3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

This is a good refrigerator.

Overall this is a pretty good refrigerator. I have had a couple minor problems that have been easily fixed. The first problem I had was with the ice machine not dispensing. It turned out that a piece on the ice tray was not connecting properly to the piece in the freezer that turns the ice dispenser. I searched online and quickly found that I needed to turn the piece in the freezer and all has been ok with the ice dispenser since then. The second problem is that the vent in the refrigerator sometimes collects moisture that freezes onto it, blocking the flow of cold air. This happens about once every 2 or 3 months and just take a butter knife and chip out the ice. It also freezes anything I put near it. I had to stop putting lettuce and picante sauce on the top shelf for this reason.

Noise Level
The ice machine is loud enough that we can hear it in the living room when the ice is coming out.

Interior Organization
I love how easily the shelves come out and can be placed at different levels.

Temperature Control
Sometimes stuff on the top shelf freezes.

All of the shelves, drawers, and door compartments come out for easy cleaning.

So far I haven't had any damage other than minor scratches on the outside and one of the door compartments getting a small crack. I tend to be pretty rough with stuff and have 3 young kids so I see this as minor damage.

One of the shelves in the freezer has a horizontal peg that sometimes comes out of the hole and causes the shelf to sit uneven.

struggled with temperature

I loved the water and ice maker feature. The interior design also had an efficient layout for our busy family. Where we struggled was with temperature consistency. We had dairy, especially milk, and fresh meat (chicken) going bad before use-by dates. The temperature reading on the door never matched the thermometer that we purchased and placed on the top shelf. We had to have it repaired several times and eventually replaced. We also struggled with the icemaker. It would overproduce and even after checking the shut off lever, it would over full and get stuck. All this in a 2 month old product.

Noise Level
The sound of the ice dropping was a bit shocking and the sudden hum of the water refill a bit loud.

Great layout for our busy family

Temperature Control
Food was spoiling before Use-by dates!

Didn't have it long enough to clean.

It never completely worked from the start.

Really liked its exterior appearance.

Good fridge

Comments about Frigidaire Silver Mist Side-By-Side Refrigerator:

I like having the double doors side by side. It does have the ice/water in the door. Lots of compartments and shelf space.

Noise Level
You can hear the ice drop. You can hear the water fill up the ice compartment. You can hear the fan on the cooler and freezer when it's kicked on.

Interior Organization
Does have several many shelves and drawers for veggies and fruits. Does have nice compartments in the door for drinks/condiments and such.

Temperature Control
Had an easy push button area up on top of the inside to control the freezer and fridge side. It tells you when you put the temp on and the current temp of the compartments. No knobs to hit in the back of the fridge so it's less likely to get changed unless you mash the button.

It's not a deep fridge so you can reach everything. You do have to take all the items out since the shelves are wide to be able to clean (you can't just push over to one side if your fridge shelf is full).

Not had any problems out of ours so far.

Love the sleek modern look. Like the ice/water in the door. Like the silver/stainless color to match other appliances.

• Temperature Control:

This is a good refrigerator.

from Port Lavaca, TX

Interior Organization
I love how easily the shelves come out and can be placed at different levels.

Temperature Control
Sometimes stuff on the top shelf freezes.

All of the shelves, drawers, and door compartments come out for easy cleaning.

struggled with temperature

from Upland, CA USA

Great layout for our busy family

Temperature Control
Food was spoiling before Use-by dates!

Didn't have it long enough to clean.

It never completely worked from the start.

Really liked its exterior appearance.

Cheaply made refridgerator

Comments about Frigidaire Silver Mist Side-By-Side Refrigerator:

I moved into a rental about two years ago and this refrigerator came with the house. It looks nice, but it has some issues. Not long after we moved in the ice dispenser broke, and it is not very pleasant having to reach into the freezing cold ice bin to get some ice. Also, the ice machine would sometimes not make ice when it was supposed to, especially in summertime, which was when we needed it the most! Otherwise it is a functioning fridge and freezer with adjustable settings and isn't too loud. The freezer is a bit narrow, but still has a lot of space to fit things in. The refrigerator side is spacious and keeps things at a cold temperature. The shelves that fit inside the door can break easily so don't put anything too heavy in them.

