Other Washing Machines:

Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer GLTF2940F/S

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

This Frigidaire Front Loader is Amazing!

Rated a "Best Buy" product by a leading consumer magazine I put this Frigidaire Gallery Series machine at the top of my list when it was time for a new washer. Now, after having bought and used it for several months I must agree with the consumer reviews- You just can't beat this machine for the price.I had already determined I wanted a front loader before comparison shopping. Unlike the old top loading machines the front loaders are easy on the planet using much less water. This Frigidaire Gallery Series model goes beyond that by sensing just how much water is needed per load depending on size and cycle chosen. Front loaders don't have agitators so they are fabulous for delicate items and can easily accomodate larger items as well. This model can comfortably wash a queen size comforter without effort. The Frigidaire Gallery Series machine comes with 14 cycle choices that include everything from wool, bulky, silk, hand wash and touchup. It also has a large array of spin and rinse cycles. Use HE detergent with the advance rinsing technology of this machine and your clothes will come out cleaner and brighter.The other great feature about this machine is that it is SO quiet! [We recently had house guests who were using the washer who remarked that the machine must not have started because they couldn't hear it.] Did I mention it looks good? I bought the black model with silver trim. It looks so chic sitting in the laundry room beside its' matching dryer. The electronic controls are great and the bright green time remaining indicator is a boost to errand scheduling. Take advantage of the eight hour delay so that the washer uses energy during the slow energy hours of the night saving resources and money.In conclusion, this Frigidaire front loading washing machine is truly an amazing feat of technology at a decent price. Before purchasing a new washer take a moment and check it out! I think you will agree as well. Read up on the matching dryer:[Frigidaire Gallery Series model# GLTF2940FE electric dryer][1]

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Frigidaire-Gallery-Series-model-GLTF2940FE-electric-dryer-review-0e6c0

Frigidaire Front Load Washer, average and as expected

My family and I purchased this washer about 8 months ago and it was our first front load washer. It was very simple to figure out how to operate and after using it the first couple of times I completely understood how it worked! The large capacity was great for our family of 7, being able to wash large loads was a huge factor for us in purchasing! The machine is very quiet unlike the standard washing machines. Our clothing always got thoroughly cleaned, even our large loads. I really liked the idea of simply pulling the tray out to put the detergent and softener in. Very simple!

One drawback to this machine that really bothered me was the fact that the door keeps closing while you are trying to put laundry in or take laundry out. Also, once the machine has started you can forget about adding a piece of clothing that you forgot to put in with your load. Extremely irritating when you have young children and discover they left a sock laying in their room.

Overall I would say an average machine with many pros and just a few cons

First Front Loader

from Edmond, Oklahoma

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Hinges Rust
  • Must Leave Door Open

• Bedding
  • Delicates
  • Everyday Clothes
  • Heavy/Bulky Items
  • Towels

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer GLTF2940F/S:

I have had the washer 11 years, cleans very well all types of laundry, Make sure the washer is level and properly attached to matching floor cabinet. The only repairs so far was replacing the door hinges and screws, they rust. I now have to push the door in and hold it until it locks. Not a big deal, if I get 15 years of service I am good.

Worst machine I've ever owned!

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer GLTF2940F/S:

I can't stand this washing machine. We were given this washing machine from someone my hubby worked with. He said he was getting "new ones". I now understand why he didn't want any money for it. It's crap. Never have I owned a machine that waste SO much energy. I'm constantly restarting this machine. It stops in the middle of a cycle ALL the TIME! I never know if my clothes got washed or not. Absolutely the worst. I have had to restart this machine more times than I can count. I've come home after and 8hr day and it'll be stuck on the same cycle just washing and rinsing. OVER AND OVER AGAIN. It's terrible. Not to mention if you forget to throw that one thing in the washer that you REALLY needed washed you can't go back and open it after you've alreay started it. It's locked. oh and that's another thing, I've had to pry the door open bc it'll stop right at the end but never finish so the door won't unlock. Just terrible. If I could afford another one, well you know the rest.

