3.7
Front Load Washers
Frigidaire
FAFW3801LW
Frigidaire Affinity 3.26 cu. ft. Front Load Washer

Summary

Vibration Control System: Advanced vibration control keeps even oversized loads balanced for smooth, quiet operation. Ideal for second floor installation. TimeWise: Wash time equals dry time - so you don't wait for clothes to dry. SilentDesign: for quiet operation. Stay Fresh Door Seal Stay Put Door WashSense Technology: WashSense technology ensures clothes get clean with care.: Express-Select Controls: Easily select options and cycles with the touch of a button. Add-a-Garment: With just the touch of a button, easily add an extra piece to the washer once a cycle has started. Save Your Settings: Automatically save your last wash setting so you can save time when doing laundry. Delay Start: Set your washer to begin washing on your schedule. It can be programmed from 1 to 14 hours.

Frigidaire Affinity 3.26 cu. ft. Front Load Washer

3.7

Not bad for first time front loader owner

I bought back in 2009 and loved it. It was a bit noisy, but It cleaned my clothes well and I liked the load and water settings. The only setting that wasn't visible was the cleaning setting and you have to hold 2 buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds to activate the wash. It is a must to read all directions with proper use of the washer, because unless you are told or read the manual you won't know this setting is available. The only problem I encountered while owning this washer is that no matter how many cleaning cycles I used and wiping down the inside of the washer I still had mildew on the rubber gasket. I do believe the water in my area played a factor in this but it became a problem since it always smelled of mildew. I even looked into replacing it and decided on buying a new top loader washer, because the price of replacing it and I believed the water was a problem and would probably happen again and I didn't want the hassle. I honestly like the washer, but because of the issue with the rubber gasket I do not plan on owning another front loading washer.

Cleaning Time
I noticed that the times it stated on the wash was misleading, because if it said it had 2 minutes left it would be an extra 5 more minutes in the spin until it beeped to let me know the wash had ended.

wish there would've been a cleaning button instead of having to push the buttons simultaneously.

Washer is a pice of garbage

If I could give 0 stars I would. Anyone with little kids, beware! Little socks get caught! And when it stops working, even when on warranty, this is not a covered repair! Also blouses get caught and ripped up in the rubber lining, when it tries sucking them through as well. I was told by Frigidaire I should not only be using a special garment bag, which I was, but it opened accidentally in the wash; but i was told by the representative that she pins the socks together as well. Interesting what one has to do to keep the machine working.

Longer than other machines

Very poor! Getting rid of it, even though still under warranty. I think it is more appropriate for the garbage! See comment above for details.

I would buy again

from Sanford Nc

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

• Bedding
    • Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Heavy/Bulky Items
    • Towels

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity 3.26 cu. ft. Front Load Washer:

This washer is great it gets my clothes clean and leaves them smelling great it has different settings to choose and it dings when clothes are done washing

NEVER GET THIS IF YOU HAVE KIDS

from Utah

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
      • Leaky
      • Noisy

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity 3.26 cu. ft. Front Load Washer:

i would never buy this again. it eats my kids socks and because it not longer under worranty we have to take it apart at least once a month. and its not a easy thing to get to. I want to sell mine and buy a new top load washer.

frigidaire affinity

from Manchester, ME

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity 3.26 cu. ft. Front Load Washer:

I love this washing machine! My clothes come out so clean and fresh smelling, The delayed timer allows me to do the wash when I want. I love the sensing device that allows you to save water. It is a very quiet machine. The machine itself takes up very little room.

It is OK

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity 3.26 cu. ft. Front Load Washer:

I bought this washer along with the dryer new from the store about 3 years ago. It has had to be repaired once, it wouldn't drain water. A couple thing I don;t like about the washer are the lock feature and moldy smell. The door lock feature is great so you don't open it and dump water all over your floor but sometimes when you close the door, start the machine, and then realize you forgot something the door won't unlock. I cancel the entire cycle and wait, and wait, and about 10 minutes later the thing will finally unlock. It is very inconvenient. About a year after using the wash machine I started to notice a nasty mold smell coming from the washer. I researched it on the internet and people said to wipe it down after each use and leave the door open. I have tried that and also run bleach through it once a month and the smell is still there. It is an ok washer for the price but I know there is much better washers on the market.

• Cleaning Time:

I am happy with my purchase

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity 3.26 cu. ft. Front Load Washer:

I have had my washer for 4 years and have been very happy with it. The only problem I had was water in the drawer under the washer. A repairman told me it was because I overloaded the washer. Once I knew how many clothes would fit -- no more problems. The clothes are clean and the spin cycle gets the clothes almost dry.

• Cleaning Time:

Best washing machine I have ever owned

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity 3.26 cu. ft. Front Load Washer:

This machine cleans all of the clothes very well. It gets out stains that I thought I would have never gotten out before. The washing machine is loud at times, but overall I would say that the good outweighs the bad for sure.

Cleaning Time
        It does seem to take awhile to wash the clothes. However, I have started using just the quick wash mode and the clothes are just as clean.

This machine is so easy to use that if you have never done laundry before you could do it with this machine.

The design is good. I wish that it had a better stand that would make it sit higher.

The machine works incredibly well.

• Cleaning Time:

Great washer and a bargain price

from Bakersfield, Ca

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity 3.26 cu. ft. Front Load Washer:

Bought this washer to match the dryer that goes along with it and love it. At first I read some reviews on various websites and was so so about getting it but it matched my dryer so went for it and am thrilled. I have had absolutely no issues with it and it cleans my clothes better than any other washer I have had. It is fairly quiet, however, during the spin cycle you can hear it as it accelerates. It isn't too loud or disruptive though. My clothes come out smelling clean and fresh. I will note that, unlike any other washer I have had, the clothes come out very hot when the cycle is done. Not sure if this is a new technology but it seems like the clothes are cleaner when very hot. Plus, it seems to speed up the drying time.

Cleaning Time
        Longest cleaning time is 47 minutes and goes down from there depending on the cycle selected.

Not a whole lot of buttons to push or computer touch screens, just what you want and need easily located on the front top of unit.

Very clean lines and nice looking.

Not bad for first time front loader owner

from Tarawa Terrace, NC

Washer is a pice of garbage

Longer than other machines

• Cleaning Time:

Love my Affinity Washer and Dryer!

from Pine, CO

Comments about Frigidaire Affinity 3.26 cu. ft. Front Load Washer:

My set is now approximately 5 years old. We use it almost daily. Easy to use, easy to customise the type of load you are doing. Water savings, soap savings. Large loads! small loads! I live currently in a condo so my units are stacked. I am not tall at all (5'2) and have no problem in reaching buttons, clothing. Does a good job, on my husbands heavy duty work clothes. I can wash my delicates with confidence they will be clean, and look like new. I highly recommend this set!