from what cheese should really be like. It is like eating twisted up paper.

tastes like mold

Comments about Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese:

I am not a picky eater. Im glad I'm not the only who thinks that they taste like mold. Disgusting! !!

Taste Moldy

Comments about Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese:

Even though they are not expired according to the sell by date and I don't see any mold on them, about 1 out of every 4 in the package taste really moldy. I won't be buying these anymore. This has happened multiple times, and we always end up throwing half the package away.

So far this is good.

Comments about Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese:

If you have kids at home, then this Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese will be great for you! My two kids love string cheese so we always buy it. They like it in their lunches or for a quick healthy snack before I start cooking supper. I was very impressed with it having lower calories than our regular brand.

Yummy!

Comments about Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese:

Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese taste so good! You can't tell that this a 'light' cheese. It is full of flavor! I love to eat them as a snack. Sometimes I add them to my lunch. You can just bite the stick as is, or savor it by pulling the strings of cheese one by one, which is how I eat my cheese stick! These are great to pack in kids' lunches too. They are so good!

Great string cheese!

Comments about Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese:

Both of my daughters and I really love the taste of this cheese. I used to buy a different kind, but my youngest daughter said she doesn't like orange cheese, so I bought this and she thinks it's great! You get several in a package for a great price. It's a very healthly snack that is also perfect for on the go too!

UGH!!

Good

from Topeka, KS

Comments about Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese:

This string cheese tastes pretty good for a healthier cheese snack. Regardless of whether you get the full mozarella cheese or mozzarella and cheddar swirled, both are a little more dry than full fat cheese but usually that is to be expected with a lower fat cheese. I feel the swirled cheese is more dry than just the mozzarella by itself.

Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese makes a Great Snack.

from Norwalk, OH

Comments about Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Cheese:

I have found and love Frigo Cheese Heads Light string cheese.I have nine year old twin boys and am always looking for a healthy snack that I can give them after school , in their lunches ar in the evening.It is very convenient because each Frigo cheese stick is individually wrapped.The fact that it is a string cheese makes it alot of fun to eat or the kids.Its such a good way to sneak some extra dairy nutrition into their day.We could all use a little extra calcium and protien.But its not just for kids.I also love Frigo Cheese Heads string cheese as a between meal snack.Being individually wrapped helps me keep from over eating.The price is the best part.Compared to other brands they are lower and I have been able to get really good coupons off their web site.But just because its a reasonable price does not mean you are sacrificing quality.Its made from a very moist great tasting cheese.Over all my family is very pleased with this product.