Great Washing Machine

from Pleasant Grove, UT

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer GLTF2940F/S:

We've had this washing machine for a while now and we just love it! It washes really well, has great washing cycles and features and is pretty quiet. It's really easy to use and very durable. I like that it is energy efficient. I typically wash everything on the cold cycle and my garments and items come out just as clean as with warm water.
We live in a condo so we have this stacked on top of the dryer and it is a great space saver!
The ONLY complaint I have is that it can get kind or smelly and mildew can grow. I think that's pretty common for front loading machines, though. To help solve that problem I just leave the door open and let it air dry between uses.

• Cleaning Time:

Older than this model but still going

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer GLTF2940F/S:

I bought my washer and dryer set to fit under a cabinet in another house. I bought the 6 cycle model and the upgraded matching dryer. The difference was only a couple of extra wash and dry settings but over the years they have come in handy. When my husband and I downsized our house, the dryer was stacked on top of the washer and it fits neatly into a closet. We wash at least twice a week to keep up with towels, sheets, etc. so the machine has had quite a workout over the years. We purchased both new in 1999 and they both are still going without one repair. What else could you say about a washer and dryer?

• Cleaning Time:

Three Years of Use with No Issues.

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer GLTF2940F/S:

Three (3) years of very frequent use without any major issues. I would advise that you leave the washer door open to air dry after use as a terrible mold/mildew smell will develop from the moisture inside the unit if you leave the door closed.

Washer door secured to unit only by two small hinges. Best not to our weight on the top of the door

A solid performer.

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer GLTF2940F/S:

What's to say. It works well and is easy to control. No issues except to make sure where you place it is level. As is probably the case with all washers of this type. Had it for three years now so I can't comment on durability yet. I suppose it could be quieter but I'm not complaining.
I think the value was fine. It was on the cheaper side of the line up and I'd buy it again if needed.

disappoited because of mold

from Morgan City, LA

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer GLTF2940F/S:

I didn't relize when purchasing a front load machine that the plastic ring on the front would turn black because of mold as you need to dry it after every cycle. now my dryer also has a moldy smell to the clothes...cycles work well and no other troubles otherwise

Frigidaire Front Load Washer, average and as expected

from Colorado Springs, CO

Overall I would say an average machine with many pros and just a few cons

Frigidaire Washer is high capacity and energy efficient!

from Greenville, MI

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer GLTF2940F/S:

Absolutely love this front load Frigidaire washer!! I wasn't specifically looking for one with a ton of features but this washer has it all. Controls are very easy to use, besides the several fabulous presets, you can change the water temperature, soil level & spin speed within each. Washer is very quiet, you really have to be right next to it to hear it running. High capacity washer, at the local appliance store where I purchased they had 13 full size beach towels in the washer to show you how much it can actually hold, and they didn't have them stuffed in either. As long as the washer is properly balanced you won't even know it's spinning! Water level is automatically determined and the clothes come out halfway dry already!

My only complaint is the drawer where the detergent/fabric softener/bleach is put constantly has water in it, and you either have to completely remove it to dump it out or soak it up with a rag -- from reading other consumer reviews on other sites it seems to be a common issue, but nothing more than a design flaw. Definitely recommend to others! (and on a side note, i HIGHLY recommend buying the pedestals so it's at a better level and doesn't cause back strain & the pedestals are great for storage!)

This Frigidaire Front Load Washer is CHEAP TO RUN!

from Florence, KY

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer GLTF2940F/S:

I recently started leasing this Frigidaire 3.5 Cubic Feet Front Load Washer (White in color, Energy Star Rated, Model: GLTF2940FS) from a Rent-To-Own company near my home, and absolutely love it!  I actually start a load of laundry every day now as this washer is fun and easy to use.  When I turn it on, I always have to look back at it to make sure it's actually on as it's WHISPER QUIET, even when i's spinning the water out!  At 3.5 Cubic Feet it's big enough for myself and my fiance to use on a daily basis, yet not overwhelmingly big as to take up too much room in the laundry room.  It comes with a LOT of custom options, all on an easy-to-use button strategy.  I think  my dog drinks more water in one sitting than this washer uses for each load of laundry.  When it starts draining, the water doesn't even get into the drain hole before it's completely empty from the washer.  This machine uses almost no water compared to my old top-load washer.  I'd definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone!