Other Condiments:
Marinade
Frank's

Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce

Just for wings? I don't think so. I put it on EVERYTHING!

Since I can remember I have been spicing up my food in some way. I have tasted about 70 different hot sauces over the years. Everything from a chipotle chile sauce that I bought while in the Bahamas to a tequila habanero sauce I ordered from Mexico. I truly love the combination of heat and flavor these sauces bring to my food.I first found **Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce** at the restaurant I have been working at for 5 years. I lived by the original *Frank's Red Hot*, so I knew that this one was going to be good as well. When the wing sauce first hits your tongue, you can immediately taste the buttery flavor that sets this sauce apart from the original *Frank's Red Hot*. After a few seconds, the heat begins to come on. At first it's subtle but gradually heats up until it evens out to be about a medium hot. The real joy of this hot sauce is how much flavor it's packing and how well it can flavor your favorite foods. It's a wing sauce so, of course, its incredible on wings. Getting a big bowl and mixing the wings with the hot sauce until they are evenly coated is a great way to spice up wings. Just because the name is **Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce**, doesn't necessarily mean it's only for wings. I regularly put this on pizza, hamburgers, chicken strips, fried clams, and fajitas. It also kicks up your favorite chicken marinades. I like to mix the wing sauce with finely chopped jalepenos, about a teaspoon of honey, and some BBQ sauce (I prefer *Masterpiece BBQ Sauce*). I then throw a couple of chicken breasts on the grill and brush them with the sauce mixture. Once I've brushed them 3-4 times on each side (and they're fully cooked), I plate them up and pour the remaining sauce on top. It's fast, simple, and delicious.All in all, this is a well balanced hot sauce. The flavor does overpower the heat a little so, if you want a fiery hot sauce go with something like *Tabasco* brand hot sauce. I suggest picking up **Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce** in the 12 oz bottle as I find it to be the best bang for the buck.

Not bad, but lacking in any real heat. There are better options.

Frank's has a splendid line of sauces out there for our consumption. however, this is probably the worst of the bunch for making Wings. The Buffalo Wing Sauce here in question goes on the wings straight, with nothing added. The flavor isn't that bad, but it lacks any kick at all. If you don't like heat this is a good sauce for you. However, you can make a wing sauce that is far better using Frank's ORIGINAL Red Hot or better yet, Frank's Xtra Hot. Mix either one of these sauces about 2-1 with melted butter and you have an outstanding traditional wing sauce. If you like a milder sauce, use this or simply mix the Original Frank's 1-1 with butter. Any less than a 1-1 mix you have a butter wing and not a buffalo wing. If you are truly a hot wing fanatic that really loves the heat, use Frank's Xtra hot 2-1 with melted butter and toss about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Dave's Insanity sauce in there. Dave's won't change the flavor of the sauce at all, but will add a tremendous amount of heat. You can also throw Garlic Powder, Garlic Salt, or Crushed Garlic into these traditional sauces to add a Garlic kick to your sauce if that is something you like.

Comments about Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce:

I will never by a cheap, no name sauce again! Just about every product has a so called no name generic version, this includes hot sauces. To be fair, they are all not and, but do pale in comparison to Frank's. I don't know who came up with this recipe, but they get a gold star from me. This is the perfect balance of heat, and spice to really enhance any food, not just wings. Many bottled wing sauces tend to be watered down, maybe to fill the bottle for a cheaper cost, but this brand is different. It always comes out of the bottle just the right thickness, but not so thick as it's un pourable. It smells hot right from the first whiff. The whole point of the sauce is for wings, but you can use it on or in anything. For a wing sauce you can marinate the chicken in it or in a pinch dump right over the wings. I usually add some butter and spices to the sauce and marinate for a while, any way you make it they taste delicious! Try it on eggs or even in soup to kick it up a notch. Great sauce!!

Delicious for every part of the chicken and not just the wing!

