Other Refrigerators:

Cons

good, reasonably priced refridgerator

from Prior Lake, MN

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

3 years old, have had no problems at all, stays nice and cold both freezer and refridge, ice maker works great and was easy to hook up. It is very quiet, seldom hear it running, unless I concentrate on it.

Noise Level
I very seldom hear the refridge at all. Only when I'm in the kitchen and very near the unit. My living room is right next to the kitchen and it never is heard.

Interior Organization
Plenty of good sized shelves and door space, two nice sized humidity controlled crispers are really handy, and very easy to clean. The clear cover over the butter compartment is nice too.

Temperature Control
the control is simple and basic. I haven't had to change the setting since the first couple of days when I originally set it to my desired temperatures. the freezer temperature is perfect, and refrigerator temperature is perfect.

All the shelves are removable and easily washed, the two crisper bins are easily removed for cleaning. The door shelves are easily cleaned with a simple wipe down, or occasional soaped rag, for dirtier cleanup.

Gaskets are holding up very well, just wipe occasionally. Doors both close and seal nicely. it is only 3 years old, so I would expect it to hold up for quite a while.

It's a basic design, top freezer unit with ripple texture on the doors. It has nice sturdy handles. The door hardware is very durable, and operate very freely.

Love my Fridge

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I have the model FRT18IL6DMD the stainless steel one. Plenty of space and fits into tight space quite nicely. We have the feature where you can make ice cubes if you attach the line to a water line and it fills up the trays in the freezer. I love this refrigerator. It is stainless steel so the material does not scratch. Just fingerprints need wiping off but for the most part looks clean. I like the inner shelves that you can take out for cleaning and it empties out so you really can clean the insides. The only feature I find weak are the side panels. If you have milk cartons or juice bottles to the side the holder is not sturdy since it is made of plastic. But overall this is a durable refrigerator.

Basic Refrigerator

from Carlisle, PA

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

The Frigidaire Refrigerator was here when I moved in, So I'm not sure how old it is. I love that it's extremely easy to clean. All the draws can be removed along with the glass shelves. Just wash and put them back in. There are two crisper drawers on the bottom along with another drawer that is perfect for cheese and deli slices. There are a few holders on the door as well that come off and are great for holding soda's, juices, and condiments. It also has a place for eggs. The freezer has a decent amount of space and also has an Ice maker. Our ice maker no longer works, but that isn't too big of an issue. There is not freezer frost left in the Freezer. So it freezes perfectly. I can also see everything, which is a big deal for me (I'm short). This is a basic refrigerator and it's not the prettiest but does a great job!

• Temperature Control:

Sleek, easy, works very well.

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

This has been a great refrigerator. I've had it for 2 years and never had any complaints about it. It is easy to clean, has a built-in ice maker, and I like that I can see everything (that has been a complaint with past fridges). I have never had an issue with noise from my fridge-the only sound I ever hear it make is once in a while, when it drops several ice cubes at once. The ice maker-by the way- is very fast at making ice.

Noise Level
I have no complaints. The only sound I ever hear it make is when it drops several ice cubes at the same time. Even that is not loud, just barely noticeable.

Interior Organization
I love that the door shelves can hold gallon jugs. This frees up so much room on the main shelves and means that I don't have to move a heavy gallon every time I want something from the back of the fridge!

Temperature Control
No complaints about the temperature controls either. They are pretty straight forward, easy to use, and easy to get to.

Everything is removable! I've had a child knock over drinks, etc. in there and it took no time to clean the mess up. The shelves in the door are not only removable, but also are closed so if liquid gets spilled in them, it won't go all over the fridge or your floor.

House with kids, pets, clumsy wife, less than careful husband-still the fridge lives on.

Sleek, curvy shape of handles makes it look more contemporary than other fridges I've seen.

• Temperature Control:

Frigidaire is a good brand, but be careful of the model you get.

from Woodland Park, CO

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

The Frigidaire FRT18IL6DWC top freezer refrigerator has its good points. One is ease of cleaning. Everything is removable on this model. The fridge has five removable clear plastic bins in the door, and a built-in butter keeper with a removable plastic door. It has two clear plastic crisper bins and another small bin that is good for cheese and cold cuts. There are three (also removable) glass shelves. The freezer has two removable bins in the door. All this makes for easy cleaning. Just take all the bins and shelves out, wash them, and put them back.

Anther feature: a separate humidity control for each of the two crisper bins. The freezer stays defrosted pretty well, too.

There are things to dislike about this model, though. One is that the settings don't stay set. You'll have to mess with the temperature controls at least twice a year when things start to freeze. That isn't a really big deal, though. The biggest problem is that the motor is very loud. This is the noisiest refrigerator I've ever heard. It comes with an icemaker kit, but installing this would just make it louder.

I still think Frigidaire is usually a good brand for appliances. But this model isn't the best you can do.

Frigidaire FRT18IL6JW3 is a basic fridge.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

**Frigidaire FRT18IL6JW3 is not one of those hi-tech fridges with electronic controls and buttons. When it was time for our old fridge to go we wanted a similar looking more efficient replacement. This one seems to fit the bill. It has decent space, 2 bins on the bottom for fruits and veggies, 3 glass shelves and couple door shelves. it has one master dial that controls both freezer and refrigerator. Ours came with optional ice maker which i have to say comes in handy especially in the summer. Overall its an OK fridge, nothing fancy but at the same time nothing bad either.**