3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

Great fridge for a lower cost.

I would like to start off by saying that we actually did not buy the Fridgidaire FRT17G4BW refrigerator, but it had came with our house when we bought it.  Ever since the first day of us moving in her it has worked like a charm.  It still works just fine even until this day.  We have lived here for over 5 years now and have not had a single problem.  The only reason why I even thought about writing this review was because in the past 5 years my parents had gone through 4 regrigerators.  All the newer fridge's carry a one year warranty, and it seems like that is exactly how long they last.  I feel very lucky to have such a great working fridge.  Not only does it work great, but it is Energy Star certified which saves us quite a bit on our monthly costs.  The ice maker is a bit noisy, but this is a very minor complaint compared to how great this fridge has worked.  I would recommend this fridge to anyone.

I hardly ever hear it

Temperature Control
the back if the fridge gets colder than the front. Sometimes if left in the back for too long, things will freeze.

everything in the fridge come out, so its easy to clean.

its still going strong!

Not very reliable

I purchased a Frigidaire Frt7g4bw top load refrigerator in November 2003. It did alrigh initially but has not held up very well over the years. I remember when Frigidaire Refrigerators lasted 10 or 15 years or more. We had one when I was growing up. My mother in law had a Frigidaire that she used for about 8 years then gave it to us when she purchased a new one and it worked well for my family for 5 or 6 more years.This refrigerator started having problems after only 2 years. The shelves are made of cheap plastic and have cracked. The handles in the side of the door that hold the food in have all broken in half. At times the freezer will stop working for several hours then start up again. This makes it hard to keep ice frozen. As soon as my budget allows I will shop for a more dependable brand. This refrigerator does have lots of space and it was a decent price but in the long run it was not worth it.

Solid piece of machinery

from united states

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

If you need a refrigerator for your apartment, go out and purchase the Fridgidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator.

Noise Level
There is hardly any noise that comes from the Fridgidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator.

Temperature Control
The temperature control of the Fridgidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator is basic. While you do not have a digital control over the system, the temperature stays at a constant temperature. The freezer does not get iced over.

The outside surfaces of the Fridgidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator are amazing. Substances that may spill on the outside are easily wiped off. In addition, fingerprints are rarely left on the external surface.

Not only do we have a Fridgidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator in our own apartment, but we also have Fridgidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerators in our rental properties as well. They are a solid piece of machinery that have little to no issues.

The refrigerator is exactly what we needed. It fits perfectly in the tight space that we have allotted for it in our apartment.

Great Refrigerator from Frigidaire

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Last year our refrigerator went out and we had to buy a new one. We had bought our new refrigerator on sale, because the refrigerator had scuffs and scratches. The refrigerator we had bought was a Frigidaire top-freezer refrigerator. The top freezer refrigerator is great. .

Noise Level
At times the refrigerator can get a bit noisy, but I can usually only notice and hear it at night, when my kids are in bed.

Temperature Control
The temperatures of the freezer and the refrigerator are controlled on two separate knobs. The refrigerator works great at keeping our food fresh and cold.

The refrigerator is much easier to clean than my other refrigerator. The drawers and shelves remove with ease

We have had the Frigidaire top freezer refrigerator a little over a year now and we have not had any problems.

The top freezer refrigerator from Frigidaire has plenty drawer and shelve room. It has two bottom drawers where you can put fruit or vegetables in. It also has a small drawer where you can put food such as lunch meat or cheeses in. The refrigerator also has two shelves. I usually can fit about 3-4 gallons of milk on one of the shelves. The refrigerator door also has three shelves where you can store stuff as well. A great buy if you ask me.

Wouldn't Buy Again

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

It's a great refrigerator, but poorly designed door shelves. This is why I gave it such a low rating. If this was redesigned it would be an excellent fridge. It's easy to clean, quiet, and has last us so far over 4 years. Soon we'll need a new one, only because the broken door shelves, two of the three broke. I could buy new ones to replace these, but I know they'll be broken in a year or so, and I'd probably be wasting my money.

Noise Level
Pretty quiet for an older designed refrigerator. You can hear it kick on when it turns on, but it makes a humming sound, like most refrigerators, but it's not loud.

Interior Organization
I think this is the worst part of the refrigerator. The shelves remove pretty easy for cleaning, this is the only nice feature to the design. First, it's hard to get the middle drawer out of the shelve compartment for deeper cleaning. Next, the door shelves broke within the first year of owning. A refrigerator takes a lot of opening and closing. These shelves that attach to the door were not designed to take it. It has little notches to slide the shelves into, and part of it broke off of the shelves, two of them in fact. I wish I had bought a side by side, anything but this refrigerator.

