3.9
Freschetta  Frozen Pizzas

Freschetta Frozen Pizzas

3.9

Restaurant Quality Pizza

I love to cook, but once in a while I want something different or something easy to make at home so I bake up a frozen pizza.  I am very picky about the pizzas I choose, because so many have a hard crust or a bland sauce.  Freschetta pizzas bake up soft and chewy with a great texture and lots of flavor.  They are so easy to make and the crust on the Brick Oven type is my favorite because it is crispy and soft in the middle.  The Pizza Amore comes in a 6 cheese blend which I find so tasty and there are also pepperoni, meat blend and a supreme variety available.  For an extra treat, try the stuffed breadsticks which are dough pieces stuffed with cheese.  The Naturally Rising varieties come in these flavors as well as a pineapple and bacon blend.  This crust bakes up really soft.  If you like a crispy crust, try the Ultra Thin varieties of cheese, pepperoni and supreme for a soft filling and crunchy crust.  The Brick Oven varieties taste better than takeout and have a great baked crust and yummy toppings.  My favorite is the spinach and mushroom.  These pizzas are great for a quick dinner and taste delicious.  The tomato sauce is a great blend of herbs and spices and there are lots of toppings on each variety.

Freschetta pizza is a disgusting greasy mess

I do not understand how this pizza has gotten so many positive reviews. I bought it last night, the "Naturally Rising" supreme type. Coming out of the box it was very pretty, prettier than any other frozen pizza I have ever seen so I was looking foward to trying it. And it also baked fine and rose good in the oven. But I have never in my life seen a greasier pizza.......when I took the pizza out of the oven there was literally a lake of orange liquid in the center and I had to use many many paper towels to blot all over the pizza to sop up this disgusting oil mess. Even pizza like at Pizza Hut are not as greasy as this! I never managed to sop up all the orange grease and I used almost half a roll of paper towels. I didn't want the pizza to go to waste so I decided to eat some anyways. There was nothing special about it......I have tasted way better. The toppings were bland, as was the crust. I actually ended up pulling off the toppings and cheese just to make it edible (I was hungry!). Needless to say I ate 1 slice and threw the rest away. I had high expectations, but this pizza sucked.

Thanks for Gluten Free

from Oakland, tn

Comments about Freschetta Frozen Pizzas:

I was very impressed by your Gluten Free pizza. The crust had a very nice texture and the flavor was amazing. Thanks so much for thinking of those of us who cannot eat gluten.

Good for frozen but cook time is off

Comments about Freschetta Frozen Pizzas:

We've always like both Freschetta and Digiorno and we have one or the other about once a week. Yes, Freschetta is a good pizza but something has been off with the cooking times lately. While Digiorno is still cooking as it should, Freschetta is burning on the bottom and edges. This is the third time this has happened recently and, no, it's not our barely a year old over. Everything else is cooking fine. So, tonight, we've learned that we'll need to knock off around 5 to 8 minutes from the cooking time and keep a very close eye on it while cooking. That is unless we stick strictly to Digiorno from now on.

Best Frozen Pizza

Comments about Freschetta Frozen Pizzas:

I live in NY so pizza is in my heart. I don't put frozen pizza in the same category as pizzeria pizza and never will. Even brands that claim to have pizzeria flavor just don't. With that said, I do like frozen pizza as a snack. I've tried most all of them at one point or another, some better than others. Again, none of them compare to pizzeria pizza. But I'm hooked on the "Brick oven Pepperoni". It's by far the best frozen pizza I've ever eaten. I really don't understand any of the negative comments. If you have a problem with "greasy pizza", you have never had real pizza. Pizza is not supposed to be dry. As for making it crispy, I've found that with any frozen pizza (including Freshcetta) it's best to over cook them. If you do this it will make them taste better and become crispier. I have to admit, I don't by Freschetta when it's at full price because it's a little too expensive. But when it's on sale, I always buy it. Makes an awesome late night snack. And if you get the brick oven style, over cook it (until the cheese starts to get dark) cut it into small squares, it makes a great treat for parties. I rarely buy any other.

My favorite frozen pizza!

