Other Refrigerators:
French Door Refrigerators
Frigidaire
FGHF2369MF
Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator

Summary

Frigidaire is the brand you have come to know and trust And for good reason Year after year Frigidaire has been the most reliable brand among leading appliance brands with the lowest number of service calls With Frigidaire you can be sure yoursquoll

Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator

Adequate refrigerator

We bought this refrigerator after our older side by side one broke. We choose this design because we wanted more space and the ability to fit wider items in the refrigerator. Also, we liked the fact that we could store more items in the freezer drawer. Lastly, the drawer allows us to see what we have in it since it is a bin design. The only downside to the freezer is that ice particles tend to drop onto our floor and we do have to clean up the mess often.

The other strange design flaw of this refrigerator is that the water spout is angled forward instead of straight down. As a result, we always have to angle our cups or water bottles correctly or else water sprays everywhere! We did not notice this flaw in the store and, of course, we could not test it since there is no running water. This would have definitely taken this refrigerator out of the running.

Noise Level
When we first bought the refrigerator, it seemed fairly quiet. However, 6 months later, it seems to be noisier than ever. We decided to turn off the ice maker and it seems to make more noise! In fact, it sounds like the refrigerator is dropping ice cubes into the tray even though it is not making any ice. Lastly, sometimes it makes a weird humming noise randomly.

Interior Organization
Overall there are plenty of door space to fit tall containers, like juice bottles or a half gallon of milk. The best part is that you can customize the glass shelves by raising them or lowering them. You can even take out shelves as needed if you need more space, which we did to fit a half sheet birthday cake. For the side doors, you can adjust the height of the plastic shelves on the right-sided door and only one of the shelves on the left due to the ice maker. This allows for you to move shelves around as necessary to fit everything in the refrigerator - definitely a positive aspect!

Temperature Control
Very consumer friendly with an LED screen on the front of the refrigerator. You simply push the up or down arrow to adjust the temperature. Plus, the temperature is always on the screen so you can easily monitor the temperature. It came in handy when the freezer drawer was slightly open and we noticed that the temperature was higher than normal. This forced us to check the drawer and saved us from having a mishap with melted foods!

The ice maker isn'r great

This was the first French Door refrigerator I have ever owned. The fridge is roomy, the freezer drawer is great. The ice maker is loud and doesn't make a lot of ice. Read complete review

Within one week of delivery we had to have the ice maker serviced. It leaked, it didn't make ice quickly, it was loud.
Then after another six months it was replaced again, same issues.
Finally, we got a brand new fridge. We were told the entire model was redesigned. The ice maker is now better but overall still louder than any other I've ever owned.

Its been great to us since we bought it

from Florence az

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Limited Shelving Options

• Big Families

N/a

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Horrible ice makers, water line and filter

from 120 Lemongold Street

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Holds Temperature Well

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator:

Ice makers dead (bottom), top intermittent. Water stopped with brand new filter. Service call number 6, under 2 years old.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Adequate refrigerator

Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator:

We just got our Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator. It is a great refrigerator. It beats our top freezer refrigerator hands down. I'm so glad we switched. The ice maker and water dispenser comes in handy everyday. The refrigerator is very quiet and the stainless finish is easy to clean. The storage space inside is great. We use the 2 liter holder and the 2 gallon milk holder which are both located on the inside of the door for added storage. I would recommend this Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator to anyone looking for a good refrigerator.

It is very quiet.

Interior Organization
    I like the inside of the door storage.

Temperature Control
    Freezer and fridge are controlled digitally. So there is no mistake what temperature setting you are on.

Easy to clean. Everything is removable. You can wash everything in the sink and the drawers come apart for easy washing.

Have had no issues. Everything has worked well from the day we got it.

I love the stainless finish. It looks great in our kitchen.

It is a true must have!

from Chaptico, MD

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator:

I love mine! It really helps keep things organized and the shelves are moveable so you can make spaces smaller or larger. The freezer has a place to place a pizza box, and that is great for this family on the go!

Noise Level
    You never hear it run! Very quite

Interior Organization
    The shelves move to make room for what you are placing inside the fridge, I love the can holder inside as well. The space on the doors are great as well. I love the shelf on the door that holds 2 gal of milk at one time.