Do not purchase

Comments about Frigidaire Silver Mist Side-By-Side Refrigerator:

Freezer is noisy, tray to hold ice is sagging, filters need replacing very often. I have only owned this product for one year. Called customer service about the ice tray and the replacement product arrived also bent, so the repair man had to order another one.

• Temperature Control:

A purchase to be proud of!

Comments about Frigidaire Silver Mist Side-By-Side Refrigerator:

My husband and I did lots of research and bought this refrigerator. We have been completely pleased with no regrets. The shiny outside is strikingly beautiful and can blend well with both black or stainless steel appliances.

It does hum, but it is a soft, calming hum. It is not intrusive, annoying, or noticeable unless you decide that you're going to actively listen to it.

It has a huge amount of storage space and I love the layout. You do have to make sure that you don't have items coming forward too much because of the side shelves. I love the proportions of space between the fridge and freezer.

We use the water dispenser every day multiple times. It works great and has not given us any issues.

This refrigerator is well worth the price. You will even see that your utility bill goes down. When you need to upgrade your appliances, I would definitely go with this unit.

Good Fridge

Comments about Frigidaire Silver Mist Side-By-Side Refrigerator:

I just bought this model for my new apartment. At first I was absolutely in love with it but, I may now need to switch to something with a little more space. My freezer gets too full too fast. The fridge however is a nice size though I seem to fill that up as well. It keeps everything very cool, so cool in fact that my eggs were once frozen lol. I would recommend this fridge to a friend. It was fairly priced and works well.

Noise Level
I am never bothered by the noise and keep my home very quiet.

Interior Organization
I love all the shelves. We clean eat in my house and the shelves come in handy for meal planning. I can do breakfast lunch and dinner all on their own shelf.

Temperature Control
The temperature control is very accurate. Also extremely cold!

Lysol wipes get most of the job done once a week I do a quick sweep.

I've only had this fridge for a little over a year so far so good. I did have to change the light bulb right away but, that isn't a big deal.

Love the look of this fridge.

• Temperature Control:

Frigidaire Silver Mist Side-By-Side is a great buy!

Comments about Frigidaire Silver Mist Side-By-Side Refrigerator:

We looked at several different brands before deciding on the Frigidaire Silver Mist side by Side. We bought a new lake home 2 yrs ago that did not have any appliances, so we had to by all new ones. We went with stainless steel on the stove and microwave but decided on this Silver Mist for the refrigerator and dishwasher. I like this refrigerator because it looks like stainless steel but is actually a plastic mold that cleans much better than stainless steel. The side by side feature is something I've wanted for a long time now as I've had the refrigerators with the freezer on the bottom for many years and these old bones of mine have started to protest at having to bend over to retrieve something from the freezer.

Excellent purchase!

from Spokane, WA

Comments about Frigidaire Silver Mist Side-By-Side Refrigerator:

While we were looking for a stainless appliance, we didn't have a ton of money to spend. We found exactly what we were looking for in this refrigerator! The ice maker is a little loud, but normal operation is pretty quiet. The fridge capacity is pleasantly surprising also.

Ice maker a little loud

Interior Organization
Love the drawers and large door shelves

As good as cleaning a refrigerator can be :)

• Temperature Control:

Looks nice, no problems, quiet, functional. No complaints.

Comments about Frigidaire Silver Mist Side-By-Side Refrigerator:

I am pleased with how this fridge has performed. We did check the electricity consumption and it was greater than the estimate by a decent amount, so we cant give it a 5. All of our food fits into the compartments easily and we often have over-sized items that need refrigeration. We don't worry about our fridge and that's how it should be.