View more dehumidifiers

Frigidaire
FDF70S1
Frigidaire Pint Dehumidifier

No More Mold

I have lived in the same house for the last 30 years, in those thirty years I have had some problems with mold on my leather shoes in two of the closets in my house. Two years ago a friend of my daughter told her that her mother had the same problem and that although they ran an airconditioner off and on in the summer they still had a problem with mold. They bought a dehumidifier and ran it when the airconditioner was not running and it took care of the mold problem. So needless to say I desided to try this because I was also a little affraid of having mold in my house and I had heard mold is not a heathly thing to have in your home. I bought a Frigidaire Dehumidifier and hooked it up to a hose to drain into a shower stall. I left my house closed up for six weeks while visiting my daughter last July and came back to a mold free house. I am totally sold on this appliance.

London, AR

true

Frigidaire dehumidifier perfect for the damp basement

I just recently moved into a new house and it is an old house with the typical damp basement, or should I say VERY DAMP basement. It was so damp that it was difficult for me to hang dry clothes in the basement and the paint was visibly pealing from the walls. This was in the winter. I purchased the frigidair pint dehumidifier for my basement (about 800 square feet) and it works great. I made sure to buy one that was not so big I couldn't easily take out the bin with the water and put it back in. This one is not too heavy for me and fills abotu every other day. In case I don't catch when it is fill there is a light that goes on to let me know it is full and the unit shuts itself of. The dehumidifier will not overflow with water. The tank is also clear so that you can tell at any time if it is getting close to full. I always empty mine on Fridays since I'm liekly to forget over the weekend. The dehumidifier restores itself to power after power may be turned off.

Travelers Rest, SC

Frigidaire Dehumidifier FDF70S1 is a must for basements

Being a new homeowner, my husband and I were unsure of what to expect from our new home. We loved the space, and we loved the fact that it had a finished basement, with carpeted rooms. A few weeks after enjoying our humble abode, we discovered the carpets downstairs would be damp after a heavy rainfall. Alarmed, we purchased a Frigidaire dehumidifer, deciding that model FDF70S1 would best fit our needs. Living in a bungalow, the basement was approximately 1,000 square feet and the 70 pint bucket of the dehumidifier best fit our needs. It was easy to use and started up with the touch of one button. It sounded like a fan and a slight breeze blew out from its side, but since we were upstairs all the time, the noise did not bother us. We kept the dehumidifer chugging alone for over 2 weeks straight and there was so much moisture trapped in the basement, we had to empty out the bucket nearly every day during that first week and a half! After the second week, we noticed the carpets were no longer damp and now we run the dehumidifier after a heavy rainfall.

Cranston, RI

true

Very powerful unit dried out a hopeless basement

After enduring rains that flooded my sump-pumpless basement for the umpteenth time, I decided to purchase my first de-humidifier, and I wanted a workhorse. I did a lot of research, and settled on this big Frigidaire, with a fair amount of confidence, which has paid off.  The unit did precisely what I'd hoped for--within a week it had brought the humidity level in the basement from almost 100% down to a consistent 45% during the awful October we had in the Northeast. That first week it ran continuously, cycling on and off, and I had to empty the collection unit morning and evening, but I finally had a dry basement, and the damp, mildewy smell disappeared. The unit has a convenient feature that allows it to empty directly into a sump pump, which I can't take advantage of. The collection unit is a little difficult to remove--you need to squeeze the sides a bit to slide it out, but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad.  It has a carrying handle that seems moderately sturdy, and it's easy to empty. The controls are fairly intuitive, and the filter is easy to remove and clean. It's about as noisy as the furnace, and so powerful that it needs a decent amount of room around it to vent the air while it's operating, but it slides easily on its attached wheels if you need to reposition it. What was shocking, however, was how expensive it is to run! But never having had a dehumidifier before, and having an entirely flooded basement with everything in it needing to be dried out as well, I have no way to make a fair comparison, so I'll have to keep an eye on next summer's electric bill when the unit will be working hard once again.

Stamford, CT

Much quieter than the Kenmore

I've had this unit for just 2 weeks so I can't comment on its reliability.  However, I like it a lot.  I bought it to replace my Kenmore 50 pint dehumidifier 54514 that stopped working exactly 1 month after the 5 year compressor warranty expired. The Frigidaire works very well and is about 50% quieter (big difference!) than the Kenmore I replaced.  It's also has a nicer appearance, and has a floating red ball to indicate the water level collected in the bucket.  I just connected a garden hose to it so I don't have to empty the bucket anymore and it's working fine.  So far, I highly recommend it. Note if you're using the bucket, it can be a little difficult to remove it but, it's really not too bad.  The Kenmore had a carrying handle on top of the bucket which made carrying it very easy.  But I would NOT trash the Frigidaire for not having a handle.  I was able to remove and carry it just fine.

Massapequa Park, NY