Other Dehumidifiers:

Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

My basement floods every time it rains - I really needed this!

I live in a house that was built in 1801 and every time it rains, my basement floods.  I also have a really old AC unit that can't really keep up with the demands my house makes on it and it leaves a lot of condensation in the basement.  Together, the moisture means that basically anything in the basement would mold instantly.  Sometimes, after a long rain, you could smell the mildew above stairs.  This wasn't healthy for me, good for my belongings, or good for my pets, so I decided to get a dehumidifier.  I stalled for a while because they can be kind of expensive, but I knew that I wanted to save for a brand like Frigidaire that I've heard of and felt like I could trust.  Some people have put tha tit works too well.  I guess they're using it in their homes proper and it's drying the air out too much. Being in my basement, I'm glad how well it works.  The noise also doesn't bother me, since it's in the basement.  Now I can store my Christmas decorations, out of season clothes, etc. in the basement without resigning myself to never being able to use them again.  Fantastic!

Fridgidaire Dehumidifier Expensive to run

We bought the Fridgidaire Dehumidifier when we had some moisture in our basement. It works great. Our basement family room was so comfortable to hang out in without all of that excess...Read complete review

We bought the Fridgidaire Dehumidifier when we had some moisture in our basement. It works great. Our basement family room was so comfortable to hang out in without all of that excess humidity.

We used the bucket resevoire instead of the hose and the bucket does fill up pretty fast. I also like that you can set the humidity level that you feel most comfortable at and once it reaches that level then the machine shuts off.

My only con is that it is quite expensive to run. We used it for one month straight (with the auto shutoff) and it really did a number on our electric bill. It might not be something you want to use all day every day.

It's cool

Comments about Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier:

For the most part, I like the Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier. It gets really humid here in the summertime because we are right in the middle of a mountain range. In the summer, the mountains trap the moisture and can make an 88 degree day feel much more like a 93 degree day very easily. With this Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier, I do not have to sweat like a pig any more! Now, if it is 80 degrees in my house, it actually feels like it is 80 degrees instead of 85! I could not be happier with the performance of this product. I do, however, think that the Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier is quite unsightly. It really is a bit of an eye sore. If it was not so ugly, I think I would give it a ten. I do think you should try it though. I hope you will be as happy with this dehumidifier as we are!

This dehumidifier is very effective. I do not have to worry anymore about my house being way too hot just because of the humidity!

It is not pretty at all. It is an eye sore in my opinion.

• Safety:

Works great in my basement

Comments about Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier:

We never had problems with our basement until this past winter. Our basement flooded twice. This has never happened in all of the years we have lived in our home. Our basement had taken on a wet, damp smell and we were concerned about mold and mildew. A family member recommended that we get a dehumidifier to work in addition to the sump pump that we purchased. Our basement is not very big and thought this would be the perfect size for us. We did not have much experience with humidifiers, so we went with this one because Frigidaire is a trusted name. This humidifier has worked great. We have not had any problems with it. After a few days our basement no longer had the lingering damp smell. We do not leave it on continually but we do turn it on now when it rains or when the basement feels damp.

We use this dehumidifier in conjunction with our sump pump and it works really well.

Safety
We do not let this run all the time. We used it after our basement flooded and several times over the winter when the basement got wet.

I have not cleaned it yet but it looks like it would be very easy to clean.

• Safety:

We actually own two of these Frididaire dehumidifiers

Comments about Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier:

We actually own two of these Frigidaire dehumidifiers. Our street was completely torn up this summer, and they tore up all the storm sewers and drains. Of course, it rained all the time, and for the first time in 30 years, we got some water in our basement. I ran both of the Frigidaire dehumidifiers all summer.

We had a portable sump pump, but the water in our basement never got deep enough to use it. There were just a couple of places where the water could come in when it rained. So I ran these dehumidifiers constantly, running the water right into the drain.

Safety
I'm alway nervous about running electric products while we are sleeping or away from home, but because of the water in the basement, we just had to keep the dehumifiers going. Felt like we could use these safely.

I've just wiped these down with a wet rag a few times.

Have not owned these for more than a year, but both are still running. Of course, they have been turned off since we turned the heat on.

They are in the basement, so it doesn't matter too much to me what they look like.

• Safety:

Very loud, but it works well

Comments about Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier:

We got this when we finished our basement, and have found it to be reliable and efficient, and to actually do it's job. However, it is the loudest dehumidifier I've ever heard, and needs to be turned off when we are downstairs watching a movie. With that said, it's purpose is to remove moisture from the air, and it keeps the humidity way down in our basement.

