Other Microwave Ovens:
Frigidaire
FGMV154CLF
Frigidaire Gallery 1.5 Cu. Ft. Over-The-Range Microwave with Convection

Summary

Frigidaire Gallery Series: FGMV154CLF 1.5 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Convection Microwave Oven with 900 Cooking Watts, 2-Speed 300 CFM Exhaust Fan, Sensor Cooking, Glass Turntable and Convection Cooking Rack: Stainless Steel

Frigidaire Gallery 1.5 Cu. Ft. Over-The-Range Microwave with Convection

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

Great over the oven microwave

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery 1.5 Cu. Ft. Over-The-Range Microwave with Convection:

We love the extra counter space this provides.

We have only heated products so far and it does a great job. It is a convection microwave, but I haven't had a chance to use this. As for cooking, it makes great bacon, heats up all of our frozen items the way we like and it has keys that are one touch.

Settings/Features
I am still going through the book as this product can perform many functions. As mentioned above, it has all the normal touch features for popcorn, frozen dinners, beverage, etc.....but what I like is the huge turntable and the space inside of the microwave. It is huge compared to the one we had sitting on the counter. It also has the function to just push the #1 or the #2 and it will automatically start the oven for 1 or 2 minutes.

Because the microwave is big and sits up above the stove, it is very easy to clean as you can see the top of the inside which was hard for me to clean on the counter oven.

This microwave oven is easy to use as far as heating up and cooking frozen dinners. As for cooking using the convection part, I haven't done that yet.

So far it is holding up.

I love the design and it matches my oven. It is stainless steel and smudge proof.

• Settings/Features:

New microwave, space-saver, big cooker

from Pasadena, CA

We just got this new microwave installed over our range. It is nice and has a built in vent. It seems large because it is as wide as the stovetop. But it is not too tall, so there is still plenty of cooking space below it. Comes with optional metal rack for multi-level microwave cooking. We will see how it works in the long run. I have actually found the metal rack to get in the way more than anything and usually just keep it outside the oven. This microwave make a lot of noise. We had to turn all the sounds off because you can't personalize it, and the beeping was just way too much.

I'm Not Impressed

For the price that this microwave costs I expected more. There are several things that are just annoying about this microwave. For one, the beep when your food is finished is so obnoxious. It's 3 really load long beeps, even if you open the door right away. Secondly, the timer is so quiet. I know this thing can beep loud but I guess not when you want it to. When the timer ends there is one fairly quiet beep. As far as the actual microwaving goes I'm not impressed with that either. I've continuously had food that is cold in the middle when I thaw it and then cook it. Before we moved to this new house we had a cheaper microwave that preformed much better.

Frigidaire Stainless Black Built In Microwave

from Eagle River, AK

We moved into a new home a few months ago, and this is the microwave that our contractor installed. It matches the range which is also black and stainless steel.

The Frigidaire Gallery Series combines a conventiona microwave and a convection microwave oven, with 900 watts of cooking power. The exhaust fan has dual speeds, but we always use the lowest setting. The interior of the microwave is roomy with a glass turntable, which is pretty standard these days.

The oven also comes with a convection cooking rack, but since I also have convection cooking on my range, I don't use this option and I have removed the rack from the microwave.

There are handy one-touch options that save time when microwave cooking. This is handy when cooking microwave popcorn or baked potatoes. Being able to cook for just one minute or adding 30 seconds to an already set time is handy.

I find the interior easy to clean, as well as the front of the microwave. I use a damp cloth and wipe it dry for a shiny, new look.

This oven looks and feels very well made. When I close the door it doesn't rattle and it shuts with a firm thunk - like a car door. Our previous Sharp microwave seems cheap in comparison. Since we didn't buy this model ourselves I don't know what it retails for.

Easy to cook with, cooks evenly and is very powerful.

Settings/Features
Lots of options to choose from and they all work nicely.

Just wipe with a damp cloth and dry off, easy peasy.

Takes some getting used to since the controls are different from other microwaves, but then it is easy.

We have only owned this for 9 months, but we have not had any problems yet.

Black and silver is very modern and attractive and it matches our range.

Excellent power, annoying buttons

from Freeport, NY

This microwave looks beautiful over the matching stove range. The fan is quite powerful, but very loud. The power of this microwave is great and I have not had any issues heating things up. It makes popcorn perfectly. My only gripe is that the buttons are a bit annoying; you really have to push down hard for it to register. There is also a glare when I try to look at the digital clock on it.

I like it but..

from Navarre, FL

I like this microwave but the convection part of it for me it's a little confusing. I am new to having a convection oven and I've tried using it but I can't get the results I want. The level of power when reheating food or using the microwave is also confusing.

I'm new to it all and it is just very confusing trying to work the convection, and the microwave.

A fine microwave

It works just as it should. Lots of presets make reheating easy. Exterior is very nice and fits right in to the gallery collection.

It's average as far as noise, seems well built, and has plenty of room inside.

If i were to complain about one thing: The design to open and shut the door is too loud and requires too much force, but that's reaching.

Easy to clean and cook

We are happy we chose this Frigidaire microwave and convection oven. They are both very easy to clean and use. The rotating plate is easily removed for cleaning. We use the "add 30 sec." button frequently. I also love that you can push 1 or 2 and it will automatically start warming for 1 or 2 min. The only problem I have had with the microwave is the beep after it is done. It seems to not let me push "stop" right away and it beeps 3 or 4 times. I usually just try to stop it before it runs out of time because the beeping is somewhat annoying to me or wakes the kids when napping. Overall I love this set and am very happy!

stylish, great power

from Bellevue, WA

I bought this together with my new range to match color. I love the design. It looks very stylish and not like cheap flimsy stuff. It's spacious inside so you can fit in your large plate inside. The power is great too. Food heat up very fast. However I have one complaint about the "beep" sound it make after cook time is up. It is too loud and it doesn't go off when you open the door.