2.7
FDB1100RHM
Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher

Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher

2.7

Gets the job done -- just a little loudly!

We purchased this dishwasher almost four years ago and have not had any maintenance problems with it.  We picked it out and our builder installed it for us.  While it cleans the dishes well, I wouldn't say this was an amazing dishwasher.  I definitely still feel the need to rinse my dishes off before putting them in the dishwasher.  If I fail to do this, I often end up with dried ketchup on my plates.

I've become used to how noisy this dishwasher is, but when I have people over they sometimes ask me what is making that noise.  It is not your typical dishwasher noise -- I would describe it as more mechanical/robotic sounding and less like your typical whoosh whoosh noises.

Recently, I've noticed some debris buildup inside my dishwasher.  I need to figure out how to clean that out, but I am sure it will be an easy fix with vinegar.

This dishwasher does seem very sturdy, though.  My toddler often stands on top of the door when I have it open.  I rush over to get him off of it, but there are definitely times when that door supports his almost thirty pound weight.

ho hum, better to wash by hand than use this..

I love having clean stuff- clean kitchen clean clothes clean bathroom (occaisionally) clean kid.  When we bought our condo, I was psyched to finally have a dishwasher, so as to not have to deal with the dish pile up that the hubbs and I routinely experienced as renters (you know, you pretend there arent any dishes in the sink so your spouse will do them- I always lost this game).  Unfortunately, I find myself washing by hand- pre washing and post washing.  I have tried everything to make it work better- less loads, different soap, using the dishwasher cleaner.  Nothing works, all our dishes look dingy and slightly dirty when they come out.  To make matters worse, the top rack is not terribly stable- meaning the rollers that hold it up have broken multiple times now, resulting in a full load of top rack dishes crashing down when you pull out the rack.  Not cool.  Thankfully hubbs has been able to fix it, but I'll say teh next time we upgrade our appliances, it will not be with any variation of this model!!!

The absolute worst! You might as well hand wash!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher was installed new into the condo I lease. It never has really cleaned the dishes, it leaves a nasty film on everything, nothing is ever dry, and the run time is aweful. Shame on Frigidaire for letting a product go the the market such as this!

What do you expect from a built-in from the contractor?

from Springdale, AR

Comments about Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher:

What do you expect from a built-in from the contractor?  This dishwasher is NOT a good appliance at all.  First, the racks are not designed well to accomodate the maximum number of dishes, silverware, etc. As a result, you have to run the dishwasher about 3-5 times a day for a family of four.  Next, the dishwasher cycle from wash to dry takes about five hours.  This is absolutely ridiculous!  Third, you better not be expecting your dishes to actually be clean when this dishwasher finishes.  Many dishes need to be hand-washed because they still have food on them.  Also, it leaves a really cloudy hard water stain on all the glasses that can only be fixed by adding something like LemiShine to the wash.  Finally, the dishes that are actually clean are not really dry. So you have to spend time either drying them by hand, or laying them out on dish towels to dry.  I cannot emphasize this enough...  DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!

Frigidaire FDB1100RHM Built-in Dishwasher

from Orem, UT

Comments about Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher:

Where do I start with how much I love love love my dishwasher! This dishwasher is amazing, my mother in law bought one twice mines price and it breaks down all the time! I have had this for three years with no complaints! It is super affordable super sleek stainless still easy to clean quiet efficient I just can't say enough good things about the quality and affordability of this product. To be honest I was a little iffy at first because it was the cheapest one I could find and so I was worried it wouldn't last and it would do a crappy job of getting the dishes clean, again my mother in law's dishwasher was more expensive it breaks down and the dishes always need to be re-washed because they have a white film all over them, I would not buy a Jenn-Air (I think thats the brand of hers) it is too expensive and poor quality! Buy a frigidaire you won't be disappointed!

Mistake

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher:

So after 23 years, our awesome GE dishwasher finally showed signs of death. We have kids and cook all the time, so the dishwasher is running what seems like daily in our house. After getting word of an attractive deal, we decided to move forward with this Frigidaire FDB 1100. What a terrible mistake. I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" rings true with this unit. First, the capacity was smaller than we thought (even though it fits in the same space as our GE). Second, getting dishes on the top level clean is next to impossible. I don't know what sort of approval is needed before dishwashers can be sold for residential use, but the inspectors were taking the day off the day they were supposed to rate this dishwasher. Fortunately, we were able to get it replaced with a different, more effective model from the retailer, but by no means was it easy. Save your time and money and avoid this product.