Temperature Control
Great temperature control settings.

The shelves remove easily for deep cleaning, and it's easy to take apart. The bottom glass detaches from the double drawer compartment so you can clean both sides. The only hard part about this refrigerator is taking the middle drawer out of it's shelf. It's almost impossible or just too hard I usually clean the under side of the glass with the drawer inside, which is pretty hard to clean.

Not durable because of the shelves that broke so easily where they attach to the door.

The manufacturers need to redesign the shelves to the door. Make a different, or sturdier way to attach to the door down in the fridge compartment.

Gets the job done

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I got this refrigerator as a second one to keep in the basement and supplement my primary refrigerator in my kitchen. Overall, I am very happy with it as it does exactly what it is supposed to do. It's not super fancy and it doesn't look amazingly sleek or sexy, but who needs that anyway? I'm also glad it doesn't have a water filtration system in the door, as well as an ice dispenser. Again, these things just end up taking away room from inside the refrigerator, so they could be nice to have (not that I ever use those things), but certainly not worth it, especially when your main goal is storage, like mine is.

I do wish that the freezer was on the bottom and the refrigerator was on the top, just because I use it more and would have to bend over a lot less, but that's a pretty minor issue. However, it comes at a great price, and for that reason above all else, I would definitely recommend.

• Temperature Control:

Solid freezer fridge and freezer for a good price.

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

This fridge is a lot cheaper than a lot of other models but is a much better deal. In my opinion, I wouldn't pay the extra for the others. This one has a big storage space and is quiet and seems to be built very solidly. I give my endorsement.

It is a little hard to take all of the parts out to clean.

• Temperature Control:

Great buy if you are on a budget it works as good as the price

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I have always been a huge fan of these types of fridges. They are long lasting and great for durability. We have had one of these for many years. The one we had just recently broke and I am wishing we had another. This is great on cooling,even the refrigerator part can go as low as the freezer. Perfect if you need extra freezer space or like cold pop. The control is done by a small knob and unfortunately the knob breaks very easily so if you have it set on not so warm it may freeze everything in the freezer size. The top part stays very cold. But it doesn't have very good organization in it.

Noise Level
Older models always have the issue with noise. It sounds like a plane is about to lift off some days.

Interior Organization
The organization is wire shelves. Easy to take out but the parts not attatched to the fridge are a hard clean. The top part is very hard to organize and isn't very big.

Temperature Control
Giving it a seven because I am not fond of frozen pickles in the fridge.

Wire shelves come out easily but the issue is the parts not attached are way far into the back and take some scrubbing.

They will last years!

The old simplistic design

Good Fridge

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Frigidaire has always made refrigrators i can count on.

Noise Level
I hardly notice it running

Interior Organization
I wish there was a little more flexibility to the space distribution.

Temperature Control
The temp control is alittle nob in a hard to see place.

Sometimes its hard to remove the crisper drawers to clean under them.

I had my last one for almost 10 years.

Its a pretty standard design, i like having 2 crispers and a dedicated meat drawer.

• Temperature Control:

You can relay on this refrigerator.

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

This refrigerator doesn't have all the fancy feature but it is worth every penny if you looking for a simple refrigerator.

Never make a sound.

Temperature Control
Never have problems adjusting the temperature.

Doesn't have too many fancy departments, but has enough.

Love the style of this refrigerator. Nice and simple.

• Temperature Control:

Very good product for value

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

Overall, this refrigerator is simple, not that expensive and very energy efficient I found it very easy to set up and use. Cost was very reasonable for what you will get. It seems to be very energy efficient compared to my last refrigerator easy to use thermostat, door seals are still in great shape after continuous use for past year,( almost) anyway. Freezer is on top and big enough for me being a single male that lives alone. I am also pleased with being able to use while in my wheelchair, as I am a paraplegic, confined to a wheelchair, so use of getting in and out of this refrigerator was and is very helpful as well as important factors I considered when I made my purchase of this piticular frige.

Noise Level
I hardly ever hear this refrigerator's motor running, even if i am right in front of. The noise level is very low and very quiet so far

Simple yet effective

Keeps good temps

Very easy to clean

So far, so good

Perfect design for me

• Temperature Control:

In my opinion It is an okay product but I'd like changes.

Comments about Frigidaire Top-Freezer Refrigerator:

I think it needs more room and compartments for food storage. I like to grocery shop almost always, once a month and it's hard to fit it all in the fridge.

Noise Level
it makes quite alot of noises and gets loud sometimes.

Interior Organization
It needs more compartments and space.

Temperature Control
it keeps my food pretty cold but it could keep it colder