Other Microwave Ovens:
Over-the-Range Microwaves
Frigidaire
FGMV205KF
Frigidaire Gallery 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven

Summary

Microwave Oven Specifications Watts : 1,000 Microwave Turntable Diameter: 14" Interior Light Wattage: 20 Frequency (Mhz): 2,450 Internal Specifications Oven Interior: White Interior Light: Yes Microwave Interior Width: 22-17/32" Microwave Interior Depth: 14-31/32" Microwave Interior Height: 10-1/16" Controls Controls: Membrane Display Type: VFD Display Color: Green Touch Pad Buttons: 30 Electronic Clock: Yes in User Pref Timer Function: 99:99 Stop / Cancel Button: Yes Start Button: Yes with 30 sec add feature Quick Settings (Time): Yes 1 - 6 Add 30 Seconds: With Start pad Turntable On / Off: Yes Numeric Touch Pad: Yes Power Levels: High / 1-9 Cooking - Multiple Stages: No - 4 Stages Auto Features Auto Cook Options: 9 Options - Frozen Breakfast, Scrambled Eggs, Hot Cereal, Soup, Chicken and Rice, Meatloaf, Seafood Pasta, Vegetarian Medley Auto Melt / Soften Options: 4 Options - Melt Butter, Melt Chocolate, Soften Ice Cream, Soften Cream Cheese Keep Warm: Yes Sensor Features Sensor Cook Options: 5 Options - Frozen Entrees, Ground Meat, Rice, Fish/Seafood, Chicken Breast Popcorn Button: Yes Snack Button: Yes Chicken Nuggets Button: Yes Baked Potato Button: Yes Reheat Button: Yes Vegetable Cook Sensor: Frozen Veggies 30-Minute Warm Hold: Yes User Modes User Preferences: Yes Clock: Yes Child Lock: Yes Auto Start: Yes Language (En/Fr/Sp): Yes User Selectable Weight (lb/kg): Yes Demo Mode: Yes Audible Signal On/Off / Adjustable: On / Off Vent & Light System Exhaust Fan Speeds: 2 speeds - 150/350 CFM Vent Style: Hidden Ducted / Ductless Vent Installation: Yes Grease Filter (Dishwasher Safe): 2 - Yes Charcoal Filter: 2 Cooktop Light: Incandescent Cooktop Light Wattage: 20 Lights: 2 Heat Deflector: Yes Auto-start Heat Sensor: Yes Electrical Specifications Power Supply Connection Location: Right Rear Top Voltage Rating: 120V, 60Hz Connected Load (kW Rating) @ 120V: 1.65 Amps @ 120 Volts: 14.3 General Specifications Product Weight (lbs): 61.6 Shipping Weight (lbs): 69.3

Frigidaire Gallery 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven

Pros

Cons

great microwave

I really like using my Frigidaire Gallery microwave. It has so many different functions, and I know that I don't use them all, but I love that they are available. I am constantly using the "auto defrost" on my frozen meats, it thaws them without cooking them. We use the "popcorn" setting all the time at my house. That is a must have feature on any microwave, and this one is awesome.

I like how big the turntable is, and that it is easily removed for cleaning. Our microwave came with a metal type rack that can be put in the microwave so that two plates can be warmed up at the same time. Ingenious. It was a little nerve racking at first, having been taught to never put metal in a microwave. But this is a special rack for the microwave, and it works well.

Heats through every time. We have had our microwave for almost 3 years now, and it is still working like new.

Settings/Features
This microwave has so many features, I never use all of them. It has a setting for popcorn, potatoes, thawing meats, reheating casseroles, cooking soups, etc.

The turn table dish comes out easily, and is dishwasher safe. The rest of the inside is easily wiped down.

This is easy to use. My nine year old knows how to heat things up with this microwave. And the best part is, that the change time feature is easy to find and use.

This is going on 3 years at our house, and still going strong.

I like the stainless steel, with a mix of black. It has a nice sleek design, and handle is comfortable.

Quick but Quirks

Bought this to match the Gallery Oven, had the Professional Series a year ago and switched to this when I moved. It's a nice microwave, nothing else and would have preferred a convection oven. It's costly but does match the oven.
In all I'd recommend this microwave only if you're buying the matching oven or if you really want the special features. It's not as big or as difficult to use as the Professional series microwave which I always had to refer to the 43 page manual!

It's powerful and reheats VERY quickly. Pros: Appearance nice and easy to wipe down inside and out, stainless does not smudges or show finger marks. Cons: Occasionally gets plates and mugs very hot to the touch. Occasionally makes odd whirring noise. Had to adjust the inside plate a few times. Worst is that when done there's an annoying loud beep that continues until you get the food out and can't be programmed off which I don't understand.

Settings/Features
Loads of features, my favorites are 30 second reheat, press 1 for minute warm up and the baked potato which comes out perfect for any type or size and the auto-defrost for meat. There are many other settings which are difficult to use and find.

Stainless is smudgeless and easy to clean outside with just a towel. No special cleaners needed. Inside just water and vinegar does the trick.

In all pretty easy. Need to refer to the manual for many of the special program features for defrost or cook, which I'm sure are nice but I don't bother as they are quirky and hard to remember. Who wants to keep their microwave manual out?

Concerned about the whirring noise. Also concerned about the buttons as need to push in quite hard to make it work.

