4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Capacity:

My dream oven(s) ... now if only I had more time to cook!

I've had the Frigidaire Gallery double electric convection wall oven (in black) for over 3 years now and couldn't be happier. Keep the operating manual handy--you'll need it daily for the first month, and frequently after that to remind yourself of the steps for things like timed baking or automatic-start baking.

These ovens are electric. Gas double wall ovens are a rarity. However, some cooks believe electric is better (more even) for baking than gas, and gas is best for a cooktop (heats up fast, turns off instantly). This is the setup I have (electric ovens, gas cooktop). If the electricity goes out, you can at least heat stuff up on the cooktop, although that's not much help when you have a Thanksgiving dinner in the oven, a houseful of guests, and the power fails (don't ask!).

Main features (both ovens):

--Settings: convection bake, convection roast, regular bake, broil, and keep warm. The ovens are fast to warm up; a "pre-bake" indicator appears in the control panel, and the oven emits a single beep when it's hot enough. Convection baking (which uses a fan to circulate the air and keep the oven temp even) produces amazing baked goods and no-burnt-bottom cookies. One thing you don't get, however, is that nice crack on the top of a loaf of quick bread; it comes out instead with more of an Elvis pompadour. Convection roasting, on the other hand, is flawless: Moist, juicy meat with a nicely browned outside.

--Convention conversion button. If you've never used convection cooking before, you can enter regular baking time and temp, press "convection convert," and the oven recalculates the whole thing for you.

--Timed baking/cooking. Have a pie recipe that calls for baking at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, then 350 degrees for 40 minutes? Program the whole thing into the oven and let it do the temperature-changing work.

--Timed oven on/off (aka delayed baking/cooking). Have a nap before dinner! Put your meal in the oven, program the start time and temp, how long to bake, and when to switch to "keep warm" setting. Obviously you can't leave food in a cold oven all day and tell it to start cooking at 4 p.m., but you can pop a frozen pizza in the oven, run out to pick up a kid at an activity, and come home to a hot dinner. If you're a few minutes late getting back, the oven will keep your dinner warm (or shut off if you're too late.)

--Auto safety shutoff. So you don't unintentionally set your house on fire. Note that this feature can be overridden if you want to use Sabbath mode--a special feature that lets you leave the oven on an extended keep warm. (This lets Orthodox Jews have a hot meal on the Sabbath.)

--Self-cleaning. Two modes, light and heavy. A disadvantage is that you can't use the other oven while you're cleaning one. You'll need to remove the racks before self-cleaning. I've found that regular light cleanings are better than infrequent heavy ones. Definitely don't do a heavy self-clean cycle (phew!) if you can't leave the house windows open for fresh air!

--Three racks per oven. You can get 6 trays of cookies (3 per oven) baking at once. Sometimes it's tricky getting the right rack configuration, but I wouldn't consider this a dealbreaker. With 3 racks per oven, you can usually figure something out.

--Electronic timer. But you can only time one oven at a time.

Wall ovens are great for saving your back (minimal bending over), and because the doors typically are over the heads of small children, I think they're a bit safer than a traditional range if you have small kids. However, they are more expensive, and unless you're having them installed in cabinetry, they don't provide cookware storage. My ovens have a black glass front and handles, so like stainless steel, they show fingerprints. But everything can be wiped down quickly and easily with a damp cloth.

I've had no problems with this oven in more than 3 years and expect many more years of happy cooking.

I hate my Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall oven!!!!!

My Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall Oven is Crap!  The springs in the door hinges won't keep the doors closed.  We have to pry the handle of a spatula between the bottom door and the the upper door to keep the door closed.  For the upper door we have to cram something between the door and the control panel.  I will never buy any Frigidaire product again.

Perfect for any home

Comments about Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall Oven:

With a new apartment that my new wife and I bought just weeks after our honeymoon and were more than excited. The apartment was fantastic in every aspect except for the fact that it was totally barren of appliances or furniture, so that fell on us. Since we had been saving money for this very reason from before even our engagement, we were able to get quality appliances, one being this oven. My wife was dead set on having one that was in the wall because it would be more convenient, and, frankly, I agreed with her. After about three hours of browsing store after store, we happened upon this Frigidaire after nearly giving up on finding something that we liked for a worthwhile price. When we saw it, the price wasn't outrageous, the features that we wanted were there, and the silver went with the rest of our kitchen, so we bought it. Since, we have used it for everything from cakes to casseroles to enormous turkey, sometimes all at once. The oven is able to hold a lot of dishes at one time and is able to perform very efficiently, pre-heating in under two minutes every time, cooking all dishes thoroughly and evenly, and presenting easy-to-understand controls.

• Capacity:

I wish I had bought this sooner!

from Boston, MA

Comments about Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall Oven:

I love my Frigidaire and I wish I had purchased it sooner. The money is well worth the time savings. I have a very busy schedule so I don't get to cook or bake as often as I would like. Sunday is my only day off during the week and I try to make items in advance to eat left overs during the week. If I get home at 8pm the last thing I want to do is be cooking until 9. Before I could only make 2 or 3 dishes now I can make 4-6 so I have a lot more variety in my life (yay me). It is so convenient to have multiple things cooking at once that need different temperatures, or I can bake a cake and a chicken without worrying that one will taste like the other. So ladies if you are always in the kitchen and you wish you had more time to yourselves...buy this stove!

Capacity
I guess I am just still used to having one big oven so I wish the capacity of each was about 3-6 inches higher than it is now. I have to move a lot of racks around and get creative. There is a lot of of room though and the time you save makes up for it. I can fit a huge turkey in either and I can usually put 4-5 baking sheets in each depending on what I'm making.

