3.5
Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator

3.5

• Temperature Control:

Overpriced - However product is "not that bad"

I say overpriced because in reality you could get a lot better for the price they want for it. If it was offered for around 1,000 or less, then it'd be a heck of a bargain. To me the shelving units are a bit flimsy. I don't use the icemaker often, but it's pretty good and hasn't failed (yet) - ha.
The upper section of the fridge has a vent system, you can't have anything blocking that or even near it too much otherwise the freezer temperature will go down - so basically you have this 4-5 inch gap of unused space at a consistant basis to maintain the freezer level; they probably could have figured out something better for that area. Other than that, it keeps my stuff cold, has great storage capacity and does it's job.

Noise Level
This thing GROWLS - I am giving it a 6 because the growls do not happen often, but when they do - you think a lion is in your house....

Interior Organization
If you rate this with a bad number that's mainly because you are not organized, you can move everything around to suit your needs - so the organizational factor is up to you. I give it a 9 because I could be more organized!

Temperature Control
Again, the gap I was talking about of unused space is a necessity in order to maintaim temperature control, to me they could have figured out a better design element.

Windex and a washcloth and you're good to go!

I have a 4 year old and teenager, it has held up through both of them!

I find it nice -and it fits in with the rest of my appliances quite well.

We purchased our Frigidaire Side by side. What a mistake it was. This was probably the worst purchase we have ever made. It was recalled for freezing up. They came and fixed it. It froze up again, They fixed it again. THREE TIMES THE CHARM!! I ended up getting a full refund because they could not fix my fridge! Do yourself a favor, DO NOT BUY ONE!

Works great

from Saint John, IN

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Noisy

• Large Kitchens

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Works great for our family

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Frigidair Makes Poor Products and Poor Customer Service

from Arvada, CO

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

Cons

• Defective Product
    • Poor Customer Service
    • Unreliable

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This company's customer service and product quality are awful. My husband and I own a Frigidaire fridge/freazer that was purchased less than a year ago. Only a few weeks before the warranty expired the fridges compressor broke. We have had maintenance people from frigidaire in our house now on three different occasions trying to fix the situation ... after three attempts, three weeks and many different parts the appliance is still not working. Now I am being told that we need to wait another week for another part to come in. I am highly dissatisfied. I believe the product is defective, there is NO reason a fridge should have a broken compressor after less than a year. Customer service has been very unhelpful. On top of everything ... this is happening right as my husband and I are about to have new twin babies. We have no place to store formula. No place for our family visiting to help with the babies to store their food. After many hours explaining the situation to customer service they have done nothing. Very frustrated and warning anyone who is thinking of purchasing a Frigidaire product.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Very satisfied and would purchase it again!

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I love our refrigerator; I'm very glad we chose this one! It has all of the space and functionality we need. It is a side-by-side, unlike the one my parents have with the freezer on the bottom. I haven't decided which type I prefer..media seems to tout the bottom freezer style as much better, but the freezer on ours is especially handy, with lots of space and compartments; on my parents' type I notice a lot more cluttering.

Noise Level
      The ice machine makes some noise on occasion (while it makes ice), but other than that, it is not noisy at all.

Interior Organization
      I can't think of anything I'd change! It has deep and wide shelving (removable, made of glass), proper door shelves for milk and condiments, two stacked drawers (also removable) at the bottom with individual moisture control slide controls on the front for veggies and meats. I also love the freezer setup, which has one open-top drawer at the bottom, with shelving all the way up, and also small shelving compartments in the freezer door, handy for spotting small items quickly.

Temperature Control
      Other than the controls on the drawers, there is the typical overall refrigerator temperature control at the top interior.

I took one point off because those shelves are so heavy and awkward, but props to them for making everything so removable. My refrigerator rarely looks dirty!

Can't say for sure, but we have had it for about 6 years, and so far no issues!

Troubles After Troubles

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I bought the Frigidaire Gallery Side by Side Refrigerator last year after mine went out. I owned the fridge for almost six months when it quit making ice, then about a month later the water dispenser stopped working as well. Since it was still under warranty, I called a repair technician. After he looked at it, he had determined that the compressor had went out. He replaced the part and it was working great again. Now six more months later, I am having problems again. The ice maker has gone out again and the refrigerator side keeps freezing anything that I put on the top shelf as well as in produce drawer. The freezer side doesn't freeze as solid as it should. I wish had read reviews on this model as I would not have purchased it. I will never purchase another Frigidaire refrigerator. I will most definitely read reviews, compare and shop around before my next refrigerator purchase.