Not what we would have bought

from Agoura Hills, CA

Comments about Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher:

When we first moved into our house, the kitchen was completely remodeled with new (-ish (about a year old)) appliances.  We loved the look of the stainless steal and how it complimented everything.  The previous owners bought all Frigidaire appliances.  The Dishwasher was nice and had alot of different features from sanity cleaning, pots and pans cycle to just the top shelf.  We loved how we could choice but after a month, the keypad was giving us some grief.  We'd hit buttons but only certain ones would work.  First was the first problem.  Next we noticed it wasn't drying the dishes.  We had it on the sanity cleaning and even made sure the air dry button was off but every single time we opened it up, the dishes were hot but still wet.  Now we just open it to air dry and figure it's as good as it's going to get.

We've also had a few problems and had someone come out and take a look at it.  Something you don't expect from a newer dishwasher.  If we had to buy a new one, we'd stay away from this one and go with something else.

The Frigidaire FDB1100RHM is not worth buying

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher:

About a year and a half ago I bought the condo in which I currently live.  With the condo, came a brand new **Frigidaire FDB1100RHM Built-in Dishwasher.  I was so excited to finally have the dishwasher that I had been without for years, but I unfortunately the one I got was not all it was cracked up to be.  I find this dishwasher to do an okay job, sometimes.  It runs loudly and seems to go on forever.  It will occasionally just run a double cycle.  It generally does not remove all the food from the dishes and silverware, but if it does, then it leaves dishwasher detergent on any of the items located along the door.  It seems to be better to just wash the dishes in the first place, otherwise I do a thorough rinse before and after putting the dishes in the dishwasher.  It causes more waste.  Thumbs down.  **

**I would definitely not recommend the **Frigidaire FDB1100RHM Built-in Dishwasher to anyone.  It is not worth spending any money on.  ****

It works okay, but I wouldn't buy it again

from Delphi, IN

Comments about Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher:

We chose this dishwasher because of its size - it is about an inch shorter than other dishwashers, because we have low counters in our house. I have figured out how to work it, but it did take some time and trial and error. I don't use jet-dry or those types of chemicals, because I don't want chemicals on my dishes. I use a cup of white vinegar in the final rinse, and I use the extra heat function on the water. I also air dry my dishes to save energy. It does a servicable job, but not an excellent one. I do wish it had a dial so you could see where its at in the cycle.

I would rather wash by hand

from Franklin, NJ

Comments about Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher:

I had this awful dishwasher in my old house and it didn't work then. My dishes would come out filthy and I couldn't trust anything that would come out. I would have to inspect every dish and utensil when I put the dishes away. Then I bought a new house and there was already a Frigidaire Microwave, Stove and Fridge so (not using my best judgement) I bought the matching dishwasher. Its LOUD, its so noisy that when we run it, we need to turn the television up three or four notches in the living room. And the dishes come out filthy. I shouldn't have been surprised. I realise that you should always rinse your dishes before you put them in the dishwasher, but you would need to wash every dish and utensil with a sponge before-hand or they wont come clean. What's the point?  I do not have any problems with my other Frigidaire appliances so it might just be this model dishwasher. Stay clear of this model.

Waste of money!

from Waynesboro, PA

Comments about Frigidaire Built-in Dishwasher:

I currently have this dishwasher in the townhouse I'm renting.  I've used it less than 10 times in the last year only because it does such a horrible job.  I prewash all of my dishes, they never go into the washer with food on them at all.  Typically the dishes come out of the dishwasher dirtier than they were before I put them in.  Water stains, streaks, hazy, and completely soaked!  The heated dry does nothing at all other than maybe help to streak the dishes some as they have never been dry.  I use my dishwasher as a drying rack now as that is about all it is good for.  I just purchased a house and the builder has this same model installed in my new home...guess I know what my first appliance purchase will be.  Don't waste your money, these things are absolute garbage!

Gets the job done -- just a little loudly!

from Punta Gorda, FL