3.5

Cons

Frigidaire Side by Side Refrigerator

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Frigidaire FRS6HR5J (26.0 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

We have had only two problems with this Frigidaire Side by Side Refrigerator. First problem: the ice maker gave the ice a musty smell after only about a year. We changed the filter, but that didn't help, and then we changed the water pipes but that did not solve the problem either. For now we are making ice the old fashioned way, which is a little inconvenient when you are used to having ice always ready. The second problem is the thermostat. We slowly had to keep lowering it from the factory setting in order to keep the food at the proper temperature range. We now have to keep it at the lowest possible setting - which before this happened would have frozen the food in the fridge - just to maintain the recommended temperature of 37-38 degrees. So eventually we will have to replace the thermostat. The thermostat in the freezer, however, has never been a problem.
Other minor complaints: the shelves on the freezer doors are thin plastic and tend to break when removed or if the food is too heavy, so I can never really fill them up. And, this fridge is the noisiest I've ever had. Positive points: The shelves in the fridge are easy to remove and clean. There are two crisper containers that hold a lot of vegetables. The outer front is a textured plastic that does not show fingerprints, which is really nice. Overall, this fridge is OK, but I would not buy it again.

Basic

Comments about Frigidaire FRS6HR5J (26.0 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

This Frigidaire refrigerator is good for basic needs, I live in a apartment and I believe this is the fridge that came with it. Nothing fancy but serves it's purpose.

Noise Level
It seems to be a bit noticeable, noise wise, at times. However only life half of the time.

Interior Organization
The shelves and drawers are adjustable, which makes it easy to move things around and rearrange the general look of it if you get tired of it.

Temperature Control
It keeps things cool as it should. At times I'm a little weary as to if it's effectively doing it's job as it should because certain things seem to be spoiling a little faster than I feel it should be.

This is very easy to clean, like I mention the the fridge has adjustable. Can just pull the drawers out and wipe them down with a rag.

I feel it'll last awhile as there is nothing special about it. Basic things tend to be something you can wear out for awhile.

The design is simple and I like the drawers come out because it makes things easier.

Good not great

from Spring Valley, IL

Comments about Frigidaire FRS6HR5J (26.0 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

Its doing its job,but thats it.I would have liked more space on shelves.The plastic on the door shelves have fallen off several times if you put too many things on them.The two drawers on the bottom don't have the temp control.The freezer drawers come off the tracks alot.It stays at a good temp.

Noise Level
Noisey when it runs,can hear it over the tv.

• Temperature Control:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Ellaville, GA

Comments about Frigidaire FRS6HR5J (26.0 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

I wish I had shopped more have never been really satisfied with it had to have worked on in first couple months I owned it

Noise Level
it seems noisey to me and seems to run to much when not opened

Interior Organization
drawers and shelves are adjustable

Temperature Control
freezes at top in fridge side you can't put anything you don't want frozen on top shelf

easy to clean glass shelves and drawers that pull out

don't think it will last 26 years like last refrigerator