Comments about Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce:

Every time my family and I dine out for dinner at a restaurant, we always get buffalo wings as the appetizer. We love the sauce that comes on them and as many times as I tried to make it at home, it never works out for me. Finding Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce in the supermarket while I was shopping was like finding a pot of gold. I knew I had to buy the minute I saw it. I always buy regular hot sauce but Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce is much different and tastier than that.
I decided to make fried chicken the next day for lunch after I bought it. I fried the chicken the way I usually would. I poured Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce in a big bowl and began tossing the chicken in it. We got the dinner table set up and put the platter of chicken and began eating. I cannot express to you the joy on my children's faces. They just could not believe that the chicken they were eating was home made by their mom. This sauce is delicious and I always use it when I make fried chicken, on every piece of the chicken and not just the wings. After I began buying it, our friend chicken meals were never the same. They were a lot more tastier and way more enjoyable.

Classic hot sauce flavor

Comments about Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce:

If you like hot sauce you've clearly heard of franks red hot. Its one of the biggest names in the business next to Tabasco. I was never a fan of hot sauce my whole life until I started going to greasy spoon diner type restaurants. The food at places like that are usually bland or just salty and fatty but many of them do carry this type of hot sauce. I started off just giving my food a punch with a few drops but as I grew to understand and like the taste I nearly smother my diner food with this sauce now.

Its sour like vinegar, with some spice and some tang to it. Its great for french fries, burgers, chicken, anything fried really, its good, it comes with little to no calories and can save an otherwise failing meal.

You can also cook with it to make your own sauces. Drop a few tablespoons into an existing sauce to punch it up a little and surprise everyone. You can also use this for classic hot wing sauce, I generally fry or bake up a batch of wings, mix this sauce in with mayo and make buffalo wings. Delicious and easy !

The best wing sauce!

Comments about Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce:

I am a huge fan of anything hot and spicy, and I love Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce! It has so many uses which is the best part about it. I love using it to marinate chicken, to make wings, to top my nachos, to add to chili, or to put on pizza! It has a great spicy taste but still has a good flavor. I find spicy items often have so much spice they lose flavor. However, this has all its flavor and is a great addition to almost any meal. I love it!

A staple of Buffalo

Comments about Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce:

Frank's Red Hot is exactly what it claims to be, both red and hot. This sauce makes up the majority of the traditional buffalo sauces you will encounter in the wing world and also tastes great on just about everything you can put it on. Buy multiple bottles, you will use it up quite quickly.

Best sauce

Comments about Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce:

I've been using Red Hot Buffalo sauce since I could remember. It's the perfect flavor. Not too hot and spicy, but it does have a little kick. I love that it can be used to anything too. Some hot sauces only taste right with certain food. This is my favorite, and will stay that way.

still the best for Buffalo wings

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce:

The best Buffalo wings ever. But it can be used to make all kinds of buffalo flavored appetizers. Mix Red Hot sauce with chopped chicken and shredded cheddar cheese. Spread on crescent roll dough that has been rolled into a rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style and freeze for 1 hour. Cut into 3/4 " slices, place cut side down on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 12 minutes. Serve with blue cheese dip. Quick and flavorful appetizer!

tasty and good!

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce:

My whole family loves hot wings. They make a great quick snack. We also make spicy chicken sandwiches and buffalo chicken pizza. I have tried a few wing sauces and decided that Franks is the better wing sauce out there. My family loves spicy so we opt cor the hotter version. I havent had any complaints and never have a whole lot of leftovers.

Delicious but what's up with the vinegar???

from Sicklerville, NJ

Comments about Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce:

I love hot sauce and I have Frank's in my fridge but  I just wish they would make a hot sauce without so much vinegar...NOT one of my favorite condiments. I use Frank's to make my own version of Buffalo wing sauce. I add to a bowl some Frank's hot sauce, then a packet of Good Season's Italian seasoning Mix, some honey and whisk...It is the BEST hot sauce for wings or chicken fingers...whatever!! Yummy.

Good on everything!

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce:

I usually purchase hot sauces from small time sauceries, aka the microbreweries of hot sauce.  I have won more than one chili pepper eating contest.  But when I need a fail-proof, go to, every day hot sauce, I always return to Frank's.  Is it the hottest... No. Is it the most gourmet... Again, no.  But does it compliment anything?  Yes.  Is it always on hand, yes.  'Nuff said!