• Temperature Control:

Love the side by side!!!

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

The Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator makes my life a lot easier! I just love this side-by-side,as everything is where you need it, and has easy access. It is very quiet running refrigerator, which is a big plus for me, and it defrosts itself with ease., and I love that!
      It keeps everything cold in the fridge and the freezer with a constant temperature, so everything stays fresh until needed. The shelves inside both sides are very sturdy, and easy to rearrange, and the space in the doors is a big plus, as they hold a variety of sizes with ease. I also love the ice dispenser , which dispenses both cubes and crushed ice and also has a water dispenser built in the outside door of the fridge, and it even lights up for easy use at night!! That's a big plus in my house!!!
      The Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator has a modern look, and is easy to clean, inside and out, the shelves remove easily for cleaning, so if you spill on just one shelf, you can take it out, and clean it with ease.

My Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator, so far so good

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I just bought the Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator last week when I remodeled my kitchen and I am pleased so far.

Noise Level
      The ice maker is very noisy and even jarring at some points. Also when water comes into the refrigerator it also makes a loud running noise which I had to get used to. But the running of the refrigerator itself is very quiet.

Interior Organization
      The freezer is well organized with plenty of shelves and lots of room. However the refrigerator seems quite small in size even though this is a large unit. I do realize with the energy saving features that refrigerators are more insulated now which leaves less space inside for food. I like the shelving and drawers though.

Temperature Control
      So far it keeps all my food cold and at an even temperature in the refrigerator as well as the freezer.

The glass shelves are very easy to wipe clean when spills occur.

Since this unit is only one week old, I can't say yet how durable this refrigerator will be.

The stainless steel is very sleek and modern though I wish the sides were stainless and not black.

• Temperature Control:

Too pricey and too many issues.

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

When we chose this fridge we were very happy with all of the options it had as well as the fact that it was a perfect fit for our newly renovated kitchen! It took almost 6 weeks to get to us and when it finally arrived we were excited. However, from the get go the top drawer was loud and squeaky. The store we bought it from, came and checked it out. They found out many of the drawers on this model needed replacement so ordered us a new one free of charge through Frigidaire so we were understanding. The new drawer posed the same problem so it was fixed with a non chemical grease to keep it from making the screeching noise. Next the water filter went bad within three months when it was a 6 month filter. We hardly use it. The ice maker went around the same time. We have spent more time with issues on this appliance than any other. So annoying!

Noise Level
      The ice cube maker is always making a banging noise and the ice is loud when it dispenses. Everything else is pretty quiet.

Interior Organization
      I like the inside setup and it is roomy!

Temperature Control
      Even after having the temp control checked by a repair person, liquid items were freezing on the top shelf of the fridge section.

Easy cleaning! Shelves and drawers come out with ease.

Obviously as stayed above the ice maker is not to sturdy.

I like the side by side design and the interior design.

• Temperature Control:

A lifesaver for a busy family

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Its perfect for my family. We are always on the go and rely on either frozen meals or an easy fix up. With my Frigidaire, i can easily cook meals and store it in my refrigerator without worrying about limited space.

Noise Level
      The noise level is great, the ice maker is fairly quiet.

Interior Organization
      The interior is very adjustable and you can adjust it to your liking.

Temperature Control
      The temperature is very good for the type of food you are storing, you can make it really cold or fairly cold. The control board lets you know with a beep when it gets too warm in the refrigerator.

Cleaning is easy when you wipe down the shelf, just make sure to reach into the tiny creases of the shelf.

I brought my refrigerator in 2011 and its now the end of 2013, i believe thats a pretty good durability.

the interior design and exterior design is very sleek and high quality. The stainless steer finish is perfect to clean and doesnt require much maintenance.

• Temperature Control:

Great product. Side by side doors are very convenient.

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Stainless steel double doors look very nice. I really like the ice machine. This refrigerator is easy to clean. It has pretty good temperature control and food does not freeze even if left in the back. The different compartments in this refrigerator allow you to organize easily.

• Temperature Control:

Overpriced - However product is "not that bad"

Temperature Control

Windex and a washcloth and you're good to go!

I have a 4 year old and teenager, it has held up through both of them!

I find it nice -and it fits in with the rest of my appliances quite well.