Other Washing Machines:

Frigidaire Front Load Washer

Pros

Cons

A decent product

I am new to the front load washers. I have always had the top load washers and I find that the front load washer requires more upkeep to keep it clean. I have to constantly clean out around the door and use the TIDE washer cleaner or my washer gets a funky smell. I for sure do not want to have my clothes start to smell this way, so I try to stay on top of the odor issue - which is annoying. For me, this washer has a smaller drum which took some getting used to. I can no longer wash all of my bed linens at once. I have to split them in three loads which is a bit frustrating. The wash cycle is really long and the washer is really loud. I feel like a rocket is about to launch due to the noise. Also, there is a signal that tells you when the wash is done. This signal is super loud and super long. My clothes are clean though. So that is really good.

Energy Efficiency
I don't have much to say about this factor. The wash cycle is SUPER long, so it feels like I am using tons of water, but there has been no significant change in my water bill. Also, due to the time it takes to wash a load of laundry, I feel like it should be using more electricity, but there is no significant change in my bill.

Cleaning Time
I like clean clothes just like anyone would, but the wash cycle is extremely long. I would say it takes nearly twice as long to wash a load of laundry in this washer compared to my old washer.

My clothes are clean so I would say this washer certainly does its job.

It is easy to use and understand. I hate the direction the door opens, but that is an issue specific to my home.

I don't really have much of an opinion on the design. This is a stackable washer that has a dryer sitting on top of it. I thought I would hate this, but in time I got used to this design and have found that I actually like that a lot.

The washer is several years old and is still working really well.

Had to replace the motor in our washer after only five months.

Me and my husband were so excited to purchase our first brand new washer and dryer set after years of buying used clunkers from CraigsList. We were even more excited when we found energy efficient front loading washing machines that were in our price range. We purchased the Frigidaire washing machine and dryer in March and at first found on problems. We were surprised that front loading washers require a completely different kind of detergent, but that was easy enough to switch to. I loved the pull out soap dispenser and the fact that we were using so much less water and energy. I did not love that it didn't seem to have enough power to remove stains, or even just especially dirty spots. It seemed the less water was working against us at this point because unless you put something in that looked hardly even worn, it would probably come out needing to be ran through again. I do about 3 loads of laundry every Saturday to keep up with my 3 person families laundry usage. Not too bad, about average I would say. So imagine my surprise when my five month old washing machine stopped working one day. Called a local appliance guy to come check it out and am told that the motor has gone bad and will need to be replaced. A new motor after only five months of use?? The appliance guy told me that this is a common problem with the frigidaire brand and that I should make sure to  buy the extended factory warrenty, as it will probably go out again pretty regularly. He also told me he is seeing a lot of problems with the door latches on this series becoming broken and therefore the whole machine will stop working. Overall, very disappointed and stressed out about the possibility of replacing the motor in our machine every five months.

Stupendous washer, really shines out the dirt and marks

Comments about Frigidaire Front Load Washer:

We've had this washer for awhile and it never steers us wrong. Our clothes smell store bought new and the brightness really beams in the fabric colors, such and awesome machine.

Energy Efficiency
Great efficiency, tremendous use of power. It hums like bird wings even and the spin cycle churns out with little to no effort.

Cleaning Time
Most modes clean really well at around 40 to 45 minutes which allows us just enough time to toss in the dryer before leaving in the morning, timing works out perfectly, it doesn't waste a moment.

Really good activity throughout all the cycles, I've watched it clean with smooth precision on every cycle and it doesn't leave anything to be undesired.

Easy to use, we've let our toddler help us with loads sometimes and she picked up on how to initiate the modes pretty well.

We love the design. We've keep this washer in the garage and it actually accentuates the beauty of our vehicles quite amazingly.

Very durable, accidently dinged it with the BMW the other day and it still pops and zings as good as before.

• Cleaning Time:

Frigidaire Front Loader Washer needs some work with leakage.

Comments about Frigidaire Front Load Washer:

My husband and I purchased our Frigidaire Front Loader Washer approximately 4 years ago and for the most part I really love the washer but there has been several issues that we have had with the Washer. We have had 2 seperate incidents where we had problems with the washer leaking. We are on a well and the water has caused alot of leaking problems, thank god we always purchase the extra warranty on all our expensive appliances. The Appliance company that we purchased the washer from has had to come out twice and had to fix it. The other issue I have and I wish I would have known is: My husband and I are both disabled and we both have bad backs and with the front loader washer it kills my back to do do laundry. If the sellsman would have told me that could be a issue I might have not purchased the front loader, (the salesman knew both my husband and I have health issues). I do love my washer but hopefully Frigidaire will work out the problem with hard water from the well. Also, the salesman knew we are on a well. Like I said I really like my washer but Frigidaire needs to work out the kinks with well water.

A decent product

Cleaning Time

My clothes are clean so I would say this washer certainly does its job.

The washer is several years old and is still working really well.

Very nice

from North Ridgeville, OH

Comments about Frigidaire Front Load Washer:

I had a differnt front loader before this one, and this one is so much better. It has many choices for cleaning and works great, even when I overload it. It does great on cleaning pet beds, but it is hard to get all the fur out afterward. I normally just run a cleaning mode after really dirty loads.

• Cleaning Time:

Energy efficient money saver!

