Other Kitchen Ranges:

Cons

Reliable if used casually

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

The Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range has been a very reliable stove for me. This stove doesn't get much use, but when it does it performs very well. I was instantly drawn to this range because of it's look and design. It's very sleek and has a modern take on kitchen appliances. The first time turned on one of the burners I was surprised not to hear several clicks. This stove instantly ignites and I don't 't have to make any adjustments to lower the flame like on my previous gas stove. All four burners are still operational and heat evenly after several years of casual use. One of the best things about the Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range is the glass window. This window in combination with the indoor light enables me to clearly see how far along my baking process is going without opening the door and losing heat. This is very crucial for me because when preparing certain foods I need the temperature to remain at the programmed setting. Any drop in temperature can change the texture and taste of the food I'm preparing. My only major concern with this stove is that on two occasions the gas connector loosened up just enough that a faint scent of gas could be smelled in the kitchen area. I have since replaced the connectors and haven't had this problem occur again.

• Heat Distribution:

My First Stove! Pleased So Far!

from San Tan Valley, AZ

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

I purchased my stove in June and have to say I am pleased with my first major appliance purchase. The functionality of the controls are great. You have the option to set a timer or a stop timer for your food. My fave feature, as it allows you to shut the oven off when the food is done, or allow it to keep cooking but alerting you that your desired cook time has been reached.

The only downfall, when a timer is set you can't see the current time.

Overall, I have made a multitude of dishes with my oven, several meals simultaneously and have had no major issues.

Temperature Control
Wide range in temperature settings allows me to slow cook food in my oven or roast it flawlessly.

Heat Distribution
I have cooked several dishes in the oven at the same time with no real issues with heat not being distributed properly. My cookies came out amazing and I cooked two pans at a time.

Sleek and not complicants.

Cleaning it so far has been a breeze, considering it does not have a self clean option. Stove top is simple to clean and easy to remove the burners.

love my gas stove!

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

Prior to this stove, I have only owned/used electric stoves. I had no choice when I purchased this one. Frigidaire made this gas stove amazingly. It is easy to clean, cooks everything evenly, and looks amazing.
I love how easy it is to brown up burger, sautee vegetables and make soups. It heats a lot more evenly than an electric stove, plus you know how hot it is because you can see the flames.
The oven part is also wonderful. I know that it cooks my food evenly and thoroughly. There is also a self-cleaning option which helps keep it clean in between deep cleanings.
The exterior is beautiful and very well crafted. The knobs come off so little ones cannot turn the gas on and for cleaning around them.
The cast iron grates that you set the pans on do tend to have a slight discoloration after a lot of use, but it does not affect the quality of them at all. They are easy to clean as well.
The electronics on this work wonderfully as well. I have never had any issues since I have had this installed. I will definitely be purchasing another should I move or sell my house. Great product that all people should own.

• Heat Distribution:

Frigidaire FFGF3053LSA Gas Range/Oven cooks up a storm!

from Roslindale, MA

Comments about Frigidaire Freestanding Gas Range:

I did not purchase the Frigidaire FFGF3053LSA Gas Range/Oven, I purchased a condo that came with this appliance.

Prior to using it I read the instructions, because the knobs and buttons were completely counterintuitive to me. Having grown up with a gas stove/oven, I prefer them over electric, and actually have fond memories of using them to heat a room when electricity and the furnace went out during blizzards.

So I was a bit perturbed to discover that the oven was heated by gas but to power up you needed to use electrical controls.

The Controls look sleek and elegant; it seems the design team chose that over efficient. In order to pick a time or temperature for the oven, you have to use arrow buttons- luckily the temperature goes in increments of 5 starting at 350. However, if you have to key in several hours of baking (such as for Thanksgiving Turkeys), you may find yourself there for a while as you punch every minute of those hours. :(

There are Three different Time buttons on the console- the Timer, which does not control baking, but can be used to time something on the stove, the Start Time, which can be used alone or with Bake time- the latter being used to set a delayed start for baking. This was also confusing for when it came time to turn off the alert and/or the oven- do you hit the Timer, the Clear, or the Bake buttons to turn it off? It turns out the alert is all handled by the Timer button, and cancelling baking requires hitting Clear (which does have the word "off", in tiny letters, on it as well.)

The alerts signal something is done and continues to do so until you tell it to stop. This is a useful if potentially annoying feature.

I have had no problem with the baking I have done; things seem to heat well, and the oven monitors itself to maintain the correct temperature. I have not used the Broil or Self Clean features yet.

The console has lights to let you know it is preheating, which turns off, leaving an oven light on, to let you know it has reached that desired temperature. There is also an auditory alert for this feature.

The stove turns on and off easily, though there may be a moment before a flame will catch, and some odd clicking while you wait. I have found the stove controls easy to use in general.

The manual is very thorough and helpful, with a good combination of photos, diagrams and explanation.

The door is heavy and strong, the racks sturdy. I haven't moved them about but it seems simple enough.