Temperature Control
    There is temp control for fruits, veggies and meats and cheeses, and the fridge its self.

I have spilled something in the fridge and it was sticky, and in my old fridge I wanted to take it outside and hose it down and scrub it. This one it wiped up with no problem.

We have a toddler in the house and bless his heart he has to bang on everything and we have no dents or scratches, and I love the smudge proof on it as well.

I love how you only need to open one side or the other to get something out or put something in. No more opening the fridge to look inside for something and leaving all the cool air out. They even put in a place for a filter to help control bad smelling odors.. no more baking soda boxes to take up space.

• Temperature Control:

Very much worth the price

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator:

This has got to be the best product I think I have owned in my house. You can't tell that its even running. The fridge and freezer together have a great amount of space to store a lot of food in. I have had this for well over a year and have not had one issue with it. The water and ice dispenser are also a great quality to have. The water always comes out cold meaning you don't even need ice.

Best fridge we've owned!

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator:

I LOVE this fridge! I wasn't sure what I would think of having the freezer on the bottom, but to my surprise, I actually like it! I do wish the freezer was a little larger, but we do have a standing freezer in the garage so it wasn't necessary. I love the alarm feature on the doors because I have small children who tend to leave the door open or ajar and I don't notice until the alarm starts beeping. The only issue we had with our fridge is there was a nasty odor coming from underneath. After reading many articles on the internet as to what it could be and having a repair man come out to check it out, we were still just as clueless. Eventually we had to flip the fridge on it's side to find the drip tray, which was drilled into the bottom of the fridge. It needed to be removed and cleaned, as there was some gross water in it. I think they should have made the access to the drip tray a little less complicated. Overall though, I love the fridge and would definitely buy another just like it!

The drip tray is not so easy to get to, but everything else is a breeze!

• Temperature Control:

Great value and very user friendly!

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator:

I love this refrigerator/freezer! Great value!

Noise Level
    It is very quiet. I only hear the ice maker when I dispense ice.

Interior Organization
    This is very well organized. Shelves can be adjusted. Has numerous shelves in the doors. All is easily accessible.

Temperature Control
    Very easy to adjust as needed. Unit holds the temp accurately. Don't set the freezer temp too low, or you'll have issues - just follow the directions in the manual.

Shelves are solid so spills don't leak down to lower shelves, so it's easy to wipe up any mess. All shelves and drawers remove & go back in very easily, when you need to wash the whole shelf. Cleaning the whole refrigerator is very simple & quick - the most time I spent was moving around my items so I could remove the shelf.

I've had this for almost 2 years, and the only issue I had was that I had to replace the water filter, which is recommended for health purposes.

Excellent design. This unit has ample capacity and is very organized and simple to use and clean. There are lower shelves that can be reached by younger family members. The variety of shelves and drawers, and the ability to adjust them to your specific needs makes this very user friendly.

love it

from Irving, TX

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator:

I love the stainless steel exterior, it looks great in my kitchen. Keeps a consistant temp 0f 37 degrees for the fridge and 0 degrees for the freezer. the interior has room for everything I need in my fridge and I like the way it is set up. Overall I am very happy with this refridgerator.

• Temperature Control:

Frigidaire has lost its luster.

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator:

After multiple service calls covered by warranty, our ice maker unit was finally replaced. Even the certified repairman complained about Frigidaire's customer service and stated the company will change ever replacement part before sending a complete unit even when it is clearly beyond repair. The lowest glass shelf sagged, but we could never get that replaced, so consequently the left crisper drawer doesn't open easily. The stainless steel surfaces do stand up to the claim that they are easy to keep clean.

Interior Organization
    Adjustable compartments on interior of doors have curved sides, wasting space for condiment bottles. Canned beverage holder on interior of left door is not removable, wasting more space.

Sliding glass shelves aid in cleaning, and contain most messy spills and drips, but liquid does seep under the plastic frames and require soaking to clean thoroughly. It's difficult to clean the rear and bottom of freezer since the wire 'drawer units do not pull out enough.

Please see first comment above. Clear plastic fronts of door compartments cracked within a few months use.

Ice maker unit is too big, limiting the space for items taller than a gallon of milk.
    Lowest drawer doesn't pull out enough making access difficult.