2.8

Frigidaire Stacked Washer & Dryer

2.8

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)

It is very space efficient and does not waste a lot of water

The front loading washer works well and is extremely quiet. The washer is so quiet that is can be hard to tell if the machine is even running without actually looking at it. The dryer is not as quiet, and I would say it makes about as much noise as a typical stand alone dryer. IThe machine is quite heavy and the packaging is bulky. We had two adult men to move the dryer from the driveway to the laundry area and it was a bit of a struggle at times. Obviously we expected a heavy unit for a washer dryer, but it was even heavier and bulkier than expected. The only annoying thing about this unit so far is that it does not seem possible to turn off the end of cycle alert for the dryer. It seems a bit odd for a machine that prides itself on being quiet to have a very loud annoying buzzer that can not be turned off. I am seriously thinking about taking the unit apart and finding the buzzer to disable it.

Frigidaire Stacked Washer & Dryer is below average-avoid it

We bought this stacked washer and dryer from Frigidaire a few years ago and have had plenty of time to see how it works. There are pros and cons with most everything however I gave this a low rating as follows:

Let's start out positive:

1. The washer has a good capacity-remember the first apartment washers that were so tiny you could barely gt two baby sleepers in there? OK, I exaggerate but you could not get more than one pair of blue jeans in there, that's a fact. Well, this model is an improvement on that.

2. The stacked style is very convenience as a spacesaver. My laundry room is more pleasing esthetically as a result of this machine.

Now the negative:

1. The cycles seem to go on FOREVER. It takes way too long to wash a load. I'm going to try and see how clean the clothes get with a shorter cycle but still...

2. The smallest load gives you a water level equivalent to washing one blouse. That's it. You might as well hand wash it and save lots of water.

3. The dryer has that most annoying BEEP that others have written about. What a pain! I want my husband to try and disconnect it; he has not found out how to do it next. Honestly, it is so aggravating, enough to put any housewife/househusband into a very bad mood.

4. There is a huge problem with excess lint piling up around the dryer door and the door sockets. I am conscientious about removing the lint with every load. But there is something attracting the lint all around the door and inside the bottom holes. Very annoying as it has to be vacuumed frequently or you get clothes full of lint all the time!

We do not recommend this unit to anyone.

FRIGIDAIRE MODEL FFLE4033QW0 STACKABLE

from MIAMI FLORIDA

Comments about Frigidaire Stacked Washer & Dryer:

I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS UNIT TO ANYONE, IT IS VERY LOUD DURING THE WASH & SPIN CYCLES DUE TO NO AGITATOR. I NEED A SERVICE CALL AFTER 16 MONTHS OF USE. IF YOU HAVE ONE -GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY, YOU WILL NEED IT!

No - Does not clean!

from Richardson, TX

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Large Capacity

Cons

• Does not clean

Comments about Frigidaire Stacked Washer & Dryer:

We have owned the Frigidaire Stackable Washer/Dryer Combo for three years. We have tried everything I can think of to improve cleaning: reducing size of load, changing detergent, adding more water to washer, presoaking clothes. The sad part is clothes are dirtier when they come out then when they go in. It seems like when the water drains or during the spin cycle the dirt in the water goes back into the clothing. This is my first experience with a stackable. I pray that all stackables do not work the same since I would really like to use one. But boy do I miss my 15 year old Maytag!

Horrible

from Kearny NJ

Pros

Cons

• Breaks alot

Comments about Frigidaire Stacked Washer & Dryer:

Horrendous!! Rebuilt from ground up and had to just throw the whole thing away. Too many repair visits.

Handy for a tight space, with small loads

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Frigidaire Stacked Washer & Dryer:

Though I can't rave that the quality of cleaning is as amazing as some of the modern normal-size washer and dryers, this stacked Frigidaire has been a blessing for my parents and their neighbors (who recommended it to them), who live in little modular homes and do small loads of laundry. If you pre-treat clothes with good chemicals, you can usually have nicely cleaned clothes, and you truly cannot overload it or you will regret it-your clothes will be less clean and knotted up more. It can be a bit noisy, but to me the noise of machines like this is actually soothing, as long as it doesn't make knocking noises. It seemed a bit expensive for being so small, but the price was average for stacked washers and dryers. I wish more companies would come out with more options for stacked washer and dryers, but this one does the job in a basic utilitarian sort of way. I think its worth a try for those in very small homes.

Frigidaire Stacked Washer & Dryer is below average-avoid it

from Glendale, CA

Let's start out positive:

Now the negative:

We do not recommend this unit to anyone.

Frigidaire fex831cso Washer Dryer Stackable

from Atlantic City, NJ

Comments about Frigidaire Stacked Washer & Dryer:

This washer/dryer combo has had nothing but problems.. It makes high pitched
        squeals and noises when drying. The clothes get wrapped around the agitator
        when washing. This unit is the worst product I have ever bought.Please do yourself
        a favor and buy from a different manufacturer. I received no help from the manufacturer
        and it was clear they could not care less.

Disappointed in the cleaning mechanism.

from Lenzburg, IL

Comments about Frigidaire Stacked Washer & Dryer:

We got the set for our summer home.  The washing action of this model does not clean efficiently.  I have a maytag set at home and never have to add stain remover since it cleans so well.  Even with the addition of stain removers, the Frigidaire still doesn't clean and remove stains.  The dryer does a good job.

I won't go back to a regular washer & dryer!

from Oakland, MI

Comments about Frigidaire Stacked Washer & Dryer:

I absolutely love my front-loading stackable washer & dryer combination.  It, like every other appliance, has it's quirks but I love the water, laundry detergent, and fabric softener efficiency.  It cleans just as good, if not better, than a regular washer and dryer.  I would prefer that the water entering into the drum would load through the back so that when I need to add more items I don't let water run out onto the floor.  I love the space I save since it stacks.  I would definitely recommend this and other front-loading stackables!

I will never purchase another Frigidaire product

from Geneva, OH

Comments about Frigidaire Stacked Washer & Dryer:

**We had purchased  Frigidaire stackable washer and dryer. The bearings broke in the dryer right after the warrenty was up. We are talking days after. We paid to fix that. One night we heard a strange noise and went to check. The dryer had caught on fire. My washer and dryer are in the basement, had we been sleeping or not home we could have died or came home to a burnt down house and all of our pets would have been dead. This was not my first frigidaire. The first one also broke right after the warrenty was up.  That one was a washer. Aslo after the dryer had caught fire, even though we put the fire out rapidly(after unplugging it) it filled my entire house with smoke. I had to remove my animals and the fire department had to use fans to air the house for an HOUR. I will never buy or recommend anything from frigidaire. I have also told people not to buy anytihng from frigidaire. I believe they are of very poor quality.******

Very useful but very noisy

from Ellicott City, MD

Comments about Frigidaire Stacked Washer & Dryer:

The Frigidaire stacked washer and dryer is a space efficient machine. It is useful, clothes come out clean and the dryer is very efficient. But the dryer is very noisy, so that could be a problem for someone. And the automatic drying feature isnt that useful. But its worth it, especially for some one who is living alone because the large load is too small for a family of 4.