View more cat litter

Other Cat Litters:
Fresh Step

Fresh Step Premium Scoopable Cat Litter for Multiple Cats

Not as good as other brands

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Fresh Step Premium Scoopable Cat Litter for Multiple Cats:

I purchased this as it was on sale and had a coupon on it. After using it for a couple weeks with 3 cats, I'll probably never use it again.

After the cats used it for a day or two, I noticed some serious problems when they pee in it. With most brand, it clumps together solid. However, this one clumps together and becomes pasty. Which makes it a pain to clean the scooper after use. However the litter is great when they're doing their other business.

It's advertised on the packaging that the product has odor scent control. However, even after the cats cover their business well, you can still smell it for a long time after.

After using this for awhile and noticing the problems, I think I'll stick with the store brand scoopable litter that I normally use. As I like to have a clean litter box with lingering smells.

• Moisture Absorption:
  • Odor Control:

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Fresh Step Premium Scoopable Cat Litter for Multiple Cats:

For the most part I love Fresh Start Clumping Litter. It has a great smell which helps when you have multiple cats poop, it hides the smell very good. And it clumps really well together also when you have multiple cats which are by themselves while I'm at work. It also keeps the box and liners dryer longer so you don't have to change the liners as often. However, it tends to get very dusty when you move around the litter to find the clumps the cats have hidden undearneath, so I usually start sneezing when I have to clean the litter box or watch when I completely throw out the mostly used up box. With multiple cats though I wish they went back to the plastic containers with the handles and have a 30-40 pound box because with multiple cats I do go through litter really fast and I try to save on items in this ecomomy to last longer as I have 4 cats to take care of so two litter boxes. Sometimes, I have to buy two boxes to last me for 2 weeks especially when its drier in the house in the winter weather, the cats drink more so they go more.

not bad

from Houston, TX

Comments about Fresh Step Premium Scoopable Cat Litter for Multiple Cats:

I have two cats and am pleased with this litter. It clumps well when wet, creating urine patties that are easily scooped out. It also makes loose stool easy to scoop out so you don't have to change the whole box every time your cat gets sick. This litter controls odors pretty well. I have only two complaints. First, this litter is awfully dusty when you pour large quantities into the litter box. You get a dust cloud that takes a while to settle. Secondly, this relies, at least in part, on an artificial, flowery scent to control odors. This scent is especially strong when you pour large amounts into the litter box. I have a covered box (my cats would kick litter out all over the place with an uncovered box), and I feel like I have to leave the lid off for a few minutes to let the dust settle and the fragrance air out a bit. A fragrance--free version of this litter might be preferable, but I haven't seen one in stores.

Fresh Step Is The Best

from Canton, OH

Comments about Fresh Step Premium Scoopable Cat Litter for Multiple Cats:

I have five cats and needed something that was going to work. I needed something that was going to keep the litter box dry and free from urine smell. Well I found it in Fresh Step,when you scoop out the clumps the bottom of the litter box is dry which in turn keeps the urine smell out of the box.