4.1
Other Refrigerators:
Top-Freezer Refrigerators
Frigidaire
Frigidaire Top Freezer Refrigerator FFHT2117LW

Summary

Store and organize your groceries in this top-mount refrigerator that features plenty of storage space The humidity-controlled crispers and sliding glass shelves provide storage options for produce and large

Frigidaire Top Freezer Refrigerator FFHT2117LW

4.1

Frigidaire Top Freezer/Fridge combo - Pretty good Fridge

The only reason I give this fridge/freezer combo an 8 rather than a 9 or 10 is simply due to the fact that it is a little bit small for my taste. This was the first fridge my husband and I bought together (we are young newlyweds). And it probably is a very appropriate size for a young couple starting out, especially for the quality of the fridge and the price wasn't too bad. I guess I'm just spoiled to larger fridges lol :) The freezer is fine on size actually, it's mostly the fridge part I wish was a bit larger. I find myself having to use the interior door to store things I would like to place on the shelves sometimes, no big deal really, just more of a preference thing. The fridge has a temperature regulator so you can adjust it to suit your family's preference on coldness. We've never had an issue with the freezer icing over or anything like that. The freezer doesn't have an interior light though, that's another small inconvenience. Ultimately, it's a good fridge/freezer combo for a young couple starting out. Although it's a bit on the smaller side, it makes up for it in quality. We've never had to replace anything on it and it runs great and gets the job done.

Noise Level
I've seen quieter refrigerators in the past but it's not like it's gonna wake you up at night when it kicks on or anything like that LOL :)

Interior Organization
As I said it is on the smaller side to my taste. However, I do have to admit, for it being a smaller fridge they did a really great job with organizing the inside to make the space go as far as it could with what you have to work with. The interior door have a good amount of space and so the the fresh drawers at the bottom of the fridge.

Temperature Control
I've actually found the temperature control on this fridge to be VERY precise, and I mean this in a good way. I like my food to be just right (yeah I know, I'm very picky) and so this is one of my favorite features of this fridge. My parents fridge was much more expensive and much nicer than this one but this little fridge has it totally beat on temp. control!

This fridge is SO easy to clean, another major plus for this fridge! The interior is very smooth plastic shelving that can easily be removed and washed in the sink rather than shoving your head half way in there to try and clean the back, I really like this! Also, when you do have the shelves out it makes it so much easier to get to the interior sides of the fridge to clean the walls and stuff. Plus, the fresh drawers easily lift out, so no more having something gross fall down in between there and not being able to fit your hand down in between the drawers to clean!

We've never had anything go out or go wrong with this fridge yet, but we also have only had it for a couple years so I don't know how durable it will be in a couple more years time which is why I give it a 9 rather than 10.

Again, it's a bit small but it makes good on the space that is available.

Not impressed

This refrigerator was not a product that I was impressed with at all. Shortly after we had owned it for a year the freezer stopped working. We tried all of the trouble shooting methods mentioned in the manual, but nothing worked. We finally called out a repairman and he said that the entire freezer part needed replaced. He told us that it would be just as much to get an entire new refrigerator rather than replace parts in the old one.

Extremely worth the price

from Texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Install
  • Lightweight
  • Powerful
  • Sleek

Cons

• Noisy

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Frigidaire Top Freezer Refrigerator FFHT2117LW:

Love this for the price!

I'm happy with my new refrigerator

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Frigidaire Top Freezer Refrigerator FFHT2117LW:

I found myself in need of a new refrigerator last month, and decided on this one. The biggest issues for me were ton find a unit that didn't drain my savings account, had a reliable history, and was very energy efficient. All these criteria were met nicely, and I am highly satisfied.
    The design isn't dramatic, or fancy. It's very basic to look at from the outside. I'm okay with that. The shelving set up on the inside is nice. I can easily store numerous larger items with head space.
    The element I like least is the placement of the interior light. It makes the inside of my refrigerator seem darker. It isn't a huge deal, but had I thought of this prior to making my purchase, I might have looked closer and chosen a different model.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Basic yet Effective!!

Perfect amount of space!

Noise Level
    Never hear it. Super quiet.

