4.1
Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer FAFW3577K

Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer FAFW3577K

4.1

One of the best

The Frigidaire Afinity is one of the best in my opinion I just recently changed over to the Afinity not to long ago. I love how it is more quiet, somewhat more room, and engery efficent having more then one person in your household and accumilating more laundry then a single person alone does. The Frigidaire Afinity is a major help with all the laundry it cleans very well I love the cycles on it so I give it the highest rating ever. It cleans the laundry really well especially when you have tough stains to get out of clothes like grass stains. It runs quietly sometimes I will forget that I am even washing laundry it also doesn't take up that much room in the laundry room. Which makes it more easier to move around when folding clothes I have saved more money on my electric bill then ever since I got the Afinity. It is affordable and the payment plans are great. I wouldn't trade the Afinity for another washer  I would say this would be the most affordable, durable, energy saving washer ever.

My Frigidaire Affinity Washer is such a disappointment

I had been waiting for my old washer to give out so I would have a excuse to buy a new "modern" front-loading washer.  It finally happened and I took myself down to a local appliance dealer.  The salesman suggested the Frigidaire "pair".  The price was good, great store warranty and local service.  The salesman said the more you stuff in it, the better job it does.

What a disappointment.  The salesman was incorrect.  Even without the washer full, it doesn't manipulate the wash enough to get them clean and seems to always tear something.  I now have torn sheets, rugs and bras.  You have to be careful not to get anything too near the door.  Everything is so wrinkled when it comes out that the equally deficient dryer doesn't begin to  take the wrinkles out.  I am now doing a lot of ironing. :(

Not Recommended

from Colorado

About Me Frequent User

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Doesn't spin big/heavy loads
    • Shakes/Moves

• Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer FAFW3577K:

This washer has been a disappointment. Doesn't clean well (whites never look clean), and doesn't spin efficiently on heavier pieces (bath mat, for instance). You need to be vigilant about cleaning 'system clean' cycles. This washer mildews/smells very quickly. We also had issues with the drainage hose getting clogged (a costly repair visit).
    I never thought I'd say it, but I miss my old washer!! Don't recommend this one!

Great Buy

from Nashville, TN

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet
    • Spins Clothes Dry

• Bedding
      • Delicates
      • Everyday Clothes
      • Heavy/Bulky Items
      • Towels

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer FAFW3577K:

This washing machine makes life easy if you are someone that cares about their clothing, as I do. You can choose from 17 different wash cycles, and there is even three soil levels of cleaning for you to choose from. The washing machine offers quite operation, and chances are you will forget that it is running like I do so often. I love the fact that the washing machine has a delay start feature, which really comes in handy on many occasions. You can fit a lot of clothing into one cycle, and this saves a lot of time and energy. I can appreciate anything that makes things easier on me.

The machine cleans clothes amazingly, and even works wonderfully at removing stains. It provides a constant, hassle free wash no matter what is dirty and needing cleaning. It is durable​ and so far has provided me with outstanding cleaning. I love the machine and everything about it.

Bought Frigidaire Affinity at Auction and Love It!

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer FAFW3577K:

I recently went to a local auction where they had a Frigidaire Washer and Dryer set with bases on the auction block. They looked like new and were said to work so I took a chance figuring that if the washer did not work I could call a repairman. I paid four hundred for the pair with the bases which was a great price considering what they cost new! I love this washer. It has a front load door and a big washing tub. There are so many settings to choose from including water temperatures, quick wash, bedding, whites, normal, wash speed, soil wash, steam clean and so much more. I generally use the quick wash cycle which runs about 22 minutes and the clothes come out super clean. So far I have had no problems at all with this machine. The only flaw is sometimes the water will settle a little in the rubber part on the inside of the door but I just wipe it off. It runs great and is very quiet. It does not shake or move when on the spin cycle. It is super heavy duty. You can easily wash bedspreads and comforters in it as well. I love this washing machine. It also has the base drawer which is great for holding laundry detergent and softener. I recommend this washing machine.

• Cleaning Time:

Quick Clean but mildews quicker.

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer FAFW3577K:

I purchased this washer in 2009. We have had mildew grow overnight if we did not dry the gasket out completely after each use.(even when leaving the washer door open all night) After our third move (2012) we had to replace the gasket as there was no cleaning agent that would get it clean enough for our comfort. We have cleaned it several times; however it is to the point where it needs to be replaced again. I think this time we will be replacing the washer and staying away from this model.

Cleaning Time
      We have six people in our family. Having this washer allows me to wash 3-4 loads in a shorter time frame than my mom can wash one load.

Great features, and have had no mechanical problems.

Very poor design. The gasket allows water to 'sit' in it, causing it hard to clean and causing the gasket to mildew. We have replaced gasket, which was not that easy.

The washer itself has held up great, however the gasket needing to replaced and cleaned as often is a down.

The Best Washing Machine Ever

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer FAFW3577K:

I love this washing machine! It comes with the steam geature which is great for those tough stains. Having 6 boys, the steam feature was definitely a plus! It has has a sanitize feature that I haven't used. I also love that it tells you when the washing machine needs to be cleaned. It has a clean cycle and starts to do a count down when it's getting close to the machine needing to be cleaned. Its a fabulous feature.