• Safety:

As excited as one can get about a dehumidifier

from Lancaster, PA

Comments about Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier:

The Frigidaire unit has been designed for the real world.  It has a fan that pulls the air from the front and expels it to one side rather than the rear like older units.  This allows the unit to be placed closer to the wall rather than the old units that required 3 feet from the wall.  The drain hose is also designed so it doesn't interfere with the bucket design.  When a hose is connected, no condensate goes into the bucket.  This prevents the problem of mold and mildew in the bucket that the current models have.  Old units have the hose connecting to the bucket which can, and does, cause problems with the "bucket full" switch.  The overall quality of the unit seems much better than the Whirlpool/Kenmore units - which have been problematic for us in the past. (They have a habit of dying right after the warranty expires.)  Bottom line, this unit is well thought out and superior to the current models on the market.

Works Wonders

from Jefferson City, MO

Comments about Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier:

We bought our Frigidaire Dehumidifier two years ago because our basement felt like it was getting sticky and my husband didn't want the humidity to ruin his television and a few other items he was keeping in the basment living room. We spent a good amount of money on it and I am now very happy that we spent the extra money because it has been a life saver. A few months after purchasing it for our new home we found that the basement had a leak and every time it rains the living room gets flooded with water. We immediately suck up as much water out fo the carpet with our steam vaccuum and then turn on our dehumidifer and within less then a day the carpet is dry and ready for us to move all of our furniture back to normal. Without the dehumidifier I am not sure what we would have done. We possibly would have lost our newly installed carpet and most likely would have had a mold problem.

I love this product and would tell anyone that was looking to buy a dehumidifier that this one is a GREAT buy!

The Frigidaire Dehumidifier FAD504TDD is a great dehuidifier

from Harrison, TN

Comments about Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier:

When we realized our basement was too humid, a friend suggested we purchase a dehumidifier. We spend a lot of time reading all kinds of reviews on dehumidifiers and finally chose the Frigidaire FAD 504 TDD. I am so glad we did. Although, this dehumidifier was a little more expensive than some of its counterparts, it is worth every penny. This dehumidifier is simple to own and maintain. We empty it about every third day and every few weeks, we clean the filter. My husband loves the fact that you can set the humidity level. He likes the fact that we can adjust that level and actually change the humidity level in our basement. There is an automatic shut-off when the water level reaches a certain point. This has come in handy for us twice. It is my husbands job to empty the dehumidifier, and he forgot to do it for a few days. I knew we were going to find a big mess in the basement, but we didn't. You can't go wrong with this dehumidifier!

Replacement Dehumidifier is holding up well!

from Coshocton, OH

Comments about Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier:

I was in the market for a new dehumidifier after mine suddenly stopped working. We bought a house 2 years ago with a finished basement. The house had been unoccupied for awhile due to the previous homeowner having been in poor health. The house had gotten musty just sitting so the realtor's had continuously ran a dehumidifier and just let us keep it when we moved in. It was a nice kenmore dehumidifier and it had worked well keeping our basement from getting musty untill one day it just stopped pulling moisture from the air. I read many reviews and opted for this one based on the favorable reviews and reasonable price. So far this has worked like a charm. It was east to figure out how to operate it. I like the little window that allows you to see into the bucket so you can check how full it is withought having to pull the bucket out. I don't feel like the unit is too noisy, it is much less noisy than the last dehumidifier. It really pulls the moisture out well and it has ran great so far. I am very happy with this purchase so far.

Very useful Dehumidifier that I use in my Garage

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier:

In my home there is a whole lot of humidity. Even in my garage it is cold, damp and humid. I began to notice how small rust spots on my car were growing larger underneath my car. I knew that the humidity in my garage would damage my cars. So I bought the Frigidaire dehumidifier. It sucks out alot of pints of water and moisture out of the air. This moisture is damaging to humans and items such as cars. A few months later I noticed less rust spots on my car's exhaust pipes underneath the vehicle. I saw how well this Frigidaire product performed that I bought a second dehumidifier and placed it in my living room. There used to be alot of moisture in the air and you could feel it and it's not good for your health. However the dehumidifier did its job perfectly and made my room less damp and less humid. It has worked perfectly since I bought it and I recommend this product to those looking for a quality product from Frigidaire.

frigidaire dehumidifier

from Washington, DC

Comments about Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier:

i bought a frigidaire dehumidifier because my nose would always get stuffy and i would have trouble breathing and sleeping. this humidifier helped me sleep through the night anad clear my nose. i love this machine! i cant live without it. frigidaire dehumidifier helps dry the air a bit so i can actually breathe. no more waking up in the middle of the night because of a stuffy nose! it is a little bit noisy but i can drown that out easily. it has a sleek and compact design that doesnt take up much space. its great as a sleeping aid and easy to use for people of any age. i recommend this to others that have trouble with a stuffy nose due to humidity. this frigidaire dehumidifier is well worth the money.