Interior Organization
    Everything can fit well in this refrigerator and we buy in bulk.

Temperature Control
    Nothing sours or freezes due to temperature control.

Super easy to clean and maintain.

We have children and it can withstand them!

Simple yet effective design!

• Temperature Control:

Secondary refrigerator kept in garage

Comments about Frigidaire Top Freezer Refrigerator FFHT2117LW:

Bought this as an overflow unit. It is kept in the garage so noise is no problem though, when in the garage I can not hear anything. Set up was easy keeps temp settings.Do not have ice maker option. This seems to be a good refrigerator for the price point and would serve well as an apartment unit or extra with good space and open to all areas.

Have had unit 7 months

Frigidaire Top Freezer/Fridge combo - Pretty good Fridge

Temperature Control

Again, it's a bit small but it makes good on the space that is available.

Standard Fridge

Comments about Frigidaire Top Freezer Refrigerator FFHT2117LW:

If your looking for a basic fridge that gets the job done, without all the bells and whistels (for example ice-machine), then look no futher. This one just a basic fridge, but it does a great job of cooling and freezing in the upper compartment.

Noise Level
    Noise is not noticeable, unless no other activity is going on in the house, and you are next to the fridge.

Interior Organization
    Has side door shelving and shelves like any other fridge along with the basic cripser drawers.

Temperature Control
    Cools the fridge very nicely, but feely free to adjust the knob if you need it a bit cooler, or jus stick it in the freezer for a faster cool down.

Just get some basic cleaning spray and wipe down. Easily comes off any food gets spilt on the shelves or in the drawers.

Cools quickly and freezes fast in the upper compartment.

Doest have nice fancy bells and whistles, like a ice machine to crush your ice, but its a nice basic model, that you dont have to worry about other gadgets going wrong with it.

Good for the money

Comments about Frigidaire Top Freezer Refrigerator FFHT2117LW:

We bought this fridge because a side-by-side was too large for the space in our kitchen.

Our unit is very quiet.

Interior Organization
    Very good. Our unit has adjustable shelving with multiple drawers so you can organize your refrigerator to meet your personal needs and preferences. It was a great feature to have when our family changed and needs changed.

Temperature Control
    Never had a problem with temperature control.

All of the shelves are removable and easy to clean in a sink of soapy water.

simple

from Stevensville, MT

Comments about Frigidaire Top Freezer Refrigerator FFHT2117LW:

After purchasing my home I had to look for a refrigerator because it did not have one.
    I chose this refrigerator because of its simple design and that it fits well in the kitchen. It has lots of storage space and shelfing. Also it is very easy to clean.

A good basic refrigerator

from In Upstate, NY

Comments about Frigidaire Top Freezer Refrigerator FFHT2117LW:

We purchased a very expensive refrigerator when we first had our house built. We had nothing but problems with it! So, last year, after having repaired many times, we decided to get a new one rather than continue to sink money into it. This time , we decided to just go with a basic fridge and skip all the bells and whistles that we never really used anyway. I have been satisified thus far with this refrigerator. Of course, it is only a year old, so one would not expect any problems. It is basic, nothing fancy, but it looks nice. I wish the freezer were a bit bigger. The storage bins are nice in the fridge part. It is quiet. The temperature is true to the dial, and it is energy efficient. I noticed a decrease in our electric bill in the next month's bill. Our other one was not energy efficient due to its large size. It did take some getting used to when we purchased this one, because it is so much smaller than our other one, but I was finding that we were stocking the other one up, and often the food would spoil because we did not use all that we bought. I grocery shop weekly anyway, so I really did not need to do all that prior stocking up on food anyway. This way, we have less spoilage and less waste. That, combined with the decrease in our electric bill, made for a very smart purchase!

I really love my Frigidaire Top Freezer Refrigerator

from Mayville, WI

Comments about Frigidaire Top Freezer Refrigerator FFHT2117LW:

This refrigerator is very large on the inside. It has so much storage for large pitchers, an in door milk gallon and other beverage holder, ample shelf space and much more. I have a large Zero Water Dispenser and it fits awesome in the fridge.