Comments about Frigidaire Front Load Washer:

An economy model that runs like a superstar. Cannot beat this front loader for the price. It's also very compact, which is hard to find these days. I had to have a small washer dryer set to fit my space and this one exceeded my expectations. I had size constraints so I knew I couldn't get all of the bells and whistles, I was just hoping for "doesn't ruin my clothes and isn't too noisy". This thing far and away exceeds that!

Energy Efficiency
I had a 15 year old stacked washer dryer that was an energy hog. As soon as this and it's dryer counterpart were installed we say a big drop in our water and electric bills. It was amazing. These will pay for themselves in 3 years. Not to mention being much gentler on our clothes!

Cleaning Time
Very quick cycle, you can add extra rinses, spins, etc if needed, so you can customize the load. The basic cycle is fast, but cleans great!

Super quiet, cleans great, never has any issues. Doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of the high end model. I longed for those when we were shopping, but at the end of the day, this washer has done everything I needed it to, for half the price.

Very simple to use. Clear buttons and knobs.

Easy to use, clear, designed well.

The door feels a little cheap, but seems to hold firm. Time will tell. The soap dispenser is also very plastic-y but seems to do the job. Not sure if it will last forever, but definitely sturdy enough for the price.

• Cleaning Time:

Recommended for households that don't do laundry every day

Comments about Frigidaire Front Load Washer:

We bought this washer, and its matching dryer, used from a refurbishing company. (tip- since we live outside of city limits, they delivered it to us and we didn't have to pay any income tax for the city! sweet!)
We noticed that the washer had a bit of a musty smell inside the drum upon arrival. We ran a cycle of water and bleach to help it smell better, and it worked for a bit.
But now, we've had the washer for abut 5 months and the smell is still there. It doesn't go away, and we can't justify running the washer every other cycle to clear out the smell. We bought it to be energy and water efficient -- would kinda defeat the purpose.
Pros are that it truly is energy efficient. Our bills are lower. It's not as quiet as we would like, but its loud moments are brief and then it goes back to quietly washing the clothes. I can barely hear it when the clothes are washing in the drum.
It's a HE washer, but there are lots of detergents out there that work with HE washers. Most of them are actually.
The drum size is smaller than a large capacity top-loading washer, which is what we had before. I'm getting used to that. It's not bad, and it takes care of the clothes better without all that agitation.

This is where I'm putting the 'smelly' part. Everything else is amazing.

• Cleaning Time:

A very good small washing machine

from Muscatine, IA

Comments about Frigidaire Front Load Washer:

I bought my washer about a year and a half ago and it works great. I like the fact that it is high efficiency and consumes little water, these were the main reasons I bought them. They get your clothes clean with little to no residue left on them. The detergent, bleach, and softener has a convient drawer that is separated and labeled well making it easy to fill. The only draw back is I'm glad I'm down to just me and my husband because they are very small. I would have laundry forever if my 3 boys were still home. Not only is the drum small but the overall washer is small. I find myself on my knees trying to get laundry out and into the dryer. You also need to watch how your hookups are, mine are opposite of the norm I guess because the doors on the washer and dryer are opening the same way. I have to go up over the washer door to get to the dryer (which is the matching dryer to the washer). There is no way to change either door around so I'm either stuck with going up over the washer door or going up over the dryer door. They say they are stackable but I don't feel comfortable trying this in my laundry room, maybe if I had them in a closet or there was some kind of support but the directions don't explain how exactly this is done. I'm fine with the washer it does a wonderful job I just don't think they thought a lot about how it was going to be used and by whom.

Overall a good washer, but with some limitations.

from Talala, OK

Comments about Frigidaire Front Load Washer:

We acquired our front loading washing machine when we bought our house a few years ago. Since I am in a wheelchair, I was excited to try the front loader and not have to dig down deep for those loose socks. Overall, I like the washing machine, but it isn't as large as I would like. I have to keep the loads smaller than my top loading washing machine. Also, if you forget to put something in and then start the washing machine - forget it! You can't open the door because water is already pouring inside and the door locks automatically. The front loading part is nice due to my being in a wheelchair and it is easier to reach in and pull things out than the top loading washing machine. Sometimes things get stuck and I always turn the tub to make sure I have everything. I think this happens because I use the "Fast" final spin and it truly spins fast and gets a lot of the excess water out. This is helpful because it takes less time to dry, whether using the dryer or the clothes line.

Life WITHOUT my Frigidaire??

from Deerfield Beach, FL

Comments about Frigidaire Front Load Washer:

How I ever lived without my frigidaire,  boy I'll never know. But I tell you it's made life and laundry a real breeze together. The clean confidence of knowing the laundry's not sitting in dirty water just going round in a the water. With the frontloader the clothes spin aronud tumbling the dirt OUt, the water comes from the side, so your clothes aren't sitting in dirty h20. Go in soiled come out tumbled CLEAN smelling fresh. WOW FRESH:))

Frigidaire Front Load Washer FTF530FS

from Lynchburg, VA

Comments about Frigidaire Front Load Washer:

We purchased this washer as our first front loader. Initially it worked fine, until we moved to a community that uses less chlorination in the water. Nothing came clean in the washing machine and it broke 4 times in the last 8 years. The only reason we still have it is because of a capable husband who can fix such things (via repairclinic.com). We have replaced joints, shocks and numerous other parts on the drum itself. It keeps separating or wearing out parts, which are all plastic to begin with.

Unless you are a single person with hardly any laundry to wash, I would not suggest this washer.