Comments about Freschetta Frozen Pizzas:

I really do enjoy Freschetta frozen pizzas. They have a lot of toppings available, and they bake really well. The crust is especially good. It is crispy on the bottom and a bit chew around the edges.

I really like the brick oven Freschetta pizzas. Those are by far my favorite. Unfortunately, my usual grocery store doesn't carry them, so I have to get the regular ones. The only issue I've ever had is that the sometimes don't get quite done enough right in the middle, so I usually turn the heat up just a bit above the instructions and leave the pizza in for about 3 to 5 minutes longer than the instructions say to, and that works great.

Depending on which pizzas are on sale, I will sometimes buy the plain cheese pizza and add my own toppings. This works well because then I can control exactly how much of everything I put on the pizza. These pizzas are a bit pricey, but they're worth it for me. Cheaper and quicker than ordering from a restaurant. Great to have on hand!

Delicious but kind of pricey!

Comments about Freschetta Frozen Pizzas:

I love this brand of pizza, it tastes so fresh like it's homemade, in my opinion it's even better than delivery pizza, it tastes like you made the dough and everything all on your own. The packaging is great also, in my opinion the special plastic package around the pizza keeps it fresh while it's in the freezer and it seals in that great fresh taste. The only downside to this pizza is that it's a little more on the pricey side, but if you don't mind spending a little bit more then this is the pizza for you!

Slightly crunchy, slightly chewy!

Comments about Freschetta Frozen Pizzas:

In a crunch for a meal one night, I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a Freschetta Frozen Pizza. We usually buy a different brand of frozen pizza, but in the mood for something different we decided to try this one. Both my husband and myself actually preferred the taste of this pizza to our usual brand. It had a moist and chewy crust on the inside, but the outside had a bit of a crunch to it. There were a decent amount of toppings on the pizza, and it cooked evenly. There was a lot of cheese on this pizza, and it was of average size. We have since purchased this pizza a few more times, and it is always a crowd pleaser in our house!

Similar to others.

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Freschetta Frozen Pizzas:

Freschetta Frozen Pizzas come in several varieties. My personal favorite is the supreme. It contains two different kinds of peppers, pepperoni, sausage and more. The toppings are sufficient to say the least. I don't like the taste of the sauce on the pizza, it has some sort of sweetness and I just don't like it very much. The cheese could be increased but has a pleasant taste and texture. The rising crust is a plus - it gives the impression that the pizza is somehow fresher than most frozen pizzas. The inner packaging is sufficient for maintaining freshness. The Freschetta Frozen Pizza that I dislike the most is the original cheese pizza. It leaves much to be desired in the area of cheesiness. Also, another note, you need to preheat your oven for quite some time before cooking or it will not come out right. Other than that, I would suggest this pizza be used for sleep overs or teens mostly. It is not similar to delivery pizza.

A variety of frozen pizzas flavors made by Freschetta.

Comments about Freschetta Frozen Pizzas:

Freschetta frozen pizzas are really quite good. They come in a variety of flavors and crust types. The self rising crusts are my favorite, They cook in your oven and really do come close to take out pizza from a pizza restaurant. The sauce is tasty and the toppings are plentiful.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Freschetta Frozen Pizzas:

Has kind of a zesty/spicy taste to their pizzas, but they are still pretty good. I would rate them below Digionios and other delexe home to cook pizzas and of course below delivery pizzas, but definately better than most other frozen pizzas like Tombstone, etc.

Box looked better than pizza tasted

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Freschetta Frozen Pizzas:

This frozen pizza comes in a box that seems to always catch my attention and say buy me. I think that this pizza is a little price but it was on sale and I though I would give it a try. I decided to buy two pizza's. One was a combo pizza with the extra veggies/meat and the other pizza said it was a self raising crust. Overall I would say that the sauce had a good flavor however it did not cover the pizza and the ingredients were rather skimpy frozen pizza comes in a box that seems to catch my attention and say buy me. Even though this pizza is a little pricy I decided to buy the combo pizza with the extra veggies/meat and one of the pizza said it was a self raising crust. Overall I would say that the sauce had a good flavor however it did not cover the pizza and the ingredients were rather skimpy. Needless to say we were disappointed and find it doubtful that I buy this brand again. .