I couldn't be happier since I purchased my Frigidaire oven, I didn't even know they made them I thought they were refridgerators only. As I said I love to cook and bake but I often lack time, with the double oven I can make more meals at once so I just eat leftovers for the rest of the week. It saves me a ton of time. Also, entertaining is much easier. I don't have to get up at 4 in the morning to cook 100 things I can sleep in on holidays as I have 2 ovens to cook in.

Cleaning this oven is so easy. The open has it's own setting to clean but I usually put a pyrex dish in with some water then turn the oven on super high to let the water steam up. Once I see the doors have coated with condensation I open them just a little to allow the steam to escape and turn them off. Once the oven is cool enough to touch without a burn (but still warm) I wipe down the sides and the racks. I don't even have to use chemicals. Whatever it is coated with doesn't stick.

These ovens are very easy to use. Occasionally I get a little confused on which button controls which temperature but that happened more when I first got it. Now I can keep my eyes closed to work it.

Just a tip though, I tend to set my top oven about 5-10 degrees cooler if there is something baking on the bottom as I have had a few things burn a little when I set them normally.

I love to cook and bake so this oven gets a lot of use. It holds up really well. I haven't had any problems with it in about 3 years since I bought it.

I love having the double oven but I frequently have to move the racks to make multiple items fit, I wish the interior of each was a little bigger.

• Capacity:

Great product, cooks everything perfectly!

Comments about Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall Oven:

I just had to replace my wall oven that I had for 24 years and was nervous to find something that would fit my needs. This oven has even heating, is true to the temperature, and is so fast to heat up! It cooks all my food perfectly, I couldn't ask for anything better!

Capacity
I am a baker and all my sheet pans fit great

Heats up fast and is quiet

I spilled something the first time I used it and it cleaned up easily

Simple to figure out and use

Seems to be made very well and I think it will last a long time

Compliments my other appliances and adds a nice look to my kitchen

best oven i've owned!

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall Oven:

Have owned 2 different ranges, two different stovetops, and one other double oven.  This one is truly special!  Price was pretty good for the quality double oven this is.  Thinking of starting up a bakery business I used to have -- I love this oven so much!!!

It wasn't so great

from Miami, FL

Comments about Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall Oven:

This oven had its pros but mostly cons. Some of the good things include it heats very good and evenly. Both ovens are a good size. Changing modes makes cooking simple and really fast. It comes in a very sylish and cute style. It is great for families. Some of the thinngs that I didn't like about it is that the frididaire cannot supply replacement Part. There isn't enough space for everything. But it was kind of worth the price. But I wouldn't reccomended to a friend or anyone wondering to buy it or not. There are better ovens out there you got to be patient to find the right one that fits your style. Your speed, your cooking abilities and more importantly your family. The key words are PATIENCE and SEARCHING out there. You will find the right one. THis oven fits a very small family. So if you have a small family and are looking for an oven STOP and buy it. Otherwise keep on looking to find the right one.

Frigidaire Works Like a Pro!

from Kelayres, PA

Comments about Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall Oven:

The Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall Oven is a great addition to any styling kitchen. Even if you don't cook a lot, I still think it's great to have the two ovens for holidays and parties. Obviously, it's not something you will use every single day unless you have a very large family. The oven heats up super evenly and quickly. My old oven used to take 20 minutes just to get to 400 degrees. It's a great size and saves space in my house. I can have more counter space rather than having a stove take up a few feet. The inside of the oven is a good size, but the racks seem to be really close together and there is no rungs to make them more apart. Overall it is super stylish and works well.

Cut your cooking time in Half!

from Cortlandt Manor, NY

Comments about Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall Oven:

This is one of the best appliances out right now. The Professional Double wall oven is the best ideas for cooking to date. We have a lot of gatherings and holiday parties in my home and I can always count on my double oven to get help me get the job done. Just the fact that there are dual ovens make cooking easier and actually cut your time in the kitchen almost in half. The time you would have spent waiting on one item to cook to take it out of the oven for next couple items to cook is long gone. Now everything can be in the ovens simultaneously, and eveything will be ready at the same time. I am thankful for this double wall oven because it makes my job a breeze and provides a beautiful finish to my kitchen.

Frigidaire is simply the best

from Miami, FL

Comments about Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall Oven:

The Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall Oven is far beyond all other ovens that I have used in my lifetime. This great product is so spacious and can do a lot. Now I understand why Frigidaire gives their competitors a run for their money. This Oven is especially great for me in the Christmas season when I tend to do a lot of baking and I need a lot of oven space to bake my wonderful and delicious christmas cakes. I always tend to bake a lot around this time and with this great oven from Frigidaire I can spend less time in the kitchen as opposed to my previous ovens. I can bake a lot more in a shorter amount of time so I have more free time on my hands to relax. I especially love the fact that this oven is quite easy to use and very easy to clean. I always use to dread cleaning up after I have finished using the oven but this Frigidare Professional Series Double Wall Oven makes cleaning up a breeze.

good for a small kitchen

from Portage, MI

Comments about Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall Oven:

This stove was a must for our vacation home. It is a beautiful home and it has a small kitchen. We did not feel like expanding it so I thought it would be a great idea if we bought this ovens that we could put almost in the wall. The idea was great and now my kitchen has enough room for me to cook. Installing the ovens in the wall was hard for me and my husband to do because the wiring was different than a conventional oven. The two oven are large enough to fit all of my normal meals I cook at house. I also like that one is higher up because that keeps my children from opening it and getting burned. The ovens are easy to clean when they get dirty and they look great too! Size does not affect how well my food gets cooked. This oven does a great job at cooking my food evenly and at a fast speed. The oven has a few different settings so that I can cater it to fit my needs. The alarm comes in handy to let me know when my food is done.

I hate my Frigidaire Professional Series Double Wall oven!!!!!

from Willard, MO