4.1
Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator

Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator

4.1

• Temperature Control:

Not a very fancy fridge but priced well and gets the job done.

We got this Fridge for a great deal and being tight on money it was perfect for us. It wasn't as fancy as all of the other fridges in the store but it would get the job done and it wasn't the worst one on the lot either. I loved that the door was big enough to put a milk jug in it and tall enough to put a 2 liter of soda in it. I also Really liked that the shelves were glass. Even though its a little harder to get them out to get them clean it looks nicer. The drawers are clear too and I enjoy that so I can see all of the produce I have in there and use it up before it goes bad. The only down side is that it is a bit noisy sometimes. The crispers work amazingly well and I like that you can adjust the tempature on each crisper.

Noise Level
It is not noisy all day but the motor does get noisey multiple times a day.

Interior Organization
Lots of drawers and space that you can arrange however you please.

Temperature Control
You can adjust the crispers to their own tempatures as well.

Its very easy to wipe clean as it is glass but hard to get the shelves and drawers out to do a good cleaning in the sink.

It is designed well for being a cheaper fridge.

A Pretty Good Refrigerator But Leaks

I own this Frigidaire refrigerator and I like the look, and the price. There is a lot of space to put your food, and the shelves are nice as well. The only thing that I do not like is that my refrigerator leaks. I cleaned the back of the refrigerator many times because I was told maybe the fan needed to be cleaned. Nothing is working. I think I will be looking for another refrigerator. I'm not sure what to do. I keep a plate in the fridge in the back so the water that leaks from the freezer does not ruin my veggies, and fruits. Sometimes it also freezes my food. I also fixed the temperature but continue to have issues with it. Overall, I still like the Frigidaire refrigerator. I like the design, because it's simple and clean, as well as how easy it is to clean.

Noise Level
I don't have problems with noise

Interior Organization
I love the shelves and the space to put in my veggies, and fruits.

Temperature Control
I keep having issues with my food freezing even at normal temps.

It's really easy to clean

This fridge is made to last.

I like the design simple and clean.

Great value

from Missouri

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

This fridge is perfect for a small kitchen or limited space. I have had this fridge for 9 years now, no issues at all.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Randomly stopped working after the 1 year warranty expired

from Seattle WA

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Energy Efficient

Cons

• Noisy
    • Unreliable

• 2nd Refrigerator

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

This model started randomly not working after 1 year. Even though the light is on, and temp settings are cranked, it wouldn't go on. Unplug, plug back in, starts working. A day later, it's off again, no matter what setting.

DO NOT BUY!

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Pretty good for the price.

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We bought this about a year ago to replace our old refrigerator when it suddenly went out. Even though this one is pretty basic I really needed a fast and affordable replacement more than I needed extra features and this model fits the bill perfectly! I tend to be kind of hard on appliances, I have not been babying this one at all and it has been working fine. It is fairly easy to keep clean and has lots of frost free freezer space and the crisper drawers are amazing! I like that it has glass shelves on the bottom so I can easily see what is in the drawers below. I can even keep my soda pop in the door and they stay really cold. All in all if you just need a no nonsense appliance from a name brand that is well known and that keeps your food from spoiling this is a good choice. The finger print free finish is great and it is fairly quiet and I believe you can get an ice maker with it if you want one. Just buy it!

Not too loud.

Unreliable. Sucks.

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Had two freon leaks. One 6 months after purchase. They repaired it. It broke again just after it went out of the year warranty. It was a refrigerator supplied by PG&E energy savings assistance program. They will not repair or replace it. I now have to purchase a refrigerator on my own. PG&E sucks and so does this refrigerator. It never worked good and I think they should be recalled. Lost all the food in the frig and freezer twice.

Runs loud.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I have this model in my apartment.I've been here for three months so I've had some time with it.
    The worst thing about it is how loud it runs.Even considering this is an older model refrigerator.I'm not sure if the cooling fan or other mechanical components run heavy or what.It cools nicely.I found that out a few nights ago when the lights were out until mid morning.The food was still cool and didn't go bad.

The ice maker cycles on about once a day.That is reasonable and I usually need ice within that time frame.
    There aren't many storage compartments.I'd consider that another downside.For a top freezer refrigerator it offers a lot of space though.It's just that I prefer closed storage areas versus open storage space.
    While the refrigerator compartment cools food efficiently,the freezer doesn't do so well.
    The ice cream I've had in there is always soft and never freezes solid.It makes me worried about storing meat in there.

Overall,it's tolerable only because the refrigerator is spacious and cools well.