Large handle with a special chrome and stainless appearance. It's distinct and matches the oven handle. Has an easy to read display.

very good

from los angeles, CA

About Me Gourmet Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Good
  • Heats Evenly
  • Powerful
  • Simple Controls

Cons

• Noisy

• Defrosting
  • Leftovers
  • Popcorn
  • Quick Meals

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

very good paragraph appliance heating food

• Primary use:
  • Business
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

This is a great microwave

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

This microwave not only looks good, but it works very well. It came at an affordable price and fit in perfectly over my stove and has completed my newly renovated kitchen.

This is a really good microwave. It heats up all my dishes in good time. And the food always comes out just right, not burned or cold in spots. It gives it a nice even cooking. I especially like how well it makes popcorn. My old microwave was constantly burning it, but this one cooks it much better.

Settings/Features
It has great settings. You can defrost/thaw so that's great. It saves you time from having to stick your food in hot water or leave it on the counter for a few hours. So these settings save you lots of time.

It's easy to clean the inside of this microwave. Just some wet paper towels and that's about it.

I love how easy this microwave is to use. It's very easy to figure out the settings.

Never had a problem with durability.

It looks very modern and will look great in any kitchen. I know it looks great in mine.

Expensive, but reliable!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

When I was in search of a new microwave for my kitchen last year, I found this one. It was definitely expensive, but I knew Frigidaire is a dependable brand, so I purchased it. I am glad I did. I would recommend this to anyone who uses a microwave often and wants something they can depend on.

This microwave heats up food evenly, and there are never any cold spots.

Settings/Features
This microwave has plenty of different settings. It makes it easy to heat different types of food. It even has a popcorn setting that always pops popcorn perfectly, and it's never burned.

The interior plate is removable. I normally just wash it in the dishwasher, but you can also hand-wash it with soap and water. You can clean the inside of the microwave with a wet sponge.

Very self-explanatory and easy to use.

This microwave is sturdy, and I have no complaints on its durability.

The design of this microwave is so sleek and modern. I would not change a thing about it.

great microwave

Settings/Features

This is going on 3 years at our house, and still going strong.

So far I love my Frigidaire Gallery 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

I've only had this microwave one week but I've used it every day and so far love the unit.

This microwave cooks food fast and evenly. I've tried everything from vegetables to leftovers and so far, so good.

Settings/Features
I don't like complicated appliances and this microwave is very easy to learn to use. It doesn't have too many bells and whistles so it's great for beginners to experienced cooks. My two daughters love this microwave and find it very simple to operate.

The glass carousel is very easy to wipe clean with a cloth if any spill occur. The sides are easily accessed as well for any splatters and overruns.

I was able to use this microwave without even reading the manual. It's very simple to operate and the controls are self-explanatory.

I've only owned it for one week so I don't know enough yet to give an accurate rating.

The gallery design is slick and looks great in my modern kitchen. It's also smudge proof which is a plus in my book.

Great Looking!

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

We recently purchased this over the range microwave and we love it. It matches well with black or stainless steel appliances. We have dark brown cabinets and it looks fabulous with that as well!

It is really easy to use and keep clean. We haven't had any problems with it not getting food warm, it usually does it fast and on the first time around, too!

It did take me a little bit to get down the buttons and the different features from our last microwave but it wasn't a bit deal. The two big things were this: timer and buzzer. When it comes to setting the timer, be sure to hit the timer button again for it to start. It doesn't automatically start on it's own.

It does have a very persistent buzzer when it is done heating up things. It will be three loud beeps in a row. It doesn't matter if you open the door up during it, it will still make sure you know your food is done. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, just took some getting used to!

Loved it until it died

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

I loved my microwave. It always warmed my foods quickly, was quiet when running, and because of it's design it fit over the stove and out of the way. However, just after having it for a year it died. I am still not sure what exactly it was but it died. I was very upset that I spent this money on something that didn't last.

Looks great, works well.

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

I've had this microwave for a couple of years since I remodeled my kitchen, and I really don't have any complaints. It works well and looks great.

This microwave works very well and very evenly. It heats food evenly and has quite a few different settings, which also work.

Settings/Features
It has a lot of settings and features, but not so many that they become confusing. The only one I really use a lot is the defrost. It's a little complicated to figure out the first time, but after that it's easy and it does a good job of defrosting. I like the automated one-button timing options also.

Since this is an over-range microwave, it makes it both easier and more difficult to clean. You can't move it out, but it's at a good height, and it usually doesn't need more than just wiping out with a wet cloth.

Very easy to use. Some of the menus can be a little complicated, but once you get the hang of it, it feels pretty intuitive.

I've had this microwave and used it quite a bit for the past couple of years and no problems.

I really like the look of this microwave. I have the rest of the appliance with this line, and they look sleek and modern.

High powered

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

This is a very high powered microwave. Well worth the money you invest into it. It gets the food cooked the first time around with no questions asked. Its so easy to clean. The noise is very low you barely know its running. So easy to clean. Its very durable. I would highly recommend this because its such a reliable company.

• Settings/Features:

Fantastic over the range microwave

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

Matches other Frigidaire appliances. Special stainless finish helps hide finger prints, so you don't have to constantly wipe up! Works great and has lots of features, many are already programmed in.

Heats food evenly throughout - very few cold spots, and then you just need to mix it. Has many features to do whatever you want.

Settings/Features
Numerous pre-programmed features with a quick reference guide inside the door. Love the sensor feature.

Turntable is easy to remove to wash. Whole microwave is easy to clean.

As stated before, many features. Basic features are easy and common sense,. More advanced features, are either listed in the quick reference guide, or you may need to refer to the manual for specialty features.

Very durable. I've had it for almost 2 years and have never had a problem, and I use it every day.

I love that the finish hides finger prints. Very well designed and spacious. Easy to \see the food as it is reheating/cooking. Display is easy to read.