I had originally bought this washer because my old washer was ruined when a neighbor washed couch cushion covers in my previous machine. The zippers on the couch cushion covers had eatten up the rubber seal around the washer drum which made it none functioning. I didn't have to worry about that happening with my Frigidaire because there's not a rubber seal sticking out around the drum of the washer.

This is seriously the best washing machine that I have ever owned! I love it and the different cycle options that it has including a cycle for children's laundry. I would recommend this washing machine to anyone!

Durable and easy to use

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer FAFW3577K:

This is the first front-loader I have ever owned. I like the capacity, it does twice the amount as our old top loader. I sometimes feel like the clothes don't get as clean because it does not use as much water but overall, I am satisfied with the performance of this washer.

Energy Efficiency
      We got this washer when we got a new house, so I have no comparison but it doesn't seem to use too much energy.

Cleaning Time
      A typical wash cycle is shorter than most, lasting 40 to 45 minutes. I love that it shows how long it will take depending on which options you choose and counts down until the load is finished.

The clothes seem mostly clean, but sometimes particularly soiled items come out looking just as bad as when they went in.

everything is very easy to work and understand, all parts are labeled and it is simple to choose exactly what you want

The only part I don't like is that the rubber gasket sometimes collects gross stuff like pocket lint, hair and gunk, but it is pretty easy to clean it out.

We do approximately 10 loads of laundry per week, with no trouble. We've never had any trouble.

Great Deal!

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer FAFW3577K:

You absolutely cant go wrong with this Frigidaire Front load washing machine. For its price range its one of the best washing machines. Its a great size because it fits perfectly in my utility closet stacked on stop of my dryer. Even though its compact its still able to fit a large load and is relatively quiet compared to most washing machines. I can stuff this baby to the max and it still fairly quiet. My favorite utility of this machine is the StayFresh door seal that cleans the washer and keeps is smelling fresh. You never have to clean this machine it does it all by itself. I also really love the TimeWise technology that ensures wash time always equals dry time so you don't wait for clothes to dry. I never have to wait an hour for my clothes, sometimes they are done as fast as 15 minutes! This is such a smart machine, I dont know what I would do without it. I highly recommend this washing machien for anyone with pets, it does a great job of removing all hair and dandur. A+

Easy To Use Front Loader

from Aurora, CO

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer FAFW3577K:

I've been using this machine for a couple of years now. I like how easy it is to use. Of course, I wish I had the pedestals underneath of it so that I don't have to bend down so far to get the laundry in and out of the washer. That's the one downside. Well that and that you have to make sure not to completely close your washer door to avoid mildewy smells. But the washer itself is simple to understand and does what it's supposed to do. I have had to use the drain/spin feature on a few occasions, mostly when washing a heavy load like rugs.

Cleaning Time
      Seems like a fairly typical amount of time. It is nice that it tells you from the get go how long it will take.

It seems to work really well. I've been using it for two years and have had no repair issues with it. The only thing I occasionally notice is that extra water will need to be drained out sometimes with heavy loads. But there's a setting for that exact purpose, so it's no big deal.

Super simple. Taught my 8 yr old how to use it. He was so excited, because he could so easily do it.

It looks nice. It's not the colorful or stainless steel-shiny look, but it does look nice and clean. it's not crazy fancy, but it's also not cheap or old looking.

• Cleaning Time:

Very poor quality, workmanship, and not energy efficient at all.

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer FAFW3577K:

The product is expensive to not work well. It is supposed to be a heavy duty load washer but will not hold a large load and still dry them or spin them well enough. I have found many times the machine stops in the middle of the washing cycle and the clothes are not completely washed. The odor causes you to have to rewash many loads. Double washing a load is not my idea of energy efficient. It don't always pull the detergent into the machine while running the wash cycle and it is still in the cup when the load finishes. I would never buy this type product again or a Frigidaire washer again. Very poor quality and workmanship.

Energy Efficiency
      I have a large family and depend on washing a lot of clothes with few loads and bought this machine since it was supposed to be very large capacity. I am only able to wash 6 or 7 pair of jeans or the machine won't spin the clothes well enough to dry them. Also there is a bad odor the machine has especially if you don't remove the clothes immediately after the load stops and you end up having to re-wash the clothes again. I can't say after having to wash many loads twice it is very energy efficient and it takes twice as long to do laundry.

Cleaning Time
      Cleaning time if I only have to wash the load once is ok but many times I have to rewash the clothes which take twice as long.

The machine has been taken apart twice because of problems and it not spinning correctly and to clean some internal filter. If it has more than a few pair of jeans or heavy conforter it does not complete a cycle and does not spin the water out of the clothes. Many times after the load completes washing the detergent (liquid) is still in the cup and never ran through the machine.

It is easy to use and has many setting to taylor the way you want to wash the load.

It is extremely heavy and hard to work on as the only way to fix or work on it is to pull it from the wall and take the entire back off the machine.

Very heavy machine.

• Cleaning Time:

What a wonderful dishwasher for cinco de mayo at viewpoints!

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer FAFW3577K:

One night, however, you go to bed and find yourself waking up to a different reality. Almost all of your friends are in serious relationships now (they paired off with someone seemingly all at once) and you’ve become the weird loser that somehow missed the boat. All of a sudden, you’re thinking pathetic thoughts like “I think I need more single friends just so I can have someone to hang out with on a Saturday afternoon again.” This is something you never had to actively seek out before. Your friends were always just there whenever you needed them

It's super fast