Noise Level
    Runs frequently and noticeably loud.Even for an older model.

• Temperature Control:

This is a great refrigerator!

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

We have this refrigerator and have never had a problem with it. The freezer is on top and fridge on bottom. Ice makes in the freezer works great. There is plenty of space in the fridge to store food. There are three drawers for fruits, veggies, dairy, etc. It really is a great fridge!

Noise Level
    Our fridge never makes a noise that I notice. It is very quiet. The only thing I ever hear is the ice maker from time to time.

Interior Organization
    I like the set up of the inside. There is plenty of space and we always organize our food in the same way. We put all our produce in the bottom drawers and it stays fresh throughout the week.

Temperature Control
    We keep ours set on the same temperature. It has stayed cold during times we have lost power as well.

I wipe mine out frequently. Very easy to clean.

We have had it for about 2 years and have not had any problems.

We have a stainless steel design. You can see fingerprints on it but it looks really classy when you clean it off. Overall, I really like the design of it.

• Temperature Control:

Functional, simple, and easy to clean.

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

If you're looking for a refrigerator with all the bells and whistles, this isn't the one for you. But if you're looking for a roomy, simple fridge that will keep your food cold, you won't find one better for the price. Overall, I'd rate this refrigerator a 9 out of 10, taking a point off for it's one flaw: the door shelving.

This refrigerator is not small- in fact- it's quite huge. Unfortunately it's not that "bigger from the inside" kind of huge, either, so make sure you have room for it in your kitchen (especially on the right side, or you'll have trouble with the right crisper drawer opening all the way).

It has three shelves: the top one with a small drawer hanging from it (for cheese?) and the bottom one holding the two crisper drawers. There are also three shelves inside the door, including the butter keeper. The main shelves are great- not too short or impeded by extra hanging drawers. Unless you need to keep more than one shelf of very tall (taller than milk) items, you shouldn't have any problems. As far as the shelves in the door, however, err on the side of caution. It's tempting to put all your condiments and glass jars of this and that in those shelves for easy access- but don't. Don't put anything on those shelves that will explode, spill, leak, break, open, or suffer from crashing to the floor. They're secured by "resting" over shallow hooks, one on each side. It doesn't take more than a bump from the elbow to un-hook one, or both sides, dumping the whole shelf into the fridge and onto the floor. I've had this refrigerator for a little under a year now, and I think we've "lost a shelf" at least once a month. Usually the middle or top one, as we're putting things into the bottom of the main compartment. Usually my fiancé. If you don't mind this flaw, or feel inconvenienced by having to re-locate your glass jars and open cans etc, you'll love this refrigerator. Another solution might be to glue or tape the shelves on- but I haven't been that bothered by it. If you see yourself having a stroke over the pickles breaking open as you tuck in your last milk carton, move along.

Rarely "kicks-in".

Interior Organization
    No extra compartments wasting storage space.

Temperature Control
    Minimal, but unnecessary. The freezer tends to run a little too cold.

Be careful with the glass in the bottom shelf.

Very spacious

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

This refrigerator is the best one I have ever had. It is spacious; it has room for everything. I love how I can put tall drinks in the door. It runs quiet and it did not cost me an arm and a leg. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a refrigerator with lots of room and very affordable.

• Temperature Control:

Wish it was quieter but no other complaints.

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I've had this refrigerator for a couple of years and haven't had any problems. Like other people have said, it does make a fair amount of noise, but I think I've gotten used to and it doesn't really bother me anymore.

Noise Level
    The noise level is the only real problem I have with this refrigerator. It has a fairly loud running "white noise" which isn't so bad, but it sometimes makes a kind of clunking sound which can be annoying. It's done this since day 1 and has worked fine, so I know it isn't something that has broken recently. Mostly I can tune it out.

Interior Organization
    This is a pretty basic refrigerator, but the shelves and drawers are movable so you can set it up however you need it.

Temperature Control
    The temperature control is good. It's easy to adjust and works well.

The shelves and drawers come out easy for hardcore cleaning, but they also wipe off easily if you want to leave them in. They shelves have a lip to keep spills from spreading, which is a great feature.

No problems with this refrigerator since I've had it.

I like the look of this refrigerator a lot. I have the rest of the appliances in this line, and they all look good together.

• Temperature Control:

a very simple product but very durible

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I'm very pleased with this fridge. Owned it as soon as I got my apartment and was very pleased with it. It did get pretty cool just not that much organization room. I did notice that it tended to get dirty and disorganized quite easily. Overall it was good for a 1 or 2 people home
    I'd recommend